Appearance of Stretch Marks on skin is a common problem associated with rapid weight gain/weight loss, puberty, pregnancy, muscle building and other such issues. As these marks look unusual on normal smooth skin and cause embarrassment, people often look take refuge in natural home remedies to get rid of Stretch Marks.
Basically, Stretch Marks are caused by rapid stretching of skin thereby breaking down the connective tissues present in elastic dermis layer. As a result, there appear scars in the form of reddish or purple lines that become white in color over a period of time.
Apart from the above mentioned factors like weight gain/loss, weight lifting, hormonal changes etc, Stretch Marks can be caused by underlying conditions like Diabetes, Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, or Cushing’s syndrome as well.
Natural Home Remedies to Get Rid of Stretch Marks
• Rubbing cocoa butter on the affected area is one of the most popular natural home remedies to get rid of Stretch Marks. Application of cocoa butter can also help prevent Stretch Marks from developing. Therefore, women are often advised to apply it on thighs, buttocks, abdomen and other susceptible areas during pregnancy.
• Shea butter can also be massaged regularly just like cocoa butter for at least two weeks. The massaging action improves circulation and promotes growth of new tissues thereby healing Stretch Marks fast.
• Regularly applying a mixture of shea butter, olive oil and almond oil for a few months, preferably twice a day, is a valuable home remedy to get rid of Stretch Marks.
• Combination of aloe vera gel, vitamin E oil and olive oil serves as a good natural cure for getting rid of Stretch Marks at home.
• Massaging the affected area with a mixture of two tablespoons of almond oil and a tablespoon of castor oil is another natural way to reduce Stretch Marks.
Castor oil can also be used along with heat treatment. For this, you need to rub the oil generously on the area, wrap it in plastic and finally place a hot pack or heating pad on it for about 20 minutes. Follow this procedure daily for at least a week to lighten your Stretch Marks naturally at home. Castor oil is used for removing age spots and wrinkles too.
• Lavender oil, almond oil, olive oil, emu oil, rosehip oil, vitamin E oil and flaxseed oil are considered as excellent home remedies to get rid of Stretch Marks naturally.
• Applying a combination of one tablespoon each of wheat germ and calendula oil is highly beneficial in making Stretch Marks disappear.
• Home treatment for Stretch Marks can be done through apricot scrub. To follow this therapy, you need to blend a mixture of two apricots and almost six tablespoons of almond oil to form a thick mixture. Apply it two times in a day on a regular basis to make your Stretch Marks fade.
• Applying a mixture of half teaspoon chamomile oil, the same amount of lavender oil and some carrier oil (almond oil, jojoba oil, argan oil etc) serves as an effective natural treatment to get rid of Stretch Marks. Apply this natural remedy for about 15-20 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
When dealing with Stretch Marks, make sure to drink plenty of water because it helps prevent as well as reduce Stretch Marks by improving the elasticity of skin.
Besides, you can use moisturizing creams containing vitamin A (facilitates metabolic stimulation of skin), vitamin C (helps repair connective tissue), vitamin E (makes skin firm and elastic) and vitamin K (promotes repair of skin damage and improves appearance of scars).
Combination of vitamin C and K, in particular is useful in building fresh skin over the marks. At times, Stretch Marks tend to fade away by themselves with the passage of time. However, keep in mind that although Stretch Marks can be reduced considerable, they can not be eliminated completely. So, try not to be impatient and vigorous when following natural home remedies to get rid of Stretch Marks fast.