Hair Growth Supplements
- Take multivitamins and vitamin supplements to increase your vitamin intake for healthy hair growth.
- Folic acid pills, taken once or twice daily (almost 400 micrograms), assist in the synthesis of amino acids and aid in cell division to make your hair grow faster.It is naturally present in fenugreek, spinach, flax seeds, black beans, pinto beans, broccoli, cucumber, tomato, milk, yogurt, brewer’s yeast, peanuts, strawberries, papaya, kiwi, orange juice, and so on.
- FDA approved biotin pills, preferably taken orally along with other B vitamins, facilitates hair growth.
- Take sea kelp supplements to speed up hair growth and reduce breakage. It is particularly good for individuals suffering from iodine deficiency. To apply it topically on the scalp, dilute one part of pure sea kelp extract in three parts of distilled water.
- Consume fish-oil supplements. They are rich in omega-3 fatty acids acids that provide nutrients to the hair follicles. Gelatin capsules, too, are considered effective for faster hair and nail growth. Vegans, however, may have to look for other alternatives.
- Flaxseed oil pills are also effective in making hair grow faster. You may include flaxseed oil in your diet by adding it in salad dressings, smoothies, etc.However, flax oil may not work for some people because it requires enough enzymes that can convert its ALA (alpha linolenic acid linolenic acid) into DHA and EPA that further break down into prostaglandins.
- Taking nettle tablets (500 mg per day) works as a great remedy to stop hair loss. Needless to say, before taking any supplement, consult your doctor. If not interested in taking pills, drink stinging nettle tea three times in a day.
- Propecia (finasteride) is another effective hair loss remedy. It has side effects, though. In addition, it is not recommended for women.
- Saw Palmetto berry extract improves skin and scalp conditions, and helps reverse hair loss or Androgenic Alopecia. This herbal remedy can either be taken as a dietary supplement (320 to 480 mg) or used topically.You can take this supplement twice daily. When applying it on the scalp, combine the extract with some oil and then leave it on your hair for at least one or two hours.Besides, you may use a Saw Palmetto shampoo. It is advised to consult your physician before trying this method of hair growth. Plus, consider talking to an alternative medicine expert for suitable dosage.
- Sulfur assists in metabolizing B vitamins, which in turn help grow your hair. Moreover, it provides strength to the hair. You can take sulfur supplements in the form of MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) capsules and apply sulfur mixes (sublimed sulfur powder) after mixing them in your hair oil.
- Topically applying liquid melatonin on the scalp once daily has shown positive results in increasing hair growth and re-growth in women. However, further research is required to determine the long-terms effects of this treatment.
- Ginseng is a popular Chinese herb that promotes hair growth and helps repair damaged hair cells.
- Chinese angelica root or dong quai is another Chinese herb that works a natural cure for hair loss.
- Ginkgo Biloba extract also works as an alternative medicine to boost hair growth.
- Evening primrose oil can be taken internally (total 1,000 mg, three times per day) as well as applied externally on the scalp to stimulate hair growth. It is a good source of potent prostaglandins and omega-6 fatty acids.Plus, it has GLA (Gamma-Linolenic Acid) that prevents hair loss. As this oil tends to go rancid soon, you may consider taking it in capsule form.
Page 2 of 5