What are Age Spots?
Age Spots are a number of black, brown or grey colored spots on the skin that usually fade away with the application of several Age Spots’ home remedies. These blemishes tend to develop as a result of sun damage due to exposure to sun rays over a period of time.
These blemishes are also known as Sun Spots, Liver Spots or Lentigines. The benign Age Spots are often harmless but ugly to look at. Though, they do tend to cause confusion in the detection of skin cancer.
These spots usually occur on the face, forehead, neck, shoulders, back of the hands and other exposed areas. Individuals aged 40 years or more are more susceptible to this problem.
Various treatments like bleaching, laser treatment, cryotherapy, microdermabrasion, chemical peels and a number of home remedies for Age Spots have been found beneficial in removing Age Spots.
Out of these, the natural treatments for Age Spots involving the use of natural ingredients are considered the safest means of preventing as well as curing Age Spots at home.
Causes and Symptoms of Age Spots
As already mentioned, Age Spots are caused by overexposure to the sun. Basically, increased exposure to the sun leads to increased production of melanin cells that protect the skin against the ultraviolet rays of the sun.
Although, this increased melanin production tends to darken the natural pigmentation of the skin and hence results in the formation of Age Spots or Sun Spots.
Increasing age may also give rise to the increased melanin production due to the decrease in the amount of antioxidants. Certain genetic factors may also contribute in the development of Age Spots. Using commercial tanning beds may also increase the risk of developing this problem.
Apart from the formation of flat and oval brown-black sun induced freckles on the skin, there are no significant symptoms of Age Spots.
The spots may appear in a group or singly. They are not characterized by any pain or inflammation. The condition is considered serious when the spots become irregular shaped, raised, or multi colored.
Natural Home Remedies for Age Spots
• Applying a mixture of two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and one tablespoon of orange juice is one of the most effective natural home remedies for Age Spots. Apple cider vinegar can also serve as an efficient Age Spot natural remedy when used in combination with onion juice or olive oil.
• A combination of four tablespoons of buttermilk and two teaspoons of tomato juice is highly beneficial in the home treatment of Age Spots. This remdy should be applied for at least half an hour on a regular basis until the spots fade away.
• Rubbing aloe vera gel or juice on the affected areas helps reduce Age Spots to a great extent. Similarly, regular application of castor oil, twice a day for about one month is also considered beneficial in curing Age Spots.
• Onion juice and lime juice are excellent natural home remedies for Age Spots. Onion juice can be applied by simply rubbing a red onion slice on the affected area.
Follow these natural remedies at least two times per day for about a month or so to get encouraging results. Application of garlic juice also helps to remove Age Spots naturally.
• Prepare a chickpea paste by mashing one-third cup of fresh chickpeas along with some water. Apply this therapeutic home remedy on the affected areas and leave it on the skin until it dries.
• Take half a teaspoon of lime juice, half a teaspoon of vinegar, one teaspoon grated horseradish root and about three drops of rosemary oil. Mix these ingredients well and apply this mixture on the affected area to get rid of Age Spots in a natural way.
• Daily applying mashed green papaya for about 15 to 20 minutes is one of the most trusted Age Spots’ home remedies.
• The sap of dandelion stem is considered as a successful Age Spot home remedy. It should be applied on the spots for about two or three times per day until the sun spots vanish completely. Consumption of dandelion tea also helps to heal Age Spots internally.
• Applying a mixture of yogurt and honey for half an hour serves as a natural cure for Age Spots by working as natural bleach.
Diet for Age Spots
A nutritious and well balanced diet with special emphasis on foods rich in vitamin C and vitamin E is highly recommended in dealing with Age Spots. Foods like cabbage, spinach, peas, corns and a variety of other fruits and green vegetables should be positively included in the diet to reduce and lighten Age Spots naturally.
Orange vegetables that are rich in antioxidants help to prevent skin damage from harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun. In addition to this, try to avoid sun damage by using sun blocks (SPF 15 or more) and covering the skin exposed to sun rays in order to prevent Age Spots.
my face has hair and white headsn brown spot tel me home made hrrbal