What are Pimples?
Bacterial infection in the overactive oil glands situated at the base of the skin generally leads to the formation of Pimples. They are usually pus-filled raised bumps on the skin. Pimples are ugly to look at and hence considered a source of social embarrassment. The face, neck, chest, back and even shoulders are some of the most common sites of this infection.
Frequent breakouts of Pimples are referred to as Acne. Infected blackheads and whiteheads usually lead to the formation of Pimples. Contrary to the popular belief, Pimples are not caused due to dirt, sweat, or consumption of oily foods, chocolates, etc.
Though, the popular conception that Pimples should not be squeezed holds true. The act of picking or squeezing Pimples is discouraged as it may lead to further inflammation and scarring. Although many over the counter medicines and creams are often suggested to cure Pimples, still people are more attracted towards the natural cures in the form of natural home remedies for Pimples because they are safer and cheaper than the conventions methods of treatment.
Causes and Symptoms of Pimples
As already mentioned, overactive oil glands play an important role in causing Pimples. The oil glands tend to become overactive due to overstimulation caused by hormonal changes. The hormonal changes could be triggered by puberty.
Hormonal changes caused by menstrual cycles also contribute in the development of Pimple in women. Though, the problem tends to subside once the hormones settle down. Hereditary factors may also be held responsible for causing Pimples and Acne in some cases.
Medicines containing lithium, iodides, bromides, steroids etc have been associated with the worsening of Pimples. Repeatedly washing Pimple affected area may also aggravate the problem as skin tends to produce more oil in response to repeated washing and harsh scrubbing. Stress has also been associated, though indirectly, with frequent breakouts of Pimples.
Pimples are generally characterized by red or yellow colored inflammations on the skin. They are often filled with pus. When a Pimple is squeezed, the pus spreads on the surrounding area resulting in further infection. Moreover, the act of squeezing increases the probability of leaving behind scars even after the healing. These pus-filled Pimples are less commonly known as Pustules.
Natural Home Remedies for Pimples
• Add lemon juice and rose water in equal quantities and apply this mixture on the affected area for about half an hour. Regularly following this remdial procedure for about three to four weeks is one of the most popular natural home remedies for Pimples.
• Lemon juice can also be applied in combination with an equal amount of groundnut oil to prevent as well as cure this embarrassing problem. Similarly, lemon juice can also be added to sandalwood powder and the application of the resultant paste can help reduce Pimples to a great extent. A combination of lemon juice and cinnamon power is also beneficial in Pimple treatment.
• Honey is also considered good for skin. Applying a mixture prepared from three tablespoons of honey and one teaspoon of cinnamon powder over night is another popular natural cure for this irritating problem. This natural remedy is sure to give encouraging results if religiously followed for at least two weeks.
• A facial mask consisting of grated apple and honey serves as an effective home treatment for Pimples and Acne.
• Rubbing garlic on the affected area several times in a day is one of the most effective though smelly natural home remedies for Pimples. For quicker results, garlic should also be taken internally.
• Regularly applying the pulp of ripe tomatoes on the face for about an hour or so helps in the effective treatment of Pimples. Cucumber pulp can also be used in the same way with the same results.
• Raw papaya juice can be applied on the Pimples to cure Pimples naturally.
• Simply applying freshly extracted mint juice serves as one of the easiest possible natural home remedies for Pimples.
• Applying a mixture of coriander juice and some turmeric is an effective home remedy for Pimple treatment. Alternatively, if coriander juice is not available then mint juice can be used in its place.
• Add two to three teaspoons of dried basil leaves to one cup water and boil the mixture for about 15-20 minutes. Cool the mixture and then apply it on the affected area. This therapeutic home remedy should be followed on a regular basis to get rid of Pimples naturally.
• Mix some water in a mixture of crushed margosa (neem) leaves and turmeric to make a fine paste. Finally, rub the resultant mixture on the Pimples and leave it on the skin for about half an hour to heal Pimples successfully and remove the left over scars too.
• Take some roasted and powdered peels of pomegranate fruit. Next, add some lime juice to this powder to make a paste like mixture. Applying this mixture is one of the most valuable natural home remedies for Pimples.
• Take some fenugreek leaves, crush them and add sufficient water, just enough to make a paste. Apply this paste on the face over night and wash it off with warm water in the morning as an effective natural remedy for natural Pimple removal. This remedy is particularly useful for individuals with dry skin.
• Take some grinded nutmeg and add a little raw milk to it. Apply the mixture and leave it for about one or two hours. This natural home remedy is not only beneficial in curing Pimples but is useful in getting rid of their scars as well.
• Tea tree oil and aloe vera gel have anti bacterial and anti inflammatory properties that help in dealing with Pimples. Marigold and wheat germ oil are also effective against Pimples.
• Applying a mixture prepared from fuller’s earth and some water or rose water is a tried and tested Pimple cure. Fuller’s earth helps absorb excess oil from the skin.
Diet for Pimples
Judicious mix of a variety of fresh fruits, vegetables, grains, seeds etc constitutes a healthy and balanced diet. A diet rich in vitamin A and zinc is highly recommended to deal with this problem. Moreover, consumption of wheatgrass juice helps in controlling Pimples effectively.
