There is a famous saying “The beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder”; many times we become this beholder for ourselves. We must admit that we are our best critic. Hair attributes a lot to our looks; also it is a reflection of our internal health.
What is Frizzy Hair?
Wavy hair that gets unmanageable, especially in hot and humid weather due to an insufficient amount of water and moisture in the hair.
The outer layer of the hair, i.e. the cuticle layer gets roughened making the hair more porous, and hence it starts absorbing the extra moisture in the air which causes the air shaft to over expand, cuticle layers to stand out and fizz.
Frizzy hair is dry, dull and lifeless hair irrespective of the type of hair, i.e. curly or straight. Contrary to the popular belief, not only curly hair but even the straight hair gets frizzy.
Causes of Frizzy Hair
Some people are born with frizzy hair and some unknowingly increase their chances of making their hair frizzy. Some of the underlying causes of frizzy hair include
• Coarse texture
• Curly hair
• Lack of moisture
• Not enough protein in the hair
• Coloring, perming and bleaching the hair
• Humid weather conditions
• Over styling
• Strong winds
• Overexposure to the sun
• Some products that have high alcohol content (hairsprays, gels, mousses) will worsen the problem.
• Overuse of heat appliances (blow-dryers and curling irons)
• Poor diet
Symptoms of Frizzy Hair
Frizzy hair is itself a symptom. You can judge whether your hair is slowly becoming frizzy mere by looking at your hair. Before the hair actually starts becoming frizzy you will notice that thinning of your hair has started. It’s when your hair looks as if you have entered a wild tunnel.
Natural Home Remedies for Frizzy Hair
Follow these home remedies for frizzy hair
- • Massaging your scalp with warm olive oil for 30 minutes helps in reducing the frizzes of your hair.
- • Prepare a mixture of a raw egg with 1/4 cup olive oil and 1/4 cup real mayonnaise and apply this even on your scalp and hair for 30 minutes. Being one of the best home remedies for frizzy hair it will help infuse your hair with protein, giving a richer, healthier appearance.
- • You can smoothen and flatten the cuticles of your hair by combing them with white vinegar.
- • Mash 1 banana and avocado together and use this mixture as a hair pack to heal this problem.
- • You can also use this effective home remedy for frizzy hair- add 3 tbsp coconut milk to 1 cup gram flour and apply it on your hair.
- • Whisk the yellow part of 2 eggs together until a smooth paste is formed, now apply this paste on your scalp and hair.
This video explains how using a home remedy for dry and frizzy hair involves choosing and using the right shampoo and gives expert tips and advice on natural treatments.
- • Avoid brushing and combing your hair frequently.
- • Do not overuse styling products, dyes, bleaches, and coloring agents.
- • Oil your hair regularly.
- • Protein based conditioners should be used.
- • Prefer using warm water for shampooing your hair.
- • Avoid too much exposure to sunlight and wind.
- • Avoid shampooing every day.
- • Have proper balanced diet.
Make sure that you use natural cures and home remedies for frizzy hair, as this is the best way to take care of your tresses. These therapies give excellent results when followed on a regular basis.