What are Gall Bladder Disorders?
The important gall bladder related diseases or disorders are Cholelithiasis and Cholecystitis. Generally, Cholecystitis leads to Cholelithiasis. Cholelithiasis refers to a condition in which there is the presence of Gallstones in the Gall Bladder. As the name suggest, a Gallstone is a stone-like crystal deposit that forms in the Gall Bladder. Different Gallstones are of different sized and different chemical compositions. Most of them are composed of cholesterol. The Gall Bladder stores bile salts which are required for the proper digestion of fatty acids. Women are more prone to develop Gallstones as compared to men. These disorder may be treated through surgical or on surgical methods. Fewer people are aware of the fact that natural home remedies for Gall Bladder Disorders are highly beneficial in this regard.
Cholecystitis refers to an inflammation of the Gall Bladder. This disease is also associated with Gallstones. Usually, the blockage of Cystic duct due to Gallstones leads to such an inflammation. Cystic duct is responsible for carrying the bile from the Gall Bladder. In certain rare cases, Cholecystitis developed in the absence of Galllstones. Prolonged inflammation of the Gall Bladder results in Chronic Cholecystitis. Other Gall Bladder Disorders include Gallstone Ileus, Choledocholithiasis and Cholesterolosis. In Choledocholithiasis, Gallstones prevent the bile from flowing into the first portion of the small intestine and cause problems.
Causes of Gall Bladder Disorders
Gallstones are the root cause of many Gall Bladder Disorders. Key factors causing Gallstones are Statis, that is, prolonged bile retention within the Gall Bladder, infections and excess amounts of cholesterol, calcium or bilirubin in the bile. Diseases like Diabetes, Celiac Disease, Malignant Tumors, and Pancreatitis and high levels of estrogen, insulin, or cholesterolcan tend to increase the risks of developing Gallstones. Pregnancy or the use of birth control pills slows down the activities of the Gall Bladder thereby enhancing the risks of Gallstone formation. Obesity, sudden weight loss, a high-fat and low-fiber diet, alcoholism and smoking may lead to the development of Gallstones. Gall Bladder Disorders, especially Gallstones tend to run in families.
The risks of developing Acute Cholecystitis increase manifold after major surgeries, fasting for long periods of time, serious injuries, sepsis, major burns, prolonged intravenous feedings and immune system related deficiencies. When these gallstones or even a single Gallstone blocks the entrance to the large intestine, it
causes Gallstone Ileus. Deposits of cholesterol crystals in the lining of the Gall Bladder lead to Cholesterolosis.
Symptoms of Gall Bladder Disorders
Gall Bladder Disorders are often characterized by Gallstone attacks. Such attacks are accompanied by a sharp pain beginning in the abdomen and moving to the back, chest (on the right side), or the area between the shoulders. Other symptoms include inability to digest fatty foods, uneasiness, nausea, vomiting, gas and indigestion. It may also be accompanied by low grade fever, chills and sweating. Generally, a Gallstone attack persists for a period of 1-4 hours. Gallstones are sometimes referred to as ‘silent stones’ in cases where the patients do not suffer from these symptoms. Such Gallstones do not interfere with the functioning of the gall bladder, liver, or pancreas.
Natural Home Remedies for Gall Bladder Disorders
• Mix 125 ml of dandelion juice (extracted from its stem) and 125 ml of watercress juice. Drinking this resultant juice two times a day on a regular basis is one of the oldest natural home remedies for Gall Bladder Disorders.
• Consuming pears either in the form of juice or as it is a tried and tested home remedy for healing Gall Bladder related disorders, especially Gallstones.
• Another effective natural therapy is to take 30 ml of raw and unrefined olive oil or sunflower oil on an empty stomach first thing in the morning immediately followed by 120 ml of grapefruit juice or lemon juice.
• Mix 100 ml of beet juice, 100 ml of carrot juice and the same amount of cucumber juice. Drink the resultant juice twice a day on a daily basis to achieve the best results. This is one of the most highly recommended natural home remedies for Gall Bladder Disorders and even Liver problems.
• Drinking a glass of apple juice mixed with one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar helps reduce the intense pain caused by Gallstone attacks.
• Drinking one cup of java fruit juice everyday is the simplest natural home remedy for the treatment of gallbladder problems.
• Use a decoction of approximately 30-60 ml of chicory seeds, flowers, or roots three times a day to cure the disease naturally.
• Black pepper, turmeric, asafetida, dried ginger and other such spices are efficient home remedies for Gall Bladder Disorders resulting from Gallstones.
• Taking 4 tablespoons of lemon juice daily on an empty stomach daily in the morning is an effective natural remedy for Gall Bladder Disorders. Continuing this treatment for at least one week can give excellent results.
• Use of Anise seeds serves as a good natural remedy in the treatment of Gallstones. Barberry is also beneficial for the Gall Bladder but it should be avoided during pregnancy.
Diet for Gall Bladder Disorders
First and foremost, the diet for Gall Bladder Disorders should consist of having small meals at regular intervals instead of having heavy means though less frequently. Heavy meals increase the risk of Gall Bladder Diseases. Besides, excessive consumption of refined carbohydrates, especially sugar, also lead to the same result. The patient should strictly avoid meat, eggs, processed and refined foods, alcohol and animal fats.
Studies have shown a correlation between moderate consumption of coffee and reduced risk of developing Gall Bladder Disorders. Drinking half a glass of wine acts as an effective remdy and prevents Gall Bladder related disorders. Fresh vegetables and fruits like beets, cucumbers, grapes, tomatoes, pears, shallots and apples should be positively included in the diet. Omega 3 oils like hemp or flaxseed oil are highly beneficial in the treatment as well as prevention of Gall Bladder Disorders.