What is Defective Vision?
As the name suggests, Defective Vision refers to a condition in which the vision becomes defective or blurred. It is an eye related problem. Defective vision can be due to Myopia, or due to Hyperopia. Myopia, also known as, Short sightedness is characterized by a blurred vision which leads to an inability to see farther objects. On the other hand, Hyperopia is characterized by blurred vision resulting in an inability to see nearer objects.
Night blindness and color blindness are some other forms of defects in vision. In color blindness, the affected individual is rendered unable to perceive certain colors. In most of the case, the individuals are color blind to red and green colors. In terms of far sightedness and near sightedness, the vision can be corrected by using lenses. Apart from this, a number of natural home remedies for Defective Vision have been in use since time immemorial.
Causes and Symptoms of Defective Vision
Reading in dim or glaring light, reading in moving vehicles, excessive television watching (especially close to the screen), excessive reading, improper blood and nerve supply, deficiency of essential nutrients and minerals, mental and physical strain and other related factors may eventually result in Defective Vision. Contrary to the common belief, Myopia is not caused by hereditary factors. Though, hereditary factors play an important role in causing Hyperopia and Color Blindness.
The onset of most of the Defects of eye is characterized by a blurred vision and watering of the eyes when they are strained. Symptoms like itchiness, heaviness and redness in the eyes are also experienced after the onset of the problem. At times, the symptoms may also be accompanied by mild headaches.
Natural Home Remedies for Defective Vision
• Carrot juice with its therapeutic properties is one of the most highly recommended home remedies for Defective Vision related ailments.
• Soak about 3 or 4 almonds in water overnight. In the morning, remove the outer skin of the almonds and chew the kernels to naturally heal this problem.
• Prepare a mixture by adding a quarter teaspoon of clarified butter, half a teaspoon of honey and half a teaspoon of liquorice root powder. Having this mixture with a glass of milk early in the morning on an empty stomach is one of the most successful natural home remedies for Defective Vision. When taken this mixture two times in a day, it shows encouraging results in improving the vision.
• In 500 ml of chicory juice, add approximately 150 ml of celery juice, 200 ml of carrot juices, 75 ml of endives juice and 75 ml of parsley juice. Drinking this resultant juice on a regular basis is one of the best home remedies for Defective Vision.
• Add about 30 grams of Triphala in approximately 500 ml of water. Drinking this solution serves as a valuable home remedy to cure Myopia, Hyperopia and other Defective Vision ailments. Alternatively, this solution can also be used to wash the eyes in order to get rid of this ailment.
• Putting a few drops of rose water in the eyes has a soothing effect on eyes and relieves the strain causing Defective vision.
• Simple neck exercises and activities like splashing, swinging, sun gazing, palming etc are some of the most popular natural remedies used in the treatment and prevention of Defective Vision.
• Therapeutic herbs like goldenseal, eyebright and bilberry are excellent natural home remedies for Defective Vision treatment.
• Sprouts and pulses high in proteins should be consumed on a regular basis to reduce the problem of Defective Vision as naturally as possible.
Diet for Defective Vision
When dealing with Defective Vision, the affected individual should definitely include foods rich in vitamin A in the regular diet. Yellow fruits and green leafy vegetables such as lettuce, raw spinach, carrots, turnip tops, green peas, soya beans, milk cream, cheese, butter, oranges, tomatoes, lettuce, cabbage, dates, soya beans, fresh milk and other such products are rich sources of vitamin A.
Intake of raw fruits and vegetables should be encouraged because cooking tends to destroy essential nutrients like vitamin C, vitamin B complex and so on. Fruits such as peaches, apples, plums, grapes, and cherries are highly beneficial in this regard. Dairy products are good sources of proteins and hence are regarded as effective natural remdies for eye problems. The key to cure Defective vision lies in strengthening eye muscles. This result can be achieved by following certain eye exercises under the guidance of an expert.
In order to maintain a healthy diet, the affected individual should definitely stay away from the consumption of tea, coffee, alcohol and aerated drinks. Cigarette smoking is also harmful in the proper upkeep of a healthy body. In addition to this, avoid the intake of refined sugars and processed foods, especially the ones with white flour and preservatives. The consumption of meats and eggs should also be restricted.
Mary Johnson says
I was born short sighted and my both have developed cataract what do I do and I don’t want an eye surgery.
sneha jha says
remedies are really good .