What are Menopausal Disorders?
By permanent cessation of the menstrual cycle, menopause indicates the end of a woman’s reproductive period. This natural stage of cessation of menses usually takes place between 45 to 55 years of age. However, this stage may be accompanied by certain problems and disorders. These menopause-related disorders are referred to as Menopausal Disorders.
Menopausal transition is characterized by irregularities in menses and finally, complete termination of menstruation. The transition period generally lasts for one year. The endocrine glands like pituitary gland, thyroid gland and the sex glands are affected by this natural process due to lack of estrogen production. This in turn, causes symptoms of Menopausal Disorders.
Not all women are affected by such side effects of menopause. Still, the ones that do go through these unpleasant and troublesome symptoms, whether mild or severe, can safely adopt natural home remedies for Menopausal Disorders to reduce the symptoms and cure the problem in a natural way.
In fact, the natural remedies are often preferred over conventional drugs and treatment owing to the fact that natural cures are inexpensive and from side effects.
Causes and Symptoms of Menopausal Disorders
Menopausal disorders are often associated with autoimmune diseases and a genetic predisposition to develop such disorders. Apart from the inherent, genetic factors, other causes include factors like chromosomal irregularities and viral infections.
Viral infections during pregnancy may affect the ovarian development of the female fetus. Women subjected to treatments such as chemotherapy and radiation therapy are more susceptible to develop Menopausal Disorders because of damage to ovaries. Factors like diet and lifestyle also affect the severity of symptoms.
Common symptoms of Menopausal Disorders are insomnia, night time sweating, hot flushes, bladder problems, dizziness, decreased sex drive, stress, and depression. Other non specific symptoms include irritability, fatigue, palpitations, numbness, headache and other such symptoms.
Hormonal imbalance due to lack of estrogen production may lead to anxiety and panic attacks. Osteoporosis with severe backache is a common phenomenon in menopausal women.
Natural Home Remedies for Menopausal Disorders
• Boil a glass of cow’s milk mixed with one teaspoon of carrot seeds. The seeds can also be soaked in the milk for about ten minutes and then the mixture can be strained to retain the milk and remove the seeds. Regular consumption of this therapeutic mixture is one of the best natural home remedies for Menopausal Disorders.
• Consuming 60 to 90 ml of beet juice three times per day is another tried and tested home remedy used to cure menopausal problems. For encouraging results, this natural remedy should be followed on a regular basis.
• Having soy products like soya milk, soya flour, tofu etc helps in the treatment of menopausal symptoms. Flaxseed is also beneficial in this regard.
• Taking one teaspoon of Liquorice powder on a daily basis is one of the most effective natural home remedies for Menopausal Disorders. This herb is naturally rich in the female hormone, estrogen and hence helps in solving the deficiency of this hormone caused by menopause.
• Indian spikenard herb is one of the most valuable home remedies for Menopausal Disorders as it has a calming effect on the nervous system. For this remdy to work successfully, take this herb in moderation. Two grams of this herb should be taken every day to heal the situation.
• Yoga, massage and meditation help in reducing such troubles by soothing and relaxing the body as well as the mind.
Diet for Menopausal Disorders
A nutritious diet with special emphasis on Vitamin D, vitamin E, calcium and magnesium is highly recommended in the natural treatment of Menopausal Disorders. Vitamin D, in particular, helps in the assimilation of calcium which helps in dealing with Osteoporosis related symptoms related to this condition. Therefore, a judicious mix of fruits, vegetables, grains, nuts and seeds should be made an integral part of the diet.
Plus, sprouts, homemade cottage cheese and unpasteurized but high quality milk should be consumed on a regular basis for good health. Cabbage, beans, peas, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, papaya, apple, corn, cucumber, garlic, alfalfa, olive oil and soy products are also highly beneficial in this regard. A variety of fruit juices and raw fruits and vegetables in form of salads help in curing Menopausal Disorders.
Besides, exclude harmful refined and processed foods from the diet. The natural home remedies for Menopausal Disorders coupled with these dietary measures are very useful in dealing with menopausal problems.
Moreover, stay away from emotional stress and take sufficient rest and sleep in order to get rid of these problems. Regular physical exercises like walking, jogging, swimming etc help a great deal in reducing Menopausal Disorders and their symptoms.