What is Pharyngitis?
The most common ailments encountered by most of us and for which we have make a visit to our doctor are cold, cough, flu, etc. and the part of the body which is highly affected by these is throat.
Pharyngitis, better known as sore throat is an inflammation caused at the back of the throat also called pharynx in medical terms (between the tonsils and the voice box i.e. the larynx).
It is due to the viral infections basically by a group of streptococcus bacteria. Children between the ages 5 – 15 are prone to this disease as their immunity to fight back the virus is less.
Pharyngitis is also characterized by large tonsils which makes swallowing difficult as well as painful. Sometimes it becomes difficult to speak, forcing the person to use sign language for communication which can be quite irritating.
Causes of Pharyngitis
The major reason behind Pharyngitis is attributed to organisms such as Streptococcus, Mycoplasma pneumonia, Chlamydia pneumonia, and Neisseria gonorrhoeae and spreads by person to person.
It generally occurs during change of weather, when the person is exposed to pollutants such as dust, household cleaners and smoke.
Allergy, dryness, muscle strain can also be some of the reasons.
Symptoms of Pharyngitis
Scientist have discovered that symptoms of Pharyngitis vary from person to person and it occurs when a person experiences-
• Painful red throat
• Swollen tonsils
• Difficulty in swallowing
• Tendency to hawk, ham and suppressed voice
• Viral infection
• Throat infection
• Bacterial infection
• Strep throat
• Respiratory infection
• Upper respiratory tract infection
• Infectious mononucleosis
• Herpes simplex
• Postnasal drip
In case of complicated Pharyngitis following situations may occur
• Sore (abscess) around the tonsils or behind the pharynx
• Blockage of the airway (in severe cases)
It takes around 3 to 10 days for an uncomplicated Pharyngitis to subside.
Natural Home Remedies for Pharyngitis
Many treatments are there for Pharyngitis like antibiotics but we could lessen the sore throat with the help of certain home remedies.
- • Gargling twice a day with salted lukewarm water is one the best home remedies for Pharyngitis. It will soothe the throat irritation.
- • Consume a mixture of ginger extract, lemon juice and honey.
- • Another good natural treatment for healing Pharyngitis is- boil pepper in water for about 10 minutes and then sip this solution when it gets lukewarm.
- • Keep your body hydrated with the intake of lots of liquids like juices, tea, soups.
- • Another well known and effective Pharyngitis natural cure is intake of herbal tea made from basil, cinnamon, and black pepper.
- • Steaming can also provide much relief in Pharyngitis.
- • Suck on lozenges to soothe your sore throat.
The video gives the recipe of one more home remedy of Pharyngitis.
- • Honey is the traditional home remedy for sore throat and cough. It is believed that if a child is regularly given honey at night, then his chances of getting a sore throat is reduced to a much extent.
- • Application of juice of mango bark externally or a few drops used in gargle water proves to be a good cure.
- • Boil 2 tablespoons fenugreek seeds in 1 liter of water and let it cool. You can take this solution at regular intervals.
- • In case of acute Pharyngitis intake of bishop seeds is one of the best home remedies for Pharyngitis.
- • Include holy basil in your diet, it will not only treat your sore throat but will also increase your immunity to fight against the virus.
- • Drinking a glass of milk with a pinch of turmeric powder in it has shown proven results in treating Pharyngitis.
- • Avoid smoking.
- • Intake of coffee and other processed foods should be reduced in order to assist the body in Pharyngitis treatment via home medicines.
Getting rid of Pharyngitis depends upon the severity of the condition however, so whatever natural therapy or home remedy you use, you will need to continue it for a week or two.
I recommend ginger tea, it’s very helpful.
I tried the mixture of ginger extract, lemon juice and honey it really worked on my chronic pharyngitis.
ovarian cyst says
Definitely consider that that you stated. Your favourite justification seemed to be at the net the easiest factor to bear in mind of. I say to you, I certainly get annoyed at the same time as other folks think about issues that they plainly do not recognize about. You controlled to hit the nail upon the highest as neatly as defined out the entire thing without having side-effects , other people could take a signal. Will probably be again to get more. Thank you
Another well known and effective Pharyngitis natural cure is intake of herbal tea made from “basil”, cinnamon, and black pepper.
i don’t understand there it is Basil dried/not dried leaves, orbasil powder?