What are Gallbladder Attacks?
Gallbladder Attacks are characterized by gnawing pains in the middle or upper right abdomen that tend to become worse by changing positions. Natural home remedies for Gallbladder Attacks can provide immense relief from these intermittent pains. Serious and frequent episodes can be eliminated completely through proper treatment.
These attacks are caused due to the presence of gallstones and inflammation of gallbladder. The intensity and severity of Gallbladder Attacks are variable. Still, in general, it has been observed that these episodes can last for 15 minutes to 2-3 hours or even longer.
Causes and Symptoms of Gallbladder Attacks
Gallstones that cause blockage in biliary ducts and hence increase pressure in the gallbladder give rise to Gallbladder Attacks. Acute or chronic cholecystitis, that is, inflammation of the gallbladder can also cause the same.
More often than not, the attacks are triggered by the intake of fatty foods. Therefore, having a low fat diet is one of the most important natural remedies to avoid Gallbladder Attacks as far as possible.
Symptoms of Gallbladder Attacks include issues like nausea, vomiting, gas and other signs of gastric distress, not to mention the intense gallbladder pain that tends to radiate to the back or between shoulder blades. The pain mostly occurs during night. Gallbladder inflammation can also lead to fever and chills.
Natural Home Remedies for Gallbladder Attacks
• Having a glass of apple juice (at room temperature) mixed with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar is one of the best natural home remedies for Gallbladder Attacks. Have this solution as soon as you experience the first signs of an attack.
• Consuming pear juice about two to three times in a day helps in getting rid of this problem. You can also have tea prepared by boiling rind of grapefruit for about 20 minutes in water.
• Taking dandelion tea, tincture or capsule is useful in relieving Gallbladder Attacks and disorders. You can also have raw dandelion leaves mixed in salad. It cleanses liver and gallbladder, increases bile productions and helps dissolve gallbladder stones.
Besides, a combination of 125 ml each of dandelion juice and watercress juice can be taken about two times in a day to heal the problem. Do not follow this home treatment if you are dealing with infection of the gallbladder.
• Milk thistle serves as valuable natural remedy for Gallbladder Attacks as it increases bile flow from the gallbladder and soothes gallbladder inflammation. Chicory decoction, juice or tea prepared from its flowers, seeds or roots is another useful herbal home remedy for gall bladder attack.
• Prepare herbal tea by boiling four cups of water mixed with two teaspoons of marshmallow root and one teaspoon each of peppermint and oregano grape root.
Boil for about 15 minutes, add two teaspoons of dandelion leaves and then let the solution steep for another 15 minutes after removing from heat. Drink this herbal tea a few times in a day after having meals.
• Turmeric is one of the most therapeutic natural home remedies for Gallbladder Attacks caused by infection and inflammation of the gallbladder. Moreover, other spices like black pepper, long pepper, asafetida and dried ginger are also useful in reducing the attacks.
• Regularly taking about 30 ml of olive first thing in the morning, immediately followed by 120 ml of grapefruit juice/lemon juice is quite a popular natural treatment for Gallbladder Attacks. You can also have a mixture of olive oil, honey and lemon juice 20 minutes before having a meal.
• Drinking half a glass of white wine or beer in a day helps reduce and control Gallbladder Attacks.
• Acupuncture therapy and Reflexology work as effective natural cures for Gallbladder Attacks.
• Gallbladder Attack home remedies also involve the use of hot compresses and heating pads on the abdomen to ease gallbladder pain. You can also soak a washcloth in castor oil and use it as a compress along with heating pad. Enemas can also provide relief from the pain.
Diet for Gallbladder Attacks
When dealing with Gallbladder Attacks, it is suggested that you make certain modifications in your diet to reduce the intake of saturated fats, high cholesterol foods and include more fiber rich foods in the diet.
When preparing meals, use vegetable oils like olive oil, sunflower oil or flaxseed oil instead of usual fatty oils. Moreover, include more fresh vegetables and vegetable juices like cucumber, beetroot, avocado, tomato, celery, lemon etc.
In addition, stay away from foods prepared from white flour. If you are overweight then try to reduce your weight steadily and avoid overeating. Follow these dietary measures and natural home remedies for Gallbladder Attacks to avoid the attacks and relieve gallbladder pain.