What are Mouth Sores?
Appearance of Mouth Sores is quite a common problem that can be cured with the help of various home remedies for Mouth Sores natural treatment. They are mostly caused by injury, irritation or infection and can develop inside as well as outside the mouth.
More often than not, common Mouth Sores occur because of Canker Sores or Aphthous Stomatitis causing inflammation on the lining of the mouth, gums or tongue. They are usually caused by hereditary factors. They are not contagious when caused by Canker Sores. However, the sores can be contagious when caused by Herpes Simplex virus.
There exist numerous natural remedies for Mouth Sores home treatment in general. But, if the condition lasts longer than ten days or a few weeks even after the application of natural cures then it is better to seek professional advice to determine accurate treatment on the basis of the exact underlying cause. Certain types of Mouth Sores can also be cancerous.
Causes of Mouth Sores
Apart from common mouth injuries (due to accidental biting, burns etc), irritation (ill fitted dentures, rubbing of sharp, broken tooth, allergies), gum disease, Canker Sores and other types of infections, Mouth Sores can be caused by serious systematic diseases like Behcet’s syndrome, Autoimmune Diseases (Lupus), Crohn’s disease and other such diseases.
Moreover, the presence of persistent sores on tongue and mouth can also point towards the possibility of having Oral Cancer. Besides, factors like chewing tobacco, poor oral hygiene, nutritional deficiencies, stress, hormonal changes, bowel disorders, genetic predisposition and treatments like radiotherapy and chemotherapy (to head and neck area) increase the risk of developing this problem.
Symptoms of Mouth Sores
Mouth Sores are small, painful, raised shallow sores, often filled with fluid. Symptoms like tenderness and burning sensation on the affected are considered as initial signs of the condition. They tend to vary in size and appearance but appear within the mouth in areas like inner cheeks, gums, roof of mouth, lips or tongue.
However, they can appear outside the mouth as well, mostly because of Cold Sores. At times, infection due to Herpes Zooster virus causing Chicken Pox and Shingles can give rise to multiple sores on one side of the mouth. Mouth Sores may also be accompanies by swollen lymph nodes in the neck and fever.
Natural Home Remedies for Mouth Sores
• Applying some aloe vera gel on the affected area is one of the most popular natural home remedies for Mouth Sores.
• Rinsing the mouth with lukewarm water mixed with two teaspoons of salt is another valuable for curing Mouth Sores naturally.
• Chewing basil leaves a few times in a day a highly beneficial Mouth Sores home remedy. Alternatively, you can boil basil leaves in water and gargle with the solution regularly.
• Gargling a few times with tomato juice helps reduce sores is another simple natural cure for Mouth Sores treatment. Similarly, coconut milk is also useful in reducing sores in mouth.
• Applying honey on the affected area is one of the best natural home remedies for Mouth Sores treatment at home. It also helps relieve pain and burning sensation. A paste prepared from powdered Indian Gooseberry root bark and honey can also be used.
• Placing wet black tea bags on the affected area helps relieve Mouth Sores and the pain associated with the condition.
• Infusions prepared by boiling fenugreek leaves or coriander leaves in water make excellent Mouth Sores home remedies. Gargling with any of these solutions is helpful in healing the problem. Aloe vera juice can also be used in the same way as a therapeutic natural remedy for Mouth Sores.
• Regularly rinsing the mouth with a solution of one teaspoon baking soda mixed in a cup of water is useful in avoiding Mouth Sores. You can also apply a paste prepared from half a teaspoon if baking soda and some water on the affected area.
• Licorice root tea, calendula tea, echinacea tincture, diluted myrrh oil etc are regarded as valuable herbal remedies for Mouth Sores. Rinse the mouth with any of these herbal solutions to get rid of blisters and sores in mouth.
• Apart from following these natural cures, adopt a few more suggestions like avoid using mouthwashes containing alcohol because it acts as a dehydrating agent. Moreover, use a soft bristled toothbrush for brushing to avoid further mechanical irritation. Apply vitamin E oil to facilitate the process of healing.
Diet for Mouth Sores
When dealing with Mouth Sores, it is recommended to reduce the consumption of highly citric juices and foods like lemon, orange, grapefruit, kiwi, vinegar etc and stay away from smoking and tobacco abuse.
Moreover, avoid having chili, pepper and other spicy and fried foods. Reduce the consumption of sharp and crunchy foods until this annoying problem is eliminated.
Besides, follow the natural home remedies for Mouth Sores, maintain proper oral hygiene and take honey, tomato juice, banana, melon, cucumber, spring onions, vegetable soups, stews, puddings, ice creams and various fruits and vegetables rich in vitamin B, vitamin E, bioflavanoids and zinc.
Very good remedies for mouth sores. It worked for me actually.
muhammad saleem says
please tell me about said medicne
with remedie worked or with mixture ?
i am a citizen of coimbatore at vadavalli. Murthumalai road. I felt, the tongue small wound and fever developed. This, I think due to fan air cooling that impressed the down neck continuously resulted in tongue sore due to cooling effect. I noticed, when i put off fan as there was some relief.since the room is only 7×11 feet size. This may be useful to others when sent as message.
Please post a comment.
muhammad saleem says
some at my tunge alcers occurs please tell me treatments
Rakesh Bajaj says
I was suffering from mouth ulcers for the last thirty years. I tried Allopathic,Ayurvedic and Homoeopathic treatment but of no avail.By taking naturopathic treatment I am fully cured . I have cured many persons.To know more pl contact at my emailID:email@example.com
Rakesh Bajaj says
I was suffering from mouth ulcers for the last thirty years. I tried Allopathic,Ayurvedic and Homoeopathic treatment but of no use.By taking Naturopathic treatment I am fully cured in one month . I have cured permanently many persons of mouth ulcers.To know more pl contact at my emailID: firstname.lastname@example.org
i sent you a email please reply.
ovarian cyst says
I get pleasure from, result in I found just what I was taking a look for. You have ended my 4 day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye
I always get cancersores when eating pork.
Since months i rinse directly with rum or listerine the first 2 hours(twice)Ido not know how it works,but it does (in my case)
Thank you for all the ideas, I’m gonna try all, till I get my tongue sores gone.
GLORIA MCDONALD says
I WAS SO PLEASED WITH YOUR WAYS OF GETTING RELIEF, I AM DIABETIC AND WORRIED, I WILL GO TO THE DEntist SOON.thanks
praful rathod says
very useful article