Cucumber is highly beneficial for soothing and cleansing the skin. Furthermore, it is widely used to refresh puffy, tired eyes and get rid of under eye circles. This cooling food contains a variety of phytochemicals and nutrients.
It is believed that cucumbers contain vitamin K, which strengthens the capillaries under eyes, thereby alleviating the problem of dark circles.
In addition, it prevents wrinkles and cures under-eye swelling caused by water retention because it has high ascorbic acid and caffeic acid content.
Moreover, being rich in vitamin C, this vegetable benefits the skin by improving collagen production, thereby promoting elasticity of the skin.
Plus, cucumber contains vitamin A, potassium, manganese, copper, iron, calcium, selenium, silica, phosphorus, etc.
Thus, you can use grated cucumber or cucumber juice in a number of face packs to get soft, smooth, and glowing skin.
Homemade Cucumber Beauty Recipes
- • The most popular cucumber remedy is to regularly place cucumber slices on the eyes for 10-15 minutes to heal dark circles and bags under eyes.
- • Peel a cucumber and cut it into a few chunks. Blend these pieces and four to five mint leaves in a blender or food processor. Next, break an egg and separate the egg white from the yolk.
Whisk this egg white and add it in the puree prepared earlier. Apply this recipe on your face and neck with the help of a cotton pad or cotton ball, and wash it off after 20 minutes.
Watch this video showing how to make a cucumber facial mask at home.
- • Prepare a homemade exfoliating facial mask for greasy skin by blending a peeled and deseeded cucumber in a blender along with half a cup of plain, unflavored yogurt and a teaspoon of milk powder. Apply the resultant paste on your skin and rinse it off after 15 minutes.
- • Another homemade beauty care recipe for oily skin involves pureeing cucumber and tomato chunks in a blender and applying it on your skin for 10-15 minutes.
- • When dealing with dry skin, you can make a nourishing and hydrating face mask by blending together half a cucumber, half a banana, four tablespoons of lemon juice, and one tablespoon of organic honey.
Smear this paste on your skin and leave it for about half an hour. Finally, wash it off with lukewarm water and follow up with a moisturizer.
- • Combination of cucumber and lemon juice works as a brilliant toner for skin. It can be used to get rid of acne and acne scars.
- • Soften and exfoliate dry skin by applying a mixture prepared by blending a quarter piece of cucumber along with an egg yolk and a tablespoon of sour cream. Wash it off after 10-15 minutes.
- • Mix one tablespoon each of cucumber juice and coconut water. Apply this solution on your skin and rinse it off after 10 minutes. Follow this natural treatment regularly to get glowing skin and fade blemishes.
- • Take a quarter to half a cup of oats, five tablespoons of plain yogurt (those who have dry skin can use milk instead of yogurt), two tablespoons of organic honey, and course, a cucumber that has been cut into pieces.
Put all these ingredients in a blender or food processor. Pour the resultant mixture in bowl and refrigerate it for about 10 minutes. Finally, apply the recipe on your face and wash it off with lukewarm water after half an hour.
Plus, being rich in fiber, it also facilitates weight loss, especially when you eat unpeeled cucumbers. In addition, as this vegetable contains potassium, it lowers high blood pressure and helps maintain fluid balance in the body.