What is Colon Cleanse?
Colon cleansing is a process of detoxification used to remove toxins from the gastrointestinal tract using enema colon cleanse procedure or through oral dietary regimes consisting of herbs, laxatives, dietary fibers etc.
It is believed that an effective colon cleanse can help relieve constipation, aid in weight loss and facilitate good health. Nonetheless, it is also believed that colon has the ability to clean itself naturally and hence relentlessly relying on colon therapy for detoxification is not necessary.
There has been little research in this regard. Thus, experts neither encourage nor discourage the procedure completely. There are various home remedies for Colon Cleanse natural treatment consisting of natural elements and herbs that can be adopted for undergoing this procedure. It is usually suggested to follow proper Colon Cleanse for about three to four weeks for encouraging results.
Causes of Colon Cleanse
Colon Cleanse, also known as Intestinal Cleanse or Intestinal Therapy is generally done to remove toxic waste from the large intestine. The procedure is done carried out when dealing with issues such as colon sluggishness, colon dysfunction, poor digestion, constipation, liver problems etc.
Moreover, colon cleansing helps remove the buildup of mucoid plaque thereby reducing ailments like heartburn, bloating, body odor, fungal infections, excess mucus, sinusitis, arthritis, fatigue and anxiety.
It is also believed to improve metabolism and facilitate weight loss. Nonetheless, regular Colon Cleanse to cure Constipation is not suggested because it may lead to over dependence on the procedure and interfere with the normal bowel function.
Continued use of enemas is often associated with an increased risk of kidney damage. Besides, Colon Cleansing may also be required for certain tests like colonoscopy, before and during bowel surgeries, drug withdrawal and so on.
Healing problems with the help of colon irrigation therapy is usually not suggested in case of individuals suffering from tumors in the rectum or colon, internal hemorrhoids, Crohn’s disease, Diverticulitis, Ulcerative Colitis, Heart Disease, Kidney Disease and other such problems.
Natural Home Remedies for Colon Cleanse
• Consuming herbal laxative tea containing senna, ginger, fennel, anise, licorice etc is a valuable Colon Cleanse natural cure for Constipation. In addition, items like milk thistle, barberry, flax seeds, aloe leaf, balmony also serve as excellent Colon Cleanse home remedies.
• Having a mixture of two teaspoons of sea salt in two quarts of lukewarm water is a common way used to flush out toxins. Be prepared to make a lot of visits to the bathroom when following this natural remedy to cleanse colon.
• Apart from dietary supplements, edible volcanic ash (bentonite clay) and psyllium husk are the most popular home remedies for Colon Cleanse. The former helps improve digestion and stimulate the function of liver. Psyllium husk is an indigestible fiber that draws out toxins from the body and binds with fat.
You can prepare a simple home remedy with these ingredients by adding one teaspoon of liquid volcanic ash and a teaspoon of psyllium husk in a glass of water or juice and drinking this solution about once or twice in a day for a few weeks.
• Taking decoctions prepared from leaves of holy basil, margosa and mint about once a week is highly beneficial in cleansing the colon.
• Having a combination of juice squeezed from a lemon, some honey and a pinch of sea salt in a glass of water first thing in the morning works as a good natural Colon Cleanse.
• Another effective Colon Cleanse recipe is to mix two tablespoons of lemon juice, two tablespoons of maple syrup and a pinch of cayenne pepper in a glass of water. Consume this solution about six or seven times in a day without eating anything else throughout the day.
• Home remedies for Colon Cleanse also include enemas, for instance coffee enema.
Diet for Colon Cleanse
Natural home remedies for Colon Cleanse should also be supported with proper dietary measures, like having lots of nutritious fruits, vegetables such as cabbage, carrot, radish, beetroot, beans, celery, papaya, banana, apple, strawberry and probiotic foods like yogurt.
Adding more fennel, onion, garlic, cinnamon, cloves in foods is also beneficial. It is recommended to drink adequate amount of water so as to avoid dehydration because colon cleansing procedure tends to increase the risk of dehydration. Lukewarm water can be consumed throughout the day to regulate the pH balance of the body and improve metabolism.
In addition, include more fiber-rich foods in the diet like cereals, whole grain products, bran, oatmeal etc. While following Colon Cleanse home treatment, caffeine, tobacco, alcohol, refined sugars, products prepared from white flour and other similar items should be avoided as far as possible in order to reduce toxin load.
Fasting on diluted juices, vegetable broths, liquids and other cleansing drinks, preferably for three days at a stretch also facilitates the elimination of toxins from the colon, liver and kidneys.