What are Piles?
Piles disease is a common disease whereby the veins located in the anal canal become swollen and cause bleeding. It can be caused by a number of factors like straining, low fiber diet, pregnancy, hereditary factors and other such reasons. These factors contribute in the enlargement of blood vessels around the lower rectum and lead to Piles.
Piles can be of two types, that is, internal and external. Internal Piles, refers to a condition where the diseases occurs inside the anus whereas External Piles refers to a condition when the inflammation can be seen as well as felt outside the anus. Internal Piles causes more bleeding when compared to external Piles.
Certain individual have both Internal as well as External Piles.
This inconvenient and embarrassing disease can be treated with the help of several natural home remedies for Piles and by adopting a balanced and healthy diet. The natural treatment usually involves simple steps like consumption of adequate amount of water and elimination of harmful fatty processed foods from the diet.
Causes and Symptoms of Piles
Piles can be caused by a number of reasons like liver diseases like Cirrhosis, hypertension in the portal vein, pelvic or rectal tumors, strenuous work, standing for long periods of time, sitting on hard surfaces, anal intercourse and aging. Sedentary lifestyle, chronic constipation, diarrhea and excessive straining can seriously aggravate the problem. Besides, certain individuals have weak rectal vein walls that can be damaged easily.
Pregnancy often causes Piles, but only temporarily.
Excessive consumption of alcohol and caffeine has also been linked with the incidence of this disease. Improper diet, obesity and stress may also result in the same. Piles can also be categorized as first degree, second degree, third degree and fourth degree Piles, depending on the degree of prolapse, that is, when the Pile is pushed further down the anal canal to the outside.
Common symptoms of Piles include pain, inflammation, itching, bleeding, and a general discomfort while passing stool. In case of External Piles, the swelling is visible as pink swellings in the veins that are round in shape and small in size. Internal Piles is less painful as compared to External Piles. The blood is often bright red in color. The later stages of third and fourth degree Piles may also cause a slimy discharge of mucus.
Natural Home Remedies for Piles
• Regular warm baths are highly beneficial in reducing the general itching and irritation. In addition, ice packs can also be used separately to reduce Piles related inflammation.
• Take a cup of milk and add one ripe banana in it. Boil and mash this mixture. Having this mixture three or four times per day serves as one of the most effective natural home remedies for Piles.
• Prepare a mixture by adding one tablespoon each of roasted as well as unroasted black cumin seeds. Then, make a fine powder of this mixture and have it with a glass of water on a daily basis. For best results, follow this natural remedy on a regular basis.
• Soaking three-four figs in a glass of water overnight and eating them in the morning on an empty stomach is one of the simplest home remedies for Piles treatment. Continue this remdy for at least three to four weeks to eliminate this embarrassing problem.
• Boil 20 grams of sesame seeds in half liter water till the quantity of water reduces to one-third of the original amount. Drink this decoction on a regular basis. The seeds can also been grounded with some water to form a paste or mixed with butter to get rid of Piles.
• Regularly having blackberry fruit mixed with salt works as a therapeutic home remedy for healing Piles and reducing Piles related bleeding.
• A combination of half a teaspoon of ginger juice, one teaspoon of mint juice, one teaspoon of lime juice and a tablespoon of honey serves as an effective natural cure for Piles.
• Regularly taking 1.5 to 2 teaspoons of dry and powdered mango seeds two times per day helps in home treatment of Piles.
• Take a glass of buttermilk and add three teaspoons of juice extracted from bitter gourd leaves in it. The resultant solution might not be good to taste but is a valuable home remedy for curing Piles when followed for at least one week.
• Regularly drinking a glass of buttermilk mixed with a pinch of salt and one fourth teaspoon of powdered carom seeds is one of the most trusted natural home remedies for Piles.
• Having a mixture of yogurt and powdered black mustard is highly beneficial in curing Piles naturally. Plus, drink a glass of buttermilk after having this medicinal mixture. Black mustard can also be taken in combination with goat’s milk and some sugar.
• Yogurt prepared from goat’s milk is a useful Piles remedy. Take it in combination with carrot juice or chopped carrots.
• 90 to 120 ml juice of wheatgrass can be used as an enema and retained till about 15 minutes. 20 minutes prior to this wheatgrass enema, take a lukewarm or margosa enema as well. This detoxification process helps in dealing with the problem of Piles.
Diet for Piles
The diet to cure Piles should focus on the inclusion of fresh fruits, vegetables and grains in the diet to maintain good health and get rid of constipation. A high fiber diet is mostly recommended for this purpose. Vegetable juices like that of turnip, spinach watercress, carrots etc are highly beneficial whether taken separately or in combination.
Moreover, bioflavonoids, especially the ones present in vitamin C help to strengthen connective tissues and capillaries, which in turn is beneficial in curing as well as preventing Piles. In fact, drinking radish juice two times per day is regarded as one of the best natural home remedies for Piles. Onion juice is yet another effective Piles remedy.
It should be taken in combination with sugar, curd, or clarified butter. The procedure should be followed for at least one or two weeks for encouraging results. Regular exercise and yoga also help to solve this embarrassing problem. Besides, avoid the consumption of salty and spicy foods as they tend to aggravate the problem.