Opting for natural treatment consisting home remedies for Cold and Flu is a wise decision when dealing with these common ailments. Both the problems are caused by respiratory viral infections but symptoms of Flu tend to be more severe than that of Cold.
Cold and Flu viruses can enter the body through mucus membranes of nose, eyes or mouth and give rise to symptoms like headache, fever, sore throat, congestion, stuff/runny nose, cough, muscle ache, fatigue and other similar problems.
There are various over the counter medicines available to heal these problems but they mostly provide temporary relief in exchange for undesirable side effects when used for a long time.
Therefore, it is better to rely on safe and natural home remedies for Cold and Flu right from the beginning to cure your condition and avoid worsening of symptoms.
Natural Home Remedies for Cold and Flu
• Take equal proportions of cinnamon, sage and bay leaves. Steep them in water and then strain the solution. Finally, add a tablespoon of lemon juice and some honey in it. Drinking this therapeutic tea is one of the most efficient Cold and Flu home remedies.
• Drinking Echinacea tea is also beneficial in reducing Cold and Flu. Alternatively, you can mix about 15-20 drops of Echinacea tincture in warm water. It helps the body produce chemicals that fight infections and boosts the immune system.
• Taking a combination of one tablespoon of warm honey and a quarter teaspoon of cinnamon powder is useful in improving the immune system and fighting the infection.
• Solutions like salt water solution or warm water mixed with a drop of tea tree oil and lemon juice serve as excellent natural home remedies for Cold and Flu. You just have to gargle with these lukewarm solutions few times in a day.
• Mix 5-6 chopped garlic cloves and a little bit of cayenne pepper in half a cup of honey and leave the mixture for about an hour. Finally, have one teaspoon of this mixture on a regular basis to get rid of Cold and Flu.
• Inhaling fumes of warm water mixed with a few drops of eucalyptus oil, peppermint oil, lavender oil and thyme oil is one of the most valuable natural home remedies for Cold and Flu. It helps loosen thick mucus.
• Boil a glass of water mixed with one teaspoon of cumin seeds for a few minutes. Next, strain and cool the mixture. Finally, drink the solution several times in a day. You can also add ginger and honey in it. This therapy is also useful in relieving common digestive problems. You can also have black cumin nutritional supplements.
• Boiling a cup of water mixed with honey, ginger and lemon juice and then drinking this solution is another widely used Cold and Flu natural remedy. Besides, elderberry tea mixed with honey and lemon juice is helps relieve fever and clears upper respiratory infection.
• Astragalus herb is considered as a highly beneficial natural cure for Cold and Flu home treatment. It can be taken in the form of tea, extract or pills. It can be taken in combination with ginseng and licorice as well.
Astragalus is also helpful in the treatment of swine flu. Nonetheless, pregnant and nursing women, and individuals on blood thinning medications should avoid taking this home remedy.
• Another natural way to heal Cold and Flu is to consume a decoction prepared from sunflower seeds. To prepare this mixture, boil five cups of water mixed with half a cup of sunflower seeds.
When the solution reduces to almost two cups then add two cups of honey and one cup of gin in it. Finally, take two teaspoons of this solution three times in a day, before having meals.
• Fresh fruit and vegetable juices like that of apple, pears, dark grapes, cranberry, red beet, carrot etc facilitate the process of healing. Besides, restrict the consumption of refined and sugary foods. Plus, include more Vitamin C and zinc in the diet.
• Prepare a mixture by adding a few drops of eucalyptus oil and peppermint oil in olive oil. Rub the resultant mixture on chest to relieve congestion Cold and Flu related congestion.
Use these natural home remedies for Cold and Flu home treatment and follow some useful tips like blowing your nose often instead of sniffing the mucus back, taking adequate rest, staying away from alcoholic beverages and drinking lots of warm liquids and fresh juices. In addition, wash your hands frequently to remove germs from skin.
dr.devraj singh yadav says
i read your remadies topic i think it is very useful but if natural+allopath (very less amount) more effectiv