What is Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile Dysfunction is a type of sexual dysfunction that is considered as one of the most common causes of sexual impotence in males. It is characterized by a consistent inability to get or sustain an erection sufficient for sexual intercourse.
Though, Erectile Dysfunction can take place at any age, still older males above the age of 65 are more likely to develop this problem. The severity of the disease usually varies from one individual to another.
Treatment of Erectile Dysfunction involves the use of various types of conventional medicines, vacuum devices, psychosexual therapies and a number of herbal home remedies for Erectile Dysfunction.
Causes and Symptoms of Erectile Dysfunction
Erectile Dysfunction is a vascular disease that can be caused by several other vascular or circulation related diseases. Some such diseases that may contribute in causing Erectile Dysfunction are Diabetes, Hypertension, Coronary Heart Diseases and other related diseases.
Certain neurological factors like neurological disorders, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, trauma to the pelvic area, spinal cord or brain injuries, prostate surgeries etc may also cause the same.
Apart from these certain other diseases such as hormone disorders, kidney diseases, atherosclerosis and side effects of certain medicines (for instance, antidepressants, appetite suppressers, blood pressure medicines etc) may also be held responsible for causing Erectile Dysfunction.
Moreover, psychological problems like Stress, Depression, Anxiety and other related issues are also some of the commonly known factors resulting in this disease. Aging and lifestyle factors like engaging in the habit of Alcoholism, smoking or tobacco abuse tend to increase the risk of developing this disease.
The main symptom of Erectile Dysfunction is a consistent inability to develop or sustain adequate erection sufficient for sexual activity.
Natural Home Remedies for Erectile Dysfunction
• Herbs like She Chuang Zi, Palmetto, Tribulus Terristris, Damiana etc are excellent natural home remedies for Erectile Dysfunction.
She Chuang Zi (Cnidium Monnier), in particular is highly beneficial in the natural treatment of Erectile Dysfunction as it helps to relax muscles, increases blood flow and increases the level of hormones thereby improving erection and preventing premature ejaculation.
• Asian Ginseng and Ginko Biloba are also popular Erectile Dysfunction natural remedies. These herbs cure Erectile Dysfunction by increasing metabolism and relieving psychological problems like depression and anxiety.
• Prepare a mixture by mixing walnuts and honey in equal proportions. Consume this mixture thrice a day half an hour after having meals and drink a glass of milk right after having this therapeutic home remedy. Continue this remdial home treatment for about one month to heal this problem naturally at home.
• Seeds of Xanthoparmelia Scabrosa are considered one of the most effective Erectile Dysfunction home remedies as this herb helps to increase and sustain erection.
• Add two teaspoons of grounded carrots in a glass of milk and boil this mixture for about 10 minutes. Finally, take about 100 ml of the resultant mixture three times per day for about one week. This is one of the simplest and equally effective natural home remedies for Erectile Dysfunction natural treatment.
• Chickweed, safflower and plantain serve as highly beneficial natural cures for Erectile Dysfunction by improving hormonal imbalance.
• Nowadays, Acupuncture therapy is also gaining popularity as a successful natural remedy for this disease.
Diet for Erectile Dysfunction
The diet for dealing with Erectile Dysfunction should focus on the inclusion of foods rich in fiber, zinc, vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin E.
Papaya, watermelon, ginger, onion, garlic, coconut water, spinach, carrots and a variety of other fruits and vegetables are highly recommended in this regard. Besides, restrict the consumption of foods high in carbohydrates.
Foods with high amounts of sodium and sugar should also be avoided as much as possible. Needless to add, quit unhealthy habits such as smoking, alcoholism and tobacco abuse. Instead, adopt healthy habits like drinking adequate amount of water throughout the day and engaging in regular physical activities.
Yoga and aromatherapy are also considered beneficial in maintaining a healthy mind and body. These natural therapies help in relaxing the mind and help in curing Erectile Dysfunction caused by tension and stress.