What is Joint Pain?
Joint Pain is usually associated with Arthritis. Nonetheless, pain in the joints can be caused by other factors like injuries, certain infections and other diseases as well. Knee, elbow, ankle, neck and back are some of the most common locations of Joint Pain and stiffness.
Basically, a point at which two or more bones meet is referred to as a joint. These joints are further cushioned by cartilage and supported by muscles, bursae, tendons and ligaments.
Conditions or injuries affecting any of these structures give rise to Joint Pain. This problem is more common in older individuals, especially the ones suffering from obesity.
Successful Joint Pain treatment depends on accurate identification of the exact cause of the pain. Although there are many over the counter pain medicines available in the market, individuals are now turning to the natural home remedies for Joint Pain relief to heal common Joint Pain without any side effects. Severe cases, however, do need specific treatments.
Causes of Joint Pain
Joint injuries, sprain and conditions like Osteoarthritis, Gout, Tendonitis and Bursitis are some of the most common causes of Joint Pain. Tendonitis generally affects the elbow, wrist, shoulder or heel. Prior fracture, injury or dislocation of kneecap increases the risk of developing this problem resulting from Chondromalacia Patellae.
Osteonecrosis or Avascular Necrosis characterized by temporary or permanent loss of blood supply to the bones and joints may also contribute in causing Joint Pains. Alcoholism tends to aggravate this problem.
Besides, common infectious diseases like Mumps, Measles, Rubella (German Measles), Chicken Pox, Influenza, Parvovirus, Hepatitis, Lyme disease, Epstein-barr syndrome and other such conditions may also cause the same.
Moreover, Osteoporosis bone disorder and bone infections leading to Septic Arthritis and Osteomyelitis can also cause severe Joint Pains. Autoimmune diseases such as Rheumatoid Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Lupus etc can also contribute in causing this debilitating problem.
More often than not, Joint Pain is caused by the degeneration and wearing down of the muscles, tendons and ligaments due to increasing age.
Symptoms of Joint Pain
As the name itself indicates, the most obvious symptom of Joint Pain is mild or severe pain and stiffness in the one or more joints. Knee Pain, Back Pain, Elbow Pain, Neck Pain, Jaw Pain, Wrist Pain, Foot Pain, Hip Pain, and Shoulder Pain are some common forms of Joint Pain. Joint Pain due to Arthritis is often accompanied by inflammation as well.
Natural Home Remedies for Joint Pain
• Performing hot and cold fomentations is one of the most widely used Joint Pain home remedies.
• Drinking a combination of two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and two teaspoons of honey mixed in a glass of water is a highly beneficial natural remedy for Joint Pain.
• Eating garlic loves fried in butter is a highly beneficial remedy for relieving Joint Pain in a natural way. The anti-inflammatory properties of garlic are highly beneficial in healing Joint Pain and swelling due to Arthritis.
• Having some warm water mixed with half a teaspoon of turmeric powder is one of the most valuable Arthritis home remedies for Joint Pain and stiffness. Regularly consume this mixture at least three times per day.
Similarly, taking one teaspoon of turmeric powder in a glass of warm milk also serves as a good natural cure for Joint Pain.
• Prepare porridge and add some molasses, clarified butter and two teaspoons of winter cherry in it. Have this porridge on an empty stomach for about fifteen days to get rid of Joint Pain at home.
• Simply rubbing warm vinegar on the affected area is the easiest Joint Pain home remedy.
• Regularly drinking tea prepared from papaya seeds about 6-7 times in a day is useful in reducing Joint Pain naturally at home. Follow this home treatment for at least two to three weeks to relieve the pain considerably.
• Olive oil and camphor oil are considered as excellent home remedies for Joint Pain natural treatment. Regularly massaging the aching joint gently with either olive oil or a combination of camphor oil and sunflower oil helps to reduce the pain in the joints to a great extent.
A combination of warm sesame oil/almond oil and approximately three drops of oil of cajeput is also useful in this regard.
• Yoga, acupuncture, acupuncture and other such alternative therapies also serve as successful Joint Pain cures.
Diet for Joint Pain
When dealing with Joint Pain, pay special attention to the diet and make relevant lifestyle changes like exercising regularly. Positively include lettuce, cucumber, carrots, lemons, mushrooms, onions and other similar nutritious fruits, vegetables, whole grains and oils richin omega-3 fatty acids in the diet.
In fact, regular consumption of bananas and just one large teaspoon of a combination of carrot juice and lemon juice are regarded as effective natural home remedies for Joint Pain.
Shoulder Pain Coach Rick says
Wow this is great information. People need to learn these home remedy miracles.
I am 51yrs old male suffering from joint pain in both foot joint since Dec. 2010 & left hand elbow joint since August 2011. Recently I have started to take half tea spoon cinamon alongwith one table spoon honey since a week ago still there is no improvement now I requested to please guide any other home remedies for the purpose & oblige.
Sad to say none of this home remedies are any good. I have really bad knees spurs and have try many most of this remedies and i was very disappointed.
Janet F says
With knee bursitis, I found that eating cabbage foods, including cabbage, broccoli, kale and collards helped a lot. Pineapple helps a lot, too.