More often than not, blemishes are caused by issues like acne, blackheads, whiteheads, age spots, boils, and other skin infections.
Besides, hormonal changes and hereditary factors are also likely to increase the chances of developing this problem.
Blemishes can be defined as discolored marks or patches on skin. They usually appear on the face and neck when dead skin cells and sebum clog the skin pores. Thus, when dealing with blemishes, it is essential to maintain an effective skin-care routine.
Moreover, you can apply a number of homemade recipes prepared from natural ingredients to make these unsightly marks disappear.
Homemade Face Masks for Blemished Skin
- • Making a paste by combining dried and powdered lemon peels, orange peels, and plain yogurt is useful in treating blemishes. Follow this remedy on a regular basis for a few weeks.
- • Simply applying a combination of one part of apple cider vinegar and eight parts of water is highly beneficial for curing blemishes and dark spots.
- • Another easy beauty recipe to lighten blemishes involves using a mixture of half teaspoon of extra-virgin olive oil and a quarter teaspoon of lemon juice.
- • Soak 8-10 almonds in water overnight. In the morning, peel their skin and grind them along with one teaspoon of honey and one and a half teaspoons of lemon juice.
You may add coconut milk as well. Smear this paste on your skin and leave it for 10-15 minutes to get soft, blemish-free, and glowing skin.
- • Dip a cotton ball in a solution of one tablespoon of milk mixed with a teaspoon of orange juice and rub it on your face. Finally, wash it off after 15-20 minutes.
- • Mix equal parts of lemon juice and tomato juice along with one tablespoon of instant oatmeal. Leave this homemade recipe on your skin for about 10 minutes and then rinse it off. Follow up with a moisturizer.
- • Prepare a face mask by combining three tablespoons of corn flour, one tablespoon of organic honey, one teaspoon of glycerin, and a beaten egg white. Leave this mixture on your face for about 10 minutes and then wash it off with warm water.
- • Applying sandalwood paste mixed rose water and lemon juice helps heal acne and blemishes naturally.
- • Cook a half a cup of plain oatmeal. Blend an onion in a blender or food processor and mix it in the oatmeal along with one tablespoon each of honey and green clay. You may add more green clay to thicken the mixture.
Finally, spread the paste on your face and neck. Remove it from your skin after 20-30, when the mask dries. Follow this therapy at least once in a week to fade acne scars and blemishes. It also helps soothe inflamed skin.
- • Take a cup of rolled oats and a tablespoon of wheat bran. Grind these ingredients in a food processor, blender or coffee grinder.
Apply this recipe on your face and neck. After 10-15 minutes, rinse it off with lukewarm water to exfoliate the skin and reduce blemishes. This face mask is recommended for those who have oily skin.
- • To get rid of blemishes on dry skin, prepare a face mask by mashing a ripe or over ripe banana with the help of a fork and adding four tablespoons of plain yogurt in it.