If you are troubled by herpes infection and want some simple cures for the problem then you can rely on natural home remedies for Cold Sores and Fever Blisters to provide relief and promote the process of healing.
Cold Sores and Fever Blisters are blisters that mostly appear on areas like lips, cheeks, chin, nostrils etc. These herpes induced blisters are often confused with Canker Sores. However, the basic difference between the two is that Cold Sores appear outside the mouth whereas Canker Sores appear inside the mouth.
Nonetheless, at times Cold Sores or Fever Blisters can occur inside the mouth on areas like gums and roof of mouth as small blisters that tend to heal soon.
You are likely to feel sensation of heat tingling or itching about a day before a Cold Sore actually appears. These fluid filled blisters are caused by oral herpes because of herpes simplex virus type 1 infection which is highly contagious.
Moreover, factors like stress, hormonal changes, menstruation and sun exposure increase the chances of developing Fever Blisters and Cold Sores. As this is a very common problem, there exist a variety of home remedies for Cold Sores and Fever Blisters natural treatment.
Natural Home Remedies for Cold Sores and Fever Blisters
• Applying mint extract on the affected area is a simple yet effective natural cure for Cold Sores and Fever Blisters.
• Drinking several cups of sage tea, preferably mixed with a teaspoon of ginger powder is one of the most successful Cold Sores and Fever Blisters home remedies.
• Mix tea tree oil and olive oil in equal parts to form a mixture. Apply this mixture to get rid of Cold Sores and Fever Blisters. Follow this therapy about two or three times in a day.
• Combination of grapefruit seed extract and olive oil also serves as a good home remedy for Cold Sores and Fever Blisters treatment.
• Applying warm, moist tea bags is highly beneficial in reducing the pain and inflammation associated with the condition. Follow this procedure for about 10-15 minutes, 2-3 times in a day. Preferably, use black or green tea bags. Ice packs are also helpful in this regard.
• Aloe vera juice/gel, lemon balm extract, witch hazel, olive leaf extract, St John’s wort, oil of oregano and other similar items serve as excellent herbal home remedies for Cold Sores and Fever Blisters.
• Applying apple cider vinegar and drinking a glass of water mixed with two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar is considered useful in healing this problem. Besides, it also helps in detoxification.
• Application of green clay mask is valuable in soothing and curing Cold Sores or Fever Blisters naturally at home.
• Prepare a mixture by mixing baking soda and a bit of water, just enough to form a paste. Apply this Fever Blisters and Cold Sores natural remedy to dry out and eventually remove these blisters.
• Mix equal parts of calendula, burdock, oats, lomatium and echinacea tinctures. Next, consume half a teaspoon of this solution about 4-5 times in a day to strengthen the immune system and fight the infection.
• Home treatment for Cold Sores and Fever Blisters also includes application of cold raw milk (whole milk not skimmed) on the affected area. In addition, include plain yogurt in your diet. You can also have acidophilus capsules.
Natural home remedies for Cold Sores and Fever Blisters work best when the treatment is started as soon as first signs of tingling and heat sensation are experienced. These blisters usually heal within two weeks. As far as possible, do not touch or pop the blisters.
Hi, I heard applying toothpast helps. Guess it works because most toothpastes contain mint or menthol in this or that form, which reduce inflammation.