Oils extracted from corns, sunflowers, and safflowers have been associated with therapeutic properties for curing as well as preventing Pimples. Plus, regular and adequate consumption of fruit juices and water is considered favorable for the skin.
Though, fried and fatty foods do not cause Pimples by themselves, still they do not even help in the process of healing. Self control is the essence of any favorable treatment. Caffeinated and sugary products tend to produce toxins which are harmful for the overall health. Moreover, over consumption of junk food may prove to be unfavorable for the healing process.
.my face is white but i have many pimples r their , pls send to easy tips
today r tommrrow
Nan Neelam says
…pimples pimples… :@
Akerele funmi says
Gudmorning, m 25 and i lives in Nigeria. I have been battling with pimples at age 16.it comes everyday and goes.my face has not been smooth for a day Help me and all the leaves or medication lyk neek or marigold is not in nigeria. Pls send a remedy.tnks
i wash my face with cetaphil daily facial cleanser in the morrning then at night i was with Oxy maximum face wash followed by clean&clear persa-gel 10 that i keep on my brakeouts over night when needed. but it doesnt seem to be clearing as much as i want.. any tips??
emhel lorica says
ill try lemon juice wl rosewater.thanks a lot.
Salt and viniger woks also expose ur slf in the sun,alwys hv stress woks in 1 minute
Am really troubled wif a lot of pimples nd black spots all over ma face.i need help
Please donâ€™t use garlic for pimples it will burn your face. I tried and it burnt my face.
I have oily skin,that’s why i have so many pimples on my face,please help me for removing it
Hi,i am 17 years old and iam deeply affected by pimples.i was in the need facewash gel which helps to get rid of pimple
don worry u get well xoon
hi.first i have 3 pimples on my face then i use pendrem+ to reduce it.but now much pimples come.can i know how to treat it naturally??
margaret Ebuara says
Tnks alot, i tried it nd its work for me.
I have marks of pimples left on my skin. plz suggest any remedy.thnx in advance
osariemen Elizabeth says
Hi,pls i need serious help on my face am 19 yrs old.i have pimples all around my face.i have use different cream,saop,cleanser etc.am even on drugs.pls i some home remedies to use
osariemen Elizabeth says
i have had it for a long time now it jus became worse this year
hello i’m 25yrs old. I suffer with problem of pimples since 2ys before it was not there , please suggest me for proper remedies of pimple. My face has more marks of pimples.give me good solution for this problem.my confidence has gone down so please help….
i do have pimples for 7 years still i am suffering, in last 7 years i have consulted 3-4 times with doctor that treatment carried for 1month and i was rid off but now it is again i am taking homeopathic medicine.
I am in a big tension infact sometime thinking of suicide please help me waiting for response
Stop using soap or any face-wash for the face. Instead use only besan (chickpea flour) to wash your face. In a month’s time, pimples would be cleared. It is cheap and the best home remedy.
hi my face is very oily…. i am suffering with many pimples on my face i.e
on my cheeks and my forehead.my pimples are in red colour.plssssssss
hi my face is very oily…. i am suffering with many pimples on my face i.e
on my cheeks and my forehead.my pimples are in red colour.plssssssss give me best sujestion.
renova alunan melody rna says
Omg…my pimples really stabborn….
Any body can help me home remedy please
parth shah says
some say pimples are caused due to masturbation and some say caused due to dandruff.my pimples are not disappearing plese help me its a reqvest pls pls help me emil me some remeditions
u can use multani mitti with besan and haldi…it will cure….
Augustina orji says
I ave dis pimples & blacksports on one part of my face 4 a very lng tym nw.cn smbdy plss help me on effective home remedies plsss
what is the treatment for skin
hello,please i need help concerning my pimples because this thing was so stubborn and i’ve been treated it for almost two years now and when it goes,it will still comes again,please help me because this is too much.
deepali pundir says
hi. i have pimples on my face then i use pendrem+ to reduce it.but now much pimples come.and much growth of face hair.. can i know how to treat it naturally??
khushi pandey says
these wer quite effective remedies nd i have benefitted a lot from these… thanks
khushi pandey says
thnks for the remedies… these wer very helpful
neelam verma says
hi! i am 19+ my face was absolutely fine around 3-4 weak before i am suffering from fever &my doctor was gave me a high dose due to which my forehead & chin was full of pimples. plz suggest something what should i do
indu maharjan says
now a days i am getting so many red pimples in my face and scars also. my skin is so sensitive . i don,t like to see my face in mirror . plz help me to remove my acne and scars. waiting for quick reply
Gud site…m very happy wid thes cures it works fr me
i think good to use bee honey
with mix some water, mix some honey with some water. and use that mixer like pulp in your face in affected areas after go to the bed in every night. after sleep in the morning wash your face carefully. do this method 1 month. and get best face for your self
RAJAT SAINI says
my skin is too oily pimples come back after some days and go back after some days .plz give any home treatment fastly …
thank u.. by raj
i have acen my face,and also have a some black spots on arms.what should i prefer