What are Face Rashes?
Face Rashes appear as reddish or pinkish raised rashes on the face that often become a source of embarrassment as they tend to be ugly to look at. Some common types of Face Rashes include Acne, Rosacea, Contact Dermatitis, Seborrheic Dermatitis, Facial Psoriasis etc.
The most common cause of developing rashes on face is dry skin that is more sensitive to sun exposure and harsh weather conditions. Apart from this, there are various other causes.
Thus, when dealing with Face Rashes, you should first try to determine the exact reason behind the occurrence of such rashes. This can help a great deal in choosing appropriate curative procedure.
As this is a fairly common problem, there exist numerous home remedies for Face Rashes natural treatment. At times, facial rashes heal by themselves within a few days. Therefore, avoid concealing them recklessly with makeup lest you want to make them worse and push the healing time further.
Causes and Symptoms of Face Rashes
As already mentioned, Face Rashes are more common in individuals having dry skin. Besides, they can be caused by allergic reactions due to food, medicine, jewelery etc, bacterial, fungal or viral infections, use of certain cosmetic products, climatic and environmental factors and other such causes.
Children are more susceptible to rashes on face caused by bacterial or viral infections like Measles, Chicken Pox, Impetigo and so on and so forth. Moreover, Face Rashes also include problems like Insect Bites, Acne, Eczema, Razor Bumps, Seborrheic Dermatitis, Facial Psoriasis etc.
Systematic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE), an autoimmune disease, can give rise to butterfly type rashes on the nose and cheeks. The disease as well as rashes caused by it should not be ignored at all.
Face Rashes are characterized by redness and inflammation. Additional symptoms include skin irritation, itching or scaling. The rashes may also be accompanied by fever, fatigue, muscle ache and other similar symptoms when caused by serious conditions.
Natural Home Remedies for Face Rashes
• Aloe vera gel, olive oil, cod liver oil, vitamin E oil etc serve as excellent natural home remedies for Face Rashes home treatment. Use any of these natural remedies on a regular basis to get rid of the problem. These oils are also good various other skin ailments.
• Placing cold compresses on the affected area is another popular home remedy for Face Rashes as it helps relieve itching and inflammation. A paste prepared by mixing baking soda and water is also useful in reducing itching related to such rashes.
• Cooking a cup of oatmeal in some water and applying it on the face for about 10 minutes after the mixture cools is on of the most valuable natural home remedies for Face Rashes.
• Applying evening primrose oil on the face for 20 minutes and then washing it off is a highly beneficial natural cure for Face Rashes. Follow this therapy about thrice a week.
• Applying papaya juice can also help reduce this problem. A combination of cucumber and tomato pulp is also beneficial in this regard.
• Face Rashes due to Eczema can be cured using a mixture of sandalwood paste and camphor on the affected area.
• Take a cup of dandelion flowers and add them in two cups of boiling water. Strain the mixture after an hour and apply for approximately half an hour. Finally, wash the face. Following this procedure two times in a week is one of the most effective Face Rashes home remedies.
• Similarly, chamomile leaves can also be steeped in boiling water for about five minutes and then strained and cooled to prepare a Face Rash herbal remedy. The application of this mixture is helpful in reducing rashes on face.
• Certain Face Rashes leave behind scar marks after healing. To avoid this, apply a combination of ground nutmeg and raw milk for almost two hours and then rinse with lukewarm water to prevent scars.
• When dealing with Face Rashes, do not wash the face excessively, avoid scrubbing vigorously, avoid direct sunlight, use mild soaps and expose the skin to fresh air to avoid aggravation.
Diet for Face Rashes
Apart from the natural home remedies for Face Rashes, you should also pay attention to your to diet so as to facilitate the process of healing.
Thus, it is recommended to include judicious amounts of vitamin C, vitamin E and zinc rich foods in the diet to reduce rashes on skin. Eat oranges, strawberries, tomatoes, carrots, legumes, sprouts, spinach, almonds etc. Consumption of papaya juice is also beneficial.