Purchasing commercial products that help remove your makeup often seems a useless wastage of money when you can make your own makeup remover swipes at home.
These homemade products are cheap and safe to use as they do not contain synthetic ingredients like preservatives.
Moreover, you can create your own recipes to remove eye makeup. As eyes are delicate, make sure you use natural and organic ingredients while preparing these solutions.
Thus, organic coconut oil is the most preferred choice in this regard. It has antifungal, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties. Plus, coconut oil nourishes and moisturizes the skin.
Recipes For Homemade Make-up Removers
- • To prepare make-up remover wipes, cut a roll of paper towels in two halves with the help of a knife and insert half of it in a canister.
Then, add two cups of distilled water, one tablespoon of baby oil and one and a half tablespoon of baby wash in the canister. Finally, let the liquid saturate the paper towels for at least half an hour and store in the refrigerator afterwards.
For cutting the paper towels, do not use a serrated kitchen knife; instead consider using a bread knife or an electric carving knife. If you do not have baby oil and baby bath, just add organic coconut oil (heated in a microwave or double boiler to melt it) in the canister along with distilled water.
Here’s a video showing how make your own make-up remover wipes conveniently at home.
- • A mixture of a tablespoon of castor oil and one-eighth cup of grape seed oil can also be used to remove make-up naturally without relying on store-bought products for this purpose.
- • To remove dirt and makeup on skin, you may simply use a combination of cucumber juice and a few drops of baby oil in it.
- • Take one tablespoon of jojoba oil and two tablespoons of aloe vera gel. Mix these ingredients together and use the resultant solution to wipe away the makeup around eyes.
- • You can make a DIY eye makeup remover by heating a cup of distilled water in a microwave for a minute or so and adding a tablespoon of organic coconut oil and one and a half tablespoons of baby shampoo in it. You may also put a few drops of an essential oil in the solution.
- • Another recipe that can assist in removing eye make up involves the use of a combination of one tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil and two tablespoons of canola oil. To use this simple makeup remover, just dip a cotton ball or tissue in it and wipe off the makeup carefully.
- • Stir four tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil mixed along with three tablespoons of organic almond oil. Store this solution in a bottle and use it as a make-up remover. Alternatively, you can combine equal amounts of olive oil, castor oil, and canola oil. You may also add a little vitamin E oil.
- • Boil a cup of water and allow it cool completely. Put this water and olive oil in a bottle in a ratio of 1:2. Finally, add a few drops of rose water in this solution. Mix the ingredients thoroughly and use this as a natural make-up remover, especially for eyes.
- • In case you are interested in preparing a cream for the same then use following procedure. Stir half a teaspoon of borax in two tablespoons of distilled water until it dissolves. Next, heat an ounce of beeswax in a double boiler or microwave to melt it.
Add one-third cup of sweet almond oil in it and pour the borax-distilled water solution in the mixture while whisking or blending it. When it reaches a thick, creamy consistency, transfer the recipe in a clean container and store in the refrigerator.
- • If you are bothered about taking off waterproof mascara then you can remove it by simply wiping with a little baby shampoo.
Though the above-mentioned DIY recipes are safe to use on your face as well as the area around the eyes still, it is suggested to avoid using any recipe that causes skin or eye irritation.