Aloe vera is rich in vitamin A, B vitamins, vitamin C, vitamin E, niacin, folic acid, zinc, potassium, magnesium, calcium, chromium, selenium, etc. It is excellent for your skin and hair as it restores your natural beauty and conditions your hair.
Thus, it is included in numerous skin-care products. Moreover, aloe vera gel has anti-fungal, anti-viral, and anti-bacterial properties. It also contains an aspirin-like compound, that is, salicylic acid, which helps cure acne and pimples.
Another advantage of aloe vera is that it can be applied on all skin types, even on sensitive skin. Plus, being packed with antioxidants, it neutralizes free radicals and assists in maintaining youthful skin.
You can either make your own aloe vera gel at home or purchase it from a health-food store. To make the gel, you need to take a thick and green aloe vera leaf from the plant, cut it length-wise with the help of a sharp or serrated knife, scoop out the inner-leaf transparent gel using a spoon, and blend it in a blender.
Here’s a video showing how to make aloe vera gel.
Skin-Care Recipes with Aloe Vera
- • Mix six tablespoons of fresh cucumber juice, four tablespoons of aloe vera gel, and two tablespoons of plain yogurt. Apply this facial mask on your skin and wash it off after 15-20 minutes to soothe sensitive skin and reduce sunburn.
- • Boil an aloe vera leaf in water until it becomes soft and then grind it to get a smooth paste. Next, add about a teaspoon of honey in it and apply this natural remedy on the affected areas and rinse it off with cold water to treat acne and acne scars.
- • Another homemade facial mask for acne-prone skin involves blending one-third cup of cucumber chunks, two tablespoons of aloe vera gel, one tablespoon of rolled oats and one tablespoon of tea tree oil in a blender or food processor. Apply the resultant paste on your face and neck, and rinse it off after 15-20 minutes.
- • Regularly applying a combination of aloe vera gel, honey, turmeric powder, and few drops of rose water and glycerin is highly beneficial for getting bright and glowing skin.
Similarly, using a mixture of aloe vera gel, vegetable glycerin, and lemon juice fades blemishes and age spots. The following video shows how to use aloe vera plant for skin-care.
- • Simply applying aloe vera gel on your skin helps heal problems like eczema, psoriasis, blisters, warts, insect bites, etc.
When dealing with minor burns, you can apply pure aloe vera gel or a combination of aloe vera and vitamin E oil for relief. Massaging aloe vera gel on your skin also removes wrinkles.
- • Prepare a homemade cream for getting rid of stretch marks by blending together half a cup of extra virgin olive oil and a quarter cup of aloe vera gel in a blender. Next, take four vitamin A and six vitamin capsules. Squeeze the capsules, pour the contents in the mixture, and mix it thoroughly.
- • Whisk two tablespoons of aloe vera gel and two drops of witch hazel together in a small bowl. Dip your fingertips in the solution and rub them gently to make your nails beautiful as well as healthy.
- • You can prepare simple facial scrub by combining raw milk, aloe vera gel, and granulated sugar. Rub it on your face gently and leave for about 15 minutes to remove dead skin cells and impurities.
Besides, you can take aloe vera gel internally by blending it with pineapple or some other fruit to enhance the flavor and beauty benefits. In addition, it boosts immunity, improves your metabolism, and facilitates weight loss.
nisha kc says
good tips it really word good…