What is Fatigue?
Fatigue is quite a common problem characterized by exhaustion and tiredness that can be caused by physical or psychological stress. In addition, certain diseases and illnesses are often accompanied by Fatigue as a symptom.
Fatigue due to emotional stress results in issues like lack of motivation and concentration while Fatigue due to physical stress leads to weariness and lack of energy.
The condition can be cured with the help of a number of natural home remedies for Fatigue along with proper rest and relaxation. Moreover, good diet, proper lifestyle and moderate amount of regular exercise can help avoid Fatigue to a great extent.
Causes of Fatigue
Apart from general physical exertion or psychological stress, Fatigue can be caused by problems like Diabetes, Anemia, Anorexiaa, Obesity, Thyroid Disorder, Infection (Hepatitis, Tuberculosis, Mononucleosis, HIV, Allergy etc), Dehydration, Hormonal Imbalance, High or Low Blood Sugar, Depression, Anxiety, Cancer and numerous other diseases.
Moreover, a number of digestive disorders, neurological disorders, and heart and lung disease tend to cause this problem eventually as a non specific symptom. In addition, prolonged intake of blood pressure medications, beta blockers, diuretics, antidepressants and certain other drugs can cause Fatigue.
In case of women, issues like Premenstrual Syndrome, Menopause and Pregnancy may also give rise to Fatigue. Besides, excessive or lack of sleep, poor diet, vitamin deficiencies and other lifestyle factors contribute in causing this problem.
When severe chronic fatigue persists for more than six months in the absence of any other disease or illness, the condition is considered as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. It often starts with flu-like symptoms.
Symptoms of Fatigue
Feeling tired even after taking rest, lethargy, headache, difficulty lack of concentration, unexplained muscle pain, and a variety of common, non specific problems are considered as symptoms of Fatigue.
Symptoms of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome may also include problems such as bloating, dizziness, dry mouth, blurred vision, chest pain, irregular heartbeat, chronic cough, nausea, night sweats, difficulty breathing, sudden weight gain/loss etc.
Natural Home Remedies for Fatigue
• Consumption of raw vegetable juices, especially carrot juice is one of the simplest natural home remedies for Fatigue. Carrot juice (300 ml) can also be taken in combination with beet juice (100 ml) and cucumber juice (100 ml) to get rid of this problem over a period of time.
• Intake of oat seeds is considered as a highly beneficial natural remedy for Fatigue home treatment because oats help ease heart palpitations, improve concentration and provide relief from exhaustion.
• Being rich in potassium, dates are also considered good for controlling Fatigue due to electrolyte imbalance in the body.
To prepare this home remedy, soak about 5-7 dates in half a cup of water overnight. In the morning, remove the seeds and crush dates in the water in which they were soaked. Finally, consume the mixture so obtained at least two times in a week. Fruits such as bananas and avocadoes are also useful in this regard.
• Drinking a combination of grapefruit juice and lemon juice, mixed in equal parts, is a valuable natural cure for Fatigue experienced due to general tiredness.
• Herbs like Echinacea, goldenseal, licorice, olive leaf extract, valerian, Siberian ginseng etc are regarded as valuable natural home remedies for Fatigue by strengthening the immune system and helping the body fight infections.
Siberian ginseng with its strong antioxidant properties helps improve mental alertness and valerian promotes sound sleep. Chamomile, lavender, peppermint, basil, rosemary etc serve as excellent mental Fatigue home remedies.
• When dealing with Fatigue, alternative therapies like yoga, acupuncture, aromatherapy etc are considered quite useful in healing this problem. Stress reduction techniques like meditation help cure Fatigue caused by mental stress.
Diet for Fatigue
Diet consisting of a variety of fresh fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds and whole grains is highly beneficial in reducing and avoiding Fatigue. Therefore, include green leafy vegetables, potatoes, legumes, oranges, apples, brazil nuts, almonds, walnuts, sesame seeds, milk etc.
The diet should aim at including judicious amounts of foods containing sufficient vitamins, minerals and essential amino acids. In case of Fatigue caused by nutritional deficiencies, natural vitamin and mineral supplements may also be required.
In addition, reduce the consumption of foods high in sugars and simple carbohydrates, for instance cakes, pastries, cookies, candies etc. Restrict the consumption of alcoholic and caffeinated beverages. Instead, drink adequate amount of water at regular intervals to stay hydrated.
Apart from following the above mentioned dietary measures and home remedies for Fatigue natural treatment, try to exercise moderately, adopt good sleeping habits and manage and avoid stress to get rid of this problem.
Leave a Reply