Newspapers are frequently filled with the news of Asthma Attack. This can be easily avoided with simple home remedies for asthma attack.
Extreme cold conditions can lead to uncontrolled asthma attacks. Nebulizers and Inhalers have already been proved inadequate for patients with severe asthma attacks. Children predisposed to wheezing and attack may suffer from acute attacks.
Obesity can be the other major problem which can lead to Asthmatic symptoms. Protect yourself and your kids from passive smoking such as parental smoking. Smoking is one of the major reasons of increase in environment pollution.
Recently there was a study on Asthmatic children in the age group of 1-12 years. According to this study, besides, air pollution, bottle feeding and obesity can also lead to asthma.
The major symptoms of asthma include heartburn, shortness of breath, nocturnal cough and chest tightness.
Inflammation of walls leads to asthma. This is triggered by several allergens and irritants. Allergens vary with individual. The immune system of our body reacts abruptly to some substances known as allergens.
Some substances which lead to asthmatic symptoms are pollen, cockroaches, dust mites, pets and animals, mold and smoke. Even our food can be the asthmatic allergen. Cow milk, egg, fish, peanuts, and various additives can be the irritant to cause asthma.
Though there are several causes mentioned on various magazines and internet sites but many patients are found with no exact reason of Asthma. A study done by University of Montreal has suggested that asthmatic kids when treated with an oral steroids their immune response resulted in transient depression.
Some preventive measures to avoid asthma are:
• Exposure to dry and cold air should be avoided.
• Always keep your inhaler with you, so that you can use it in case of an attack.
• Exposure to fresh air is very important.
• Avoid dusty places.
• Avoid mental worries and tension.
• People who are in the habit of eating processed food; they are highly exposed to this attack.
• Keep exercising to avoid blockage of air which is the main cause of asthma.
Try out the following home remedies for Asthma attack.
• Place a jug full of honey under the nose of patient. This quickly relieves congested lungs.
• Mix one teaspoon of honey in a glass of water and drink this solution. Follow this therapy three times a day.
• Boil some garlic cloves in 3ogms of milk. Intake of this helps in curing asthma.
• Mince some garlic cloves (around 4 to 5 cloves). Add this to ginger tea. Inhaling steam of this mixture twice a day cures asthma.
• Whisk a teaspoonful of turmeric powder in a glass of milk. Intake of this remedy 2-3 times a day is recommended.
• Mustard oil when mixed with camphor and massaged over the chest works miraculously in getting some relief during attack.
• Infuse some caraway (ajwain) seeds in boiling water. Heat it at 100 degree Celsius. Inhale this steam to treat asthma.
• Blend lemon juice, honey and radish in a blender. Cook this mixture on pan on low heat. Intake of this mixture daily morning helps in curing asthma.
• Add half a teaspoon of licorice root tea in a cup of hot water. Keep it for ten minutes then strain and drink.
• Use of Bromelain that is an apple extract helps to heal inflammatory symptoms.
• Infuse 4-5 cloves in 125ml of water. After that, stir one teaspoonful of honey. Intake of this mixture twice a day provides cure to mild cases of asthma attack.
• Similarly add 1 teaspoonful of Spiegel seed to warm water. Drink this mixture twice a day. This minimizes asthma attacks.
• Pregnant or nursing women suffering from asthma can take butterbur. Do not try to use butter roots because of its toxic effects. Use butterbur extract. This can be used for asthma medication.
• Chew the grapes which are soaked in milk overnight. One of the very effective home remedies for Asthma attack.
• Chewing fennel helps removing mucous from the chest.
• Boil some pomegranate and two raisins in 250ml of milk. Intake of this milk twice a day helps in minimizing asthma.
• Honey with ginger juice is one of oldest remedy to treat all problems related with asthma.
• Gingko biloba is one of those effective herbs to treat asthma. It not only regulates the flow of blood but also a good antihistamine.
• Stinging nettle is also one of those herbs. It is also an effective antihistamine and opens the air passages. Thus a good medication can be done by using herbs.
It is highly recommended to research your problem so that you can find the best treatment for yourself. Then go for these home remedies for asthma attack. Though, they do not cause any side effect.