Hickey is a kiss mark that is basically a type of bruise and that can be cured with the help of a number of hickey remedies that are easy to follow.
The red colored hickey marks are usually formed when the skin is sucked or bitten too hard, thereby breaking blood vessels under the skin. The broken capillaries consequently bleed out and form blood clots beneath the skin.
Therefore, the best hickey remedy is one that focuses on breaking up the blood clots to spread the blood out so that the body can reabsorb it as soon as possible.
Hence, the most common hickey remedy is to apply a cold compress on the affected area. Like bruises, hickey marks also take time to heal. Depending on the depth of the wound, a hickey mark may take days or weeks to fade naturally.
Quick Hickey Cures
• Applying ice on the wound is the first and foremost hickey remedy. However, do not apply ice directly on the skin can cause ice burn. Instead, wrap ice cubes in a cloth and then place it on the mark for about 10 minutes at a time.
• Place a spoon in the freezer for about 10 minutes. Then, wrap the spoon in a piece of cloth and lightly rub it over the wound until the spoon no longer remains cold. Repeat the process for a few times to spread the blood out and make the hickey disappear faster.
• Gently massaging the affected area serves as an effective hickie remedy. However, do not put too much pressure on it otherwise bruise might become worse. You can also apply some lotion on the site of injury and then massage with the back of a cold spoon.
• Applying some peppermint based toothpaste on the affected area for a few minutes. Then, wipe it off with the help of a warm washcloth as soon as you feel a tingling sensation to stimulate blood circulation on the bruised area. Damp peppermint tea bags can also be used for this purpose.
• The application of hot compresses or alternate hot and cold compresses is beneficial in curing hickies. You can use a warm tea bag or a washcloth soaked in warm water for this purpose. Though, this home remedy should be followed around 24-48 hours after getting the wound.
• Simply combing the affected area with the help of a soft bristled hair comb is one of the most popular methods to lighten and fade hickey marks. You can also use a hair dryer to apply heat and then comb the area to improve circulation.
• Applying vitamin K, zinc, vitamin C and vitamin E creams/oils or taking these vitamins as supplements is useful in facilitating the process of healing.
• Applying calendula cream, comfrey cream, witch hazel or vinegar as compresses etc are some other popular hickey remedies. Though, scientifically, their effectiveness has not been proven as yet.
• Some people claim that simply twisting the eraser on the back of a pencil or using a coin to disperse the blood are also effective hickey cures. The skin needs to be stretched and then pressed to disperse the blood. These methods, are more painful than other safer methods.
Adopt these hicky remedies as soon as possible to help dissipate the blood and speed up the process of healing. Ice, for instance, when applied immediately helps to reduce and decrease the bleeding.
As it is not possible to remove hickey completely until it fades away on its own, for the time being, you can use make-up (concealer with green tint) to conceal the embarrassing mark by neutralizing the shade. Wearing scarves, turtleneck tops, collared shirts or other similar clothes can also help hide hickey on neck temporarily.
In case you have further suggestions on how to get rid of a hickey quick then you can share your hickey remedies here.
Leave a Reply