What is Gastritis?
Gastritis is a disease of the stomach wherein the inner lining of the stomach becomes inflamed or swelled up due to some reason. Alcoholism, smoking, prolonged use of non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs and infection caused by bacteria (Helicobacter pylori) are some the most important causes that lead to Gastritis. It is mostly characterized by abdominal pain. This pain is the result of stomach acids irritating the inflamed stomach lining.
Acute Gastritis lasts for short periods of time and chronic Gastritis may last for several months or even years. The treatment for this disease calls for the use of conventional medicines to neutralize the stomach acids in order to facilitate the healing process. The natural home remedies for Gastritis can also serve the same purpose and provide immense relief from the symptoms. Though, the patient should first consult the doctor before taking any medicines, whether conventional medicines or home medicines.
Causes of Gastritis
Apart from the above mentioned causes, certain other conditions can also be held responsible for causing Gastritis. They include viral infections, autoimmune disorders, gastric ulcers, anemia, consumption of corrosive substances like poison, and bile reflux which results in a backflow of the bile in the stomach.
Stress is also considered an important reason behind the occurrence of Gastritis. It leads to excessive secretion of gastric acid which in turn leads to causes this disease. Besides, Gastritis may be developed after major surgeries, traumatic injuries or burns.
Symptoms of Gastritis
Abdominal pain, belching, nausea, bloating, loss of appetite, bad breath, vomiting, and a burning sensation in the upper abdomen are the most common symptoms of Gastritis. Immediate medical assistance may be required in case the inflammation worsens and causes bleeding in the stomach. Black sticky stools or the occurrence of blood in the vomit are indicative of this type of bleeding.
Natural Home Remedies for Gastritis
• Drinking coconut water is one of the easiest natural home remedies for Gastritis.
• Drinking about half a cup of potato juice before meals serves as an effective home treatment of Gastritis. Ginger can also be taken before meals to aid in digestion and reduce this problem.
• Taking a pinch of carom seeds with a pinch of black salt acts as a natural cure for Gastritis.
• Taking tamarind water should along with asafoetida and cumin water is one of the best home remedies for Gastritis. Buttermilk and curd can also be used in place of tamarind water.
• Take a cup of water and add about two teaspoons of peach leaves in it for about ten minutes and drink this concoction about three times a day to relieve Gastritis pain.
• Drinking a mixture of 300 ml of carrot juice and 200 ml of spinach juice is a highly beneficial natural remedy to prevent as well as cure Gastritis.
• Mix some roasted cumin seeds and a pinch of rock salt in fresh orange juice. Drinking this mixture is a simple home remedy to Gastritis.
• Crush one clove and one piece of cardamom and put the resultant powder in the mouth to cure this problem naturally.
• Chewing roasted fennel seeds after meals is one of the most effective home remedies for Gastritis prevention and treatment.
• Applying hot compresses on an empty stomach or two hours after meals can provide immense relief from Gastritis related pains.
• Consuming papaya seeds and pineapple are valuable natural remdies for the treatment of Gastritis.
• Taking one or two teaspoons of marigold juice on a daily basis is a therapeutic home remedy to naturally cure Gastritis.
• Add about half a teaspoon of licorice root tea in a cup of water. Boil the water for about 10 minutes and then strain it. Drinking this concoction (when it is warm) at least three times a day is regarded as an efficient remdy used in the treatment of Gastritis.
Diet for Gastritis
Depending on the severity of the disease, the patient should remain on a fast for a couple of days or more to give rest to the stomach and aid in faster recovery. During this period, the patient should take only warm water. After this, the patient can gradually start consuming fruits and after sometime, can switch to vegetables, seeds, grains, nuts etc. Fruits like grapes apples, oranges pears, grapefruit, peaches, pineapple and melons are highly beneficial in this regard.
Consumption of tea, coffee, colas, spices and condiments, meat, alcohol, tobacco and red pepper should be avoided as far as possible. Also, the patient should stay away from rich cakes, pastries and other sweets. Yogurt and cottage cheese should be positively included in the diet to facilitate the healing process. Drinking plenty of water and fruit juices is another effective way to safely cure Gastritis.
Leave a Reply