You can get soft, beautiful, and shiny hair naturally by applying hair care recipes on your hair. There are several commercially available hair products for this purpose. However, they contain harmful chemicals that ultimately leave your hair dull and lifeless.
Thus, you may opt for nourishing and revitalizing homemade hair masks. These preparations work best when prepared from organic ingredients and used on a regular basis.
To enhance the charm of your lustrous looks in an affordable way, you may prepare homemade hair masks with ingredients that you can easily find in your pantry. In case you have dry hair, make sure you add moisturizing ingredients such as extra-virgin olive oil and honey.
Homemade Hair Masks for Shiny Hair
- • Mix a quarter cup of olive oil in half a cup of organic honey. You can also add about ten drops of fragrant aromatherapy oil like peppermint oil for a refreshing smell.
Apply this solution on your hair and rinse it off after an hour with cold water. Finally, shampoo your hair. This is perhaps the most common hair mask used to make dry hair soft and shiny. Use this recipe around two times in a month.
Here’s a video showing how to make an easy hair mask with honey and olive oil.
- • Beat two eggs and add one tablespoon each of milk and honey in the fluffy mixture. Spread it on your hair, leave for five minutes, and then wash it off to maintain lustrous locks.
- • Applying a combination of two tablespoons of flat beer and a whisked egg is highly beneficial for getting glossy hair. Leave this mask on wet hair for about half an hour.
- • Simply pouring a can of flat beer on your hair (preferably shampooed) and rinsing it out with water is one of the most popular remedies for getting shiny hair.
- • Those who wish to have super soft and healthy hair can prepare a hair mask using a variety of herbs. For instance, you can take one tablespoon of comfrey root, the same amount of chamomile, and one teaspoon each of nettle and elder flowers.
Infuse these herbs in boiling water and then let the solution steep for almost half an hour. Cool and strain the fluid. Next, add a teaspoon of organic apple cider vinegar in it.
Rinse your hair with this recipe after shampooing. Pour the solution on your hair repeatedly for three to four times. These therapeutic herbs are also considered good for healthy hair growth.
- • Another herbal hair mask can be prepared by applying a combination of half a cup of amla (Indian gooseberry) powder, half a cup of shikakai powder, the same amount of brahmi powder, a teaspoon of lemon juice and some yogurt, sufficient to form a smooth paste.
- • Take four glasses of warm water and dissolve a teaspoon of honey in the solution. Pour it onto your hair after shampooing and do not wash it out. It works as a wonderful leave in conditioner and gives a nice sheen to your hair. The recipe helps disentangle the knots, too.
- • To get thick and shiny hair, puree two ripe bananas in a blender, and mix three tablespoons of mayonnaise, one tablespoon of olive oil, and a few drops of rosemary or lavender essential oil in it (for fragrance). Leave this recipe on your hair for 20-30 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- • Beat an egg and blend it along with one tablespoon of wheat germ oil and two and a half tablespoons of powdered milk. Apply this smooth paste on your hair and cover with a shower cap. Finally, wash it off with cold water and shampoo as usual using a mind shampooing.
Though not proven scientifically still, it is believed that rinsing your hair with cold water assists in maintaining shiny hair as it helps close the hair cuticles which, in turn acts like a smooth surface that reflects more light.
Brushing a few times with a natural bristle brush is also useful. Besides, make sure you take a healthy diet consisting of protein and a variety of nutrients to get naturally beautiful and glossy hair.
Leave a Reply