If you are a fan of homemade rather than the regular, ready-made products, you may like to consider exploring recipes for organic laundry detergents for cleaning your clothes.
These detergents are cheap, affordable yet effective. Furthermore, they make sure of simple ingredients, especially borax, baking soda and washing soda, Basically, borax acts as a fabric softener and had it has mild bleaching properties.
Besides, washing soda works as an alkaline cleaning agent and degreaser. It helps remove dirt and odors, and is often used for softening hard water. Coming to baking soda, it works as a deodorizer.
To add fragrance to the recipe, you may include fragrant essential oils like lavender and rosemary oils as well. At times, food-grade glycerin is also used because it is a binder agent.
You can get these ingredients from your local grocery store. Thus, you can prepare liquid as well as powder laundry detergents at home. Plus, you shall find interesting recipes for homemade laundry soaps, too.
5 Homemade Organic Laundry Detergent Recipes
- At The Thrifty Mama, you shall find detailed instructions for making an organic laundry detergent liquid soap. It is estimated that this homemade laundry detergent shall cost about $5.17 for 5 gallons or more than 80 loads of laundry detergent.
If you want to include aromatic essential oils in your recipe, you can read up on how to use essential oil blends in homemade laundry soaps at ezinearticles.com.
- This is another similar homemade laundry detergent recipe described at The Simple Dollar website.
A single batch of this detergent should be sufficient for almost 52 loads. Watch the following video to get an idea of the exact consistency of this laundry soap.
- At The Burlap Bag, you can find a quick and simple step-by-step procedure for preparing homemade laundry detergent powder with grated soap bar, borax and washing soda.
It shall cost merely about $3 and work for almost 64 loads of laundry. You may use one or one and a half tablespoon per load.
- There is another fabulous DIY laundry detergent recipe at www.howdoesshe.com.
The ingredients include washing soda, borax, baking soda, OxyClean (optional but highly recommended), soap bar, and a bottle of Purex Crystals Fabric Softener (again optional). It can be used in a High Efficiency washer and it does not create any suds.
- Those of you who are not at all interested in grating soap for the homemade laundry detergent can try the method mentioned on www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com.
It gives you the easy alternative of using a dish soap.
These homemade laundry detergent recipes are somewhat same as all have the same basic ingredients and procedure. So, you can follow the one that you find suitable and easy to follow.
Furthermore, when thinking about making your own laundry soap at home, visit littlehouseinthesuburbs.com to find out about the things should know about cleaning powders before starting off. Plus, you shall find 10 homemade laundry soap detergent recipes at tipnut.com.
Leave a Reply