Wheezing is common symptom of Asthma that can be cured by adopting some tips and home remedies for Asthma Wheezing natural treatment. It is a whistling sound produced during breathing, when there is constriction in airways, whether due to Asthma or other respiratory infections.
Asthma attacks are mostly triggered by allergies, irritants, upper respiratory infections like Cold, Flu, Sinusitis etc, cigarette smoke, strong perfumes, excessive exercise (especially in cold weather), emotional stress, certain medications like blood pressure medications, anti inflammatory medicines and other such factors.
Apart from wheezing, other symptoms of Asthma include coughing, shortness of breath, tightness in chest muscles, fatigue, cold feet and other such issues. Wheezing usually occurs while breathing out but it may happen during inhalation as well. Given below are some common Asthma Wheezing home remedies that can help a great deal in dealing with this problem.
Natural Home Remedies for Asthma Wheezing
• Herbal teas are considered as efficient natural home remedies for Asthma Wheezing. Licorice tea, in particular is quite beneficial in getting rid of this problem. Consumption of ginger tea or green tea is also helpful.
• Having a garlic clove along with a teaspoon of honey is another Asthma Wheezing home treatment that is popularly used to heal this problem. Follow this simple therapy two times in a day. You can also boil ten garlic cloves in a cup of milk and then consume it during night time.
• Steam inhalation serves as an excellent Asthma Wheezing home remedy because it helps clear up congestion causing obstruction in airways. Placing a warm towel on chest and shoulders every half an hour helps relax cough accompanied by wheezing.
• Add a teaspoon each of mullien leaves, chamomile flowers, passionflower leaves and echinacea root in a quart of boiling water. Consume this herbal solution to improve breathing.
• Applying a combination of half a teaspoon of asafetida and a pinch of camphor in a quarter cup is one of the most effective natural home remedies for Asthma Wheezing.
Rub this therapeutic mixture on chest and back about two times in a day. Combination of mustard oil and camphor can also be used for this purpose. Besides, application of turmeric paste on chest is a tried and tested natural way to relieve Asthma Wheezing.
• Taking a mixture of one tablespoon of honey and half tablespoon of cinnamon powder is useful in controlling Asthma Wheezing. Honey can also be taken along with ginger juice to reduce the problem.
• Another natural cure for Asthma Wheezing is to drink mustard tea having honey and a quarter teaspoon each of ground mustard seeds and black pepper. Consume this tea 2-3 times in a day.
• Add half a teaspoon of gated ginger, one teaspoon of cumin seeds and a pinch of nutmeg powder in a glass of water and boil the solution. Drinking this warm solution is one of the best natural remedies for Asthma Wheezing.
• Drinking a glass of warm milk mixed with a teaspoon of turmeric powder is highly beneficial in the home treatment of Asthma Wheezing.
When dealing with Asthma Wheezing, it is suggested that you drink sufficient water and consume smooth warm broths. Simply sipping hot water is also beneficial in reducing this problem. You can also have vegetable juices mixed with some garlic juice.
Consume a teaspoon of lemon juice mixed in water before or after meals. Intake of vitamin C rich fruits and vegetables, and Indian gooseberry juice is also helpful.
In addition, include ginger, onion, garlic, asparagus, cabbage, turnip in the diet, eat magnesium rich foods like legumes, pulses, milk, tofu, yogurt, almonds, cashew nuts etc and follow the natural home remedies for Asthma Wheezing to provide relief.