What are Hemorrhoids?
Hemorrhoids or Piles is a common disease generally caused by excess pressure on anal tissues of the rectum leading to enlargement and swelling of veins present around the rectum and anus. Pregnant women often develop Hemorrhoids due to the pressure of carrying the fetus. But, in most of such pregnancy related cases, it is a temporary problem.
Hemorrhoids may be categorized as internal or external. Internal Hemorrhoids occur deep inside the rectum and are generally not visible or felt unless they become severe. On the other hand, External Hemorrhoids are often visible around the outside of the anus.
Once the veins around the rectum and anus have been enlarged resulting in Hemorrhoids, they are difficult to be cured completely. Moreover, they the disease tends to recur with even less pressure than the amount of pressure that caused it in the first place. Though, with the help of simple measures comprising natural home remedies for Hemorrhoids, a healthy lifestyle and diet, this disease can be controlled to a great extent. Surgery is also an option but it is mostly recommended in unusually severe cases.
Causes and Symptoms of Hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoids are basically caused by too much pressure on anal tissues. This excess pressure may be caused by chronic constipation, diarrhea, straining during bowel movements, prolonged sitting or standing, heavy lifting, pregnancy, aging etc. It has been observed that individuals above the age of 50 years are more prone to develop this disease.
Certain liver diseases and tumors of the abdomen also lead to excessive pressure in the veins and cause Hemorrhoids. Besides, hereditary factors also play an important role in causing this disease. Overweight people are more at risk of developing Hemorrhoids.
The most common symptom of Hemorrhoids is bleeding during bowel movement. In case of Internal Hemorrhoids, the blood is most likely bright red in color. At times, Internal Hemorrhoids protrude from the anal opening and cause pain. This condition is known as Prolapsing Internal Hemorrhoids. The other type of Hemorrhoids, that is, External Hemorrhoids are often painful and become itchy and more painful when the blood clots in such Hemorrhoids. This condition is known as Thrombosis.
Natural Home Remedies for Hemorrhoids
• Take one tablespoon of honey, half a teaspoon of limejuice, half a teaspoon of ginger juice and the same amount of mint leaves and mix these ingredients Taking this mixture on a regular basis is one of the4 easiest possible natural home remedies for Hemorrhoids.
• Drinking tea prepared from parsley, buck thorn bark, red grape vine leaves, neem, slippery elm, collinsonia root or stone root is considered one of the most valuable home remedies for Hemorrhoids treatment.
• Cayenne or garlic enemas help in keeping the bowels clean and reduce Hemorrhoid pains.
• Ice packs can also be used to reduce Hemorrhoid swelling and pain during the treatment of this disease.
• Having a glass of buttermilk mixed with ginger, peppercorns and rock salt helps to eliminate Hemorrhoids.
• Soak three or four figs in water over night. In the morning, have the figs along with the water they were soaked in. Taking this mixture on an empty stomach is one of the best home remedies for Piles or Hemorrhoids.
• Boil some pomegranate peels in water. Drinking this water two times on a daily basis is a therapeutic natural home remedy used to cure Piles or Hemorrhoids.
• Consuming 1.5 to 2 grams of dried and powdered mango seeds is the most trusted natural remedy used in the treatment of Hemorrhoids.
• Consuming rose apple (jambul fruit) is a popular natural cure for Hemorrhoids.
• Applying a paste prepared from powdered cumin seeds mixed with water is yet another simple remdy beneficial in curing Hemorrhoids successfully.
• Drinking onion juice about 2-3 times a day is one of the simplest home remedies for Hemorrhoids, especially in controlling Hemorrhoids related bleeding. This home remedy should be followed till at least one month. The juice can be sweetened with sugar candy in order to improve its taste.
• Soak 10-15 coriander seeds in water over night. Drinking this water early in the morning on an empty stomach acts as a successful home cure to get rid of Hemorrhoids, especially the bleeding. Juice extracted from coriander leaves is equally beneficial.
• Drinking juice extracted from bitter gourd along with buttermilk helps relieve Hemorrhoids.
• Radish juice is also beneficial in this regard. A paste prepared from radish juice mixed with milk can be applied on the painful area to heal Hemorrhoids.
• Sesame seeds are very helpful in treating piles. Take 15-20 sesame seeds in a glass of water and boil it. Strain and allow it to cool, take this mixture 2-3 times a day at least for a month.
• Therapeutic herbs like aloe vera and witch hazel are efficient home remedies for Hemorrhoids related pain.
• Take a cup of milk mixed with a boiled and mashed banana (ripe) about four to five times per day for at least one month for treating Hemorrhoid pain.
• Roast one teaspoon of cumin seed powder and add the same amount of unroasted cumin seed powder. Take half a tablespoon of this mixture in a glass of cold water. This natural remedy helps to destroy Hemorrhoids as naturally as possible.
Diet for Hemorrhoids
A healthy lifestyle and proper nutritious diet go a long way in preventing Hemorrhoids. The diet to cure Piles naturally should be supported by a diet high in fiber. This high fiber diet can be achieved by including a variety of grains, fruits and vegetables in the diet. For instance, whole wheat, brown rice, lentils, chickpeas, carrots, cabbage, eggplant, spinach, apples, figs, apricots, prunes and other such foods should be positively included in the diet while dealing with Hemorrhoids. Mint leaves, spinach, orange and lemon facilitate the healing process. In addition, drinking plenty of water helps in avoiding Hemorrhoids or Piles to a great extent.
Consumption of oily and spicy foods should be restricted as much as possible. Red meat is also a big no-no in this regard. Similarly, extremely sugary products are also best avoided to avoid further problems. The lifestyle should definitely have scope for physical activities or exercises to prevent this disease.