Dealing with stomach gas and bloating is quite a discomforting and unpleasant experience. Hence, application of natural home remedies for gas relief can prove to be extremely effective in getting rid of gastric problems.
Basically, gas in digestive tract is a normal by product of digestive process. Intake of foods rich in fiber and carbohydrates particularly increase gas problem.
Some such foods are baked beans, lentils, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, peaches, pears, apples, carbonated drinks, artificial sweeteners etc.
Individuals suffering from lactose intolerance, celiac disease and other such diseases giving rise to poor digestion and absorption of foods are more susceptible to gastric distress. Furthermore, the amount of air swallowed during eating or drinking also contributes in causing Gas.
Factors like anxiety, smoking, chewing gums, wearing loose fitted dentures etc tend to worsen the gastric distress. In case you experience gas symptoms more often than others then you can blame the bacteria present in large intestine for causing the embarrassing problem.
Gas is usually eliminated through belching or flatulence. The problem may also be accompanied by bloating and stomach ache. So, to do away with this common problem safely at home, you can use a number of natural home remedies for Gas relief.
Natural Home Remedies for Gas Relief
• Taking 1-2 tablespoons of organic apple cider vinegar in a glass of water before or after meals is useful in providing Gas relief naturally. Plus, apple cider vinegar helps remove toxins and is hence beneficial for the immune system. If you can’t bear its taste then add a teaspoon of honey in the solution.
• Medicinal herb, cumin serves as a highly beneficial natural cure for Gas relief as it stimulates digestion. You can have cumin tea prepared by putting a teaspoon of dried and crushed cumin seeds in a cup of water for about 10-20 minutes.
Strain and drink the tea one or two times in a day. Moreover, chewing roasted cumin seeds also cures Mouth Sores.
• Warm herbal teas like that of chamomile, peppermint, catnip, ginger, lemon balm, dandelion root etc are considered as excellent natural home remedies for Gas relief. Combination of these herbal teas can also be taken to reduce gastric problems as they help relax intestinal muscles and aid in digestion.
• Boil a cup of water and add a tablespoon of therapeutic seeds like fennel, caraway, cumin etc. Finally, strain the mixture, add sugar to taste and drink the solution as an effective natural treatment for Gas relief.
• In case you are suffering from gas pain, you can a decoction prepared by adding a pinch of asafetida in boiling water. Or, you can mix the herb in coconut oil and rub the mixture on abdominal area to relieve Gas.
• Regularly chewing basil leaves early in the morning on empty stomach is a tried and tested home remedy for Gas relief. Plus, simply chewing a tablespoon of fennel seeds after meals helps control Gas problems naturally.
• Chewing (not swallowing) a teaspoon of celery seeds is helpful in healing Gas troubles at home.
• Having 10-15 drops of cinnamon oil or caraway oil in a quarter cup of water is highly beneficial in home treatment for Gas relief.
• Mix some garlic cloves, coriander seeds, black pepper, cumin, and ginger in about six ounces of water and cook the mixture to prepare garlic soup. It is one of the most valuable Gas relief home remedies.
• Ginger is an extremely useful natural remedy for Gas relief. Besides, it also helps in the home treatment of common ailments like nausea and vomiting. You can simply suck a piece of ginger soaked in lemon juice mixed with little salt.
• If you are prone to gas problems, try to avoid the use of straws while drinking because it makes you swallow more air. So, use this tip to avoid Gas and opt to have your beverage directly from glass itself rather than getting away by fancy straws.
• At times, brisk walking, stretching, yoga and other such exercises help provide relief from Gas.
Apart from following the natural home remedies for Gas relief take proper preventive measures like treating constipation, limiting the intake of foods that cause gassiness, chewing peppermint leaves after meals, chewing the foods slowly and thoroughly and taking a walk for about 10-15 minutes after having meals to avoid Stomach Gas.