Although there exist a variety of procedures for hair removal, seeking out some easy home remedies for Hair Removal is not uncommon. Hair Removal natural remedies are particularly useful in case you have sensitive skin or are apprehensive about cosmetic treatments like electrolysis.
Some of the most common Hair Removal methods include waxing, sugaring, shaving, tweezing, threading, using pumice stone, depilatory creams etc. These procedures usually help in getting rid of unwanted hair but are temporary. Methods like tweezing, nonetheless, can eventually inhibit hair growth.
However, do not expect immediate results when following Hair Removal home treatment, especially when using homemade recipes for Hair Removal. In addition, these natural cures give best results when used regularly.
Natural Home Remedies for Hair Removal
• Using a face mask prepared by mixing a tablespoon of lemon juice in four tablespoons of honey is one of the most popular natural home remedies for Hair Removal from face.
For best results, apply the mixture in the direction of hair growth and scrub it off when after 15 minutes when it dries. Follow this therapy at least two times in a week.
• Prepare a sticky mixture of an egg white, one teaspoon of sugar, some corn flour and apply it on the face for about 15 minutes. Finally, peel it off. This is an effective natural treatment for removing facial hair. Do this 3-4 times in a week.
• Sugaring is one of the oldest Hair Removal home remedies. For this, squeeze half a lemon and add some molasses in a mixture of a cup of sugar and a quarter cup of honey. Heat the mixture until it becomes thick, smooth and brownish in color.
You can heat in a microwave or thick saucepan (bring to boil on medium flame and then simmer on low flame) till you get the aroma of cooked lemon and let it cool for 15 minutes. Next, spread the mixture on your skin with a butter knife in the direction of hair growth.
After 10-15 minutes, use a clean cloth or waxing strip to get rid of hair on legs, arms and other parts of the body. Like waxing, the cloth or wax strip being used needs to be pulled against the direction of hair growth. Preferably, dust some corn flour on the skin before using this home remedy. Various sugaring products are also available in the market.
• Ingrown hair can also be removed with the help of sugar scrub and sugar facial mask.
• Applying a paste of one teaspoon gram flour (chickpea powder), half a teaspoon of yogurt and a quarter teaspoon of turmeric powder for about 15-20 minutes is highly beneficial Hair Removal natural treatment for facial hair. Scrub it off gently when it dries. You can replace yogurt with rose water or plain water in case you have oily skin.
• Another way to heal this problem is to use turmeric powder mixed with a few drops of milk or rose water. Apply it on face and scrub it off by massaging in circular motion when it dries.
Finally, wash the face with cold water. Turmeric may leave behind a yellowish tinge on the skin. Therefore, rub your face with a cotton ball soaked in milk to reduce the yellow coloration.
• A combination of lemon juice, chamomile tea and honey serves as valuable homemade bleach for facial hair.
• Mix four tablespoons of thin aloe vera gel, two tablespoons of mustard oil and two drops of lavender essential oil in a mixture of a quarter tablespoon each of turmeric powder, papaya powder and gram flour.
Spread and leave the paste on skin for about twenty minutes and then remove with the help of a piece of cloth. Follow this Hair Removal natural remedy every 2-3 days for a few months.
• Homemade wax prepared by heating a mixture of two cups of sugar and a quarter cup of lemon juice in a quarter cup of water is one of the most efficient natural home remedies for Hair Removal. Cook the mixture over low flame until it melts to form a thick and brown liquid.
Apply it on skin and remove after 10-15 minutes by placing clean cloth or waxing strips and pulling in opposite direction of hair growth. Apply ice afterwards to soothe skin irritation and tighten the pores. Opening the skin pores by steaming before applying the mixture can help make this method more effective.