What are Liver Problems?
Liver Problems are ailments in this important organ of the body that tend to affect the normal liver functioning adversely but can be healed and controlled naturally at home with the help of several home remedies for Liver Problems.
Located under the rib cage on the upper right hand side of the abdomen, liver is a vital body organ that aids in digestion, absorbs nutrients and removes toxins and waste products from the blood.
To perform these functions efficiently, the liver needs to be healthy at all times. Thus, it is essential to cure Liver Problems as soon as possible in order to avoid reduced liver functioning and liver damage.
Some common Liver Problems are Hepatitis, Alcoholic Hepatitis, Hemochromatosis, Sarcoidosis, Cirrhosis, Liver cysts, Wilson’s disease, Gilbert syndrome, Liver Enlargement, Bile Duct Obstruction, Non Alcoholic Fatty Liver disease, Liver Failure etc.
Causes of Liver Problems
Malnutrition, alcoholism, bacterial and viral infections and poisons are some of the most common causes of Liver Problems. For instance, Hepatitis A, B and C are some of the most common liver diseases caused by viruses.
Certain medicines and conventional treatments like chemotherapy and hormonal therapy may also cause the same. Besides, hereditary factors also contribute in causing congenital liver diseases. Liver Problems leading to bile duct obstruction are usually caused by gallstones.
Symptoms of Liver Problems
More often than not, the initial symptoms of Liver Problems are vague. Liver disorders often cause weakness, lethargy, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, bloating, jaundice, swollen abdomen, swollen legs, feet or ankles and other similar symptoms.
Chronic liver conditions can also cause pruritus, unexplained weight gain or weight loss, dark urine, abdominal pain etc. When caused by infection, the symptoms may also resemble the common symptoms of flu, such as fever, headache etc. Non alcoholic fatty liver disease characterized by buildup of fat in the liver generally causes swelling but is considered relatively harmless.
Natural Home Remedies for Liver Problems
• Dandelion is one of the most popular herbal home remedies for Liver Problems. Prepare this dandelion home remedy by boiling roots of dandelion in a glass of water for about 10 minutes. Apart from healing Liver Problems, this therapeutic decoction is also useful in the natural detoxification of the liver.
• Chicory, milk thistle, jaundice berry, Indian Aloe, turmeric, licorice and other similar herbs are also regarded as excellent liver home remedies.
• Regularly having spearmint juice mixed with sugar for ten days is one of the most valuable natural cures for Liver Problems causing liver enlargement.
• Consuming orange juice extracted from two oranges is highly beneficial in reducing Liver Problems naturally. This liver care natural remedy should be followed daily on an empty stomach for at least five to seven days.
• Boil the leaves and stems of white radish in water and have this decoction on a regular basis to cure Liver Problems at home. Sugar candy can also be added in this solution to improve the taste.
• Having a cup of buttermilk mixed with some roasted and powdered cumin seeds and a pinch of salt is one of the best home remedies for Liver Problems natural treatment.
• Having a mixture of one teaspoon of lime juice mixed with papaya seed extract on a regular basis helps to avoid Liver Problems considerably.
• Regularly drinking a combination of carrot juice and spinach juice mixed in equal quantities is a tried and tested natural remedy for Liver Problems. Continue this Liver home treatment for at least three to four weeks to get encouraging results.
• Having a decoction prepared by boiling three to four sacred fig leaves in about 250 grams of water is a valuable herbal cure for getting rid of Liver Problems like Cirrhosis of Liver.
Diet for Liver Problems
When dealing with Liver Problems it is essential to reduce the consumption of protein and sugar rich foods until the condition is cured. In addition, avoid spicy, fried and processed foods. Try to have smaller meals at regular intervals rather than having fewer heavy meals.
Moreover, replace buffalo’s milk with cow’s milk or goat’s milk. Needless to add, alcohol consumption is also a big no-no. Tea and coffee should also be avoided as far as possible. However, consume adequate amount of water throughout the day, especially in the morning to flush out toxins.
As Liver Problems lead to general weakness and fatigue, it is advisable to have more carbohydrate rich foods that provide energy. Plus, take a well balanced and healthy diet and positively consume beans, tomatoes, carrots, bitter gourds, eggplant, cabbage, radish, sprouts and other similar nutritious foods.
These vegetables are highly beneficial in the detoxification of liver and hence serve as effective natural home remedies for Liver Problems.