What is Cystitis?
Cystitis is a type of urinary tract infection which leads to the inflammation of the bladder involved in it. The infection and irritation become worse when the disease spreads to the kidneys as well. As women have a shorter urethra as compared to men, they are more prone to develop this type of infection. Pregnant, post menopausal and sexually active women are the common victims of this disease.
As for men, the ones suffering from prostrate enlargement are likely to develop this problem. Usually, antibiotics are used in the treatment of this infection. At times, surgeries are also performed. Unfortunately, only few people are aware of the benefits of the natural home remedies for Cystitis which in fact is a much safer option.
Causes and Symptoms of Cystitis
The most common reason behind Cystitis is bacterial infection. Other factors include medicines like antidepressants and the ones administered during chemotherapy, prolonged use of catheter and hypersensitivity or allergic reactions to chemicals used in spermicidal jellies and feminine hygiene sprays. Hormonal changes during pregnancy may lead to infections resulting in Cystitis.
Diseases and disorders like Endometriosis, Gynecologic Cancers, Kidney Stones, Diverticulitis, Pelvic Inflammatory Disorders, Crohn’s Disease, Lupus and Tuberculosis may enhance the risks of developing this disease. Radiation treatment of the pelvic area is known to cause inflammatory changes in the tissues of the bladder.
The typical symptoms of Cystitis are pain or a burning sensation while passing the urine and frequent urge to pass urine nut in small amounts. It may be accompanied by pressure and discomfort in the lower abdomen and pelvic area, low fever, occasional blood in urine and dark, cloudy or pungent-smelling urine.
Natural Home Remedies for Cystitis
• Take one cup of boiling water, add one teaspoon of fresh parsley in it and boil for about 15 minutes. Strain and drink this tea many times in a day. It can also be sweetened to make it easy to drink. This is one of the most effective natural home remedies for Cystitis.
• Drinking cranberry juice on a regular basis is undoubtedly the most popular natural home remedy for this disease.
• Take one cup of cucumber juice, one teaspoon of honey and one tablespoon of fresh lime juice. Add the ingredients and drink the resultant juice three times a day. The therapeutic properties of this juice are considered good for the treatment of the infection causing this disease.
• Regularly drinking one cup of radish juice in the morning is one of the most highly beneficial home remedies for Cystitis if continued till at least 15 days at a stretch without fail.
• Extract the juice from drumstick flowers and mix approximately one teaspoon of this juice with half a cup of coconut water. Drinking this mixture two times a day on a daily basis is one of the most valuable natural home remedies for Cystitis.
• Another simple natural remedy with coconut water involves mixing 100 ml of coconut water with an equal amount of spinach juice.
• Sandalwood oil is a tried and tested home remedy used in the treatment of Cystitis. The treatment should begin with 5 drops of the oil and then slowly increasing the dosage to about 10 and then 30 drops.
• Take half glass of barley gruel, half glass of buttermilk and half lime juice. Mix the ingredients and drink the resultant mixture two times per day to cure the disease naturally.
• Prepare a decoction by adding 100 gm of lady’s fingers in 200 ml of water. Taking this decoction two times a day on a regular basis is one of the oldest yet effective home remedies for Cystitis.
• Consuming banana bark serves as a good natural home remedy to heal the problem.
• Prepare an infusion from one teaspoon of birch leaves, one teaspoon of hydrangea and an equal amount of dandelion. Add all these therapeutic herbs in boiling water and boil for about a minute and strain it. Drinking two cups of this daily is regarded as an excellent natural cure.
• Goldenseal extract and Uva ursi can also be used to cure Cystitis but Goldenseal extract should not be taken for more than 3 days at a stretch.
• Take 200 ml of boiling water and add about one teaspoon of lemon juice in it. After boiling, let it cool for some time. Taking 50 ml of this solution every 2 hours from morning to noon is particularly helpful in providing relief from the burning sensation and to some extent helps to reduce the problem of blood in urine.
Diet for Cystitis
The diet for healing the infection and getting rid of Cystitis should include plenty of vegetable and fruit juices. Carrot juice, onion juice, watermelon juice and pomegranate juice are highly beneficial in this regard. Consuming yogurt on a regular basis is a highly recommended remdy to prevent the occurrence of this disease. The patient should make it a point to eat cabbage and garlic on a regular basis to promote faster recovery.
Blueberries should be positively included in the diet to facilitate quick healing. They have similar therapeutic properties as cranberry juice and should be frequently used to replace cranberry juice because excessive consumption of cranberry juice may trigger bleeding. Consuming dry and solid foods can affect the problem adversely.
It would be better to stay away from refined flours, fatty foods and carbohydrates if no further complications are desired. Caffeinated beverages, alcohol, chocolates and spices are also best avoided. Drinking adequate amount of water helps to flush out bacteria and dilutes the urine to make it less stingy.
Leave a Reply