Acne, pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads usually appear on oily skin due to clogged skin pores. Besides, factors like puberty, hormonal changes, and overactive sebaceous glands, hereditary factors, certain drugs, vitamin deficiency, stress, etc. contribute in causing acne.
Though you may not be able to control all the factors that are causing acne breakouts on your skin still, you can take measures to reduce the problem.
Hence, apart from taking prescription medications and using topical antibiotics, creams, gels, and so on, you can apply a number of homemade face masks to get rid of acne naturally.
Beauty Masks For Acne And Pimples
- • Baking soda is considered as one of the best acne home treatments. Plus, it soothes itching and inflammation around zits.
As it exfoliates the skin, it is good for removing blackheads and whiteheads, too. Thus, combine one part of baking soda and two parts of water (preferably warm), and leave this mixture on your face for about 10 minutes (you need not rub it).
You can also add a little honey. Do not confuse the baking soda mentioned here with baking powder. Use this mask at most three times in a week.
- • Prepare an aspirin mask by dissolving 4-5 uncoated aspirin tablets in a few drops of water to get a thin slurry paste and apply on your face, especially over the acne.
If you find it difficult to apply, then consider using aloe vera gel or honey instead of water. Let it sit on your skin for 15 minues and then wash it off. Aspirin contains salicylic acid that helps fight acne.
- • Tea tree oil has excellent antiseptic and anti-microbial properties. Hence, it is effective in curing bacterial infection that worsens acne breakouts.
Thus, you may apply a mixture of two tablespoons of distilled water, one tablespoon each of baking soda, honey, and four to six drops of tea tree oil as an anti acne facial mask one or two times in a day.
You can simply apply tea tree oil by diluting one part oil with nine parts water. In case you have sensitive skin, then replace water with aloe vera gel.
Here’s a video showing how to make a homemade anti acne facial mask with oatmeal, egg, and lemon juice.
- • Boil a cup of water, pour it over three-fourth cup of quick oats, and add a quarter cup of organic honey, preferably manuka honey. Apply this paste on your skin and after 15-20 minutes, rinse it off with lukewarm water to reduce acne.
- • Mix one teaspoon each of honey, tomato juice, and half a teaspoon of camphor lotion. Clean your face and apply this paste for 15 minutes, followed by a cold water rinse to help heal acne and blemishes.
- • When dealing with inflammation and acne scars, apply a combination of turmeric and organic honey or plain yogurt.
- • Prepare a natural face mask for acne-prone skin by mixing together one tablespoon each of turmeric powder, honey, two teaspoons of non-fat milk, and three to five drops of lime juice.
Leave this mask on your face and neck for about 15-20 minutes and then rinse it off to reduce acne scarring, dark spots, and rejuvenate oily skin. Afterwards, rub a cotton ball soaked in milk to remove the yellowish tinge on skin caused by turmeric.
- • Applying a combination of half a teaspoon of lemon juice and egg white and then washing it off with lukewarm water after 15 minutes is useful in treating acne at home. Finally, rinse your face with cold water after using this mask to close the pores.
- • Simply rubbing a peeled garlic clove on the affected area is believed to be highly beneficial for getting rid of acne and pimples.
Besides, applying freshly squeezed aloe vera gel on your skin two times in a day to reduce oil production.
To enhance the effects of this remedy, keep the aloe leaf in the refrigerator for two weeks prior to use. In addition, regularly drinking around two ounces of aloe vera juice is also considered good for acne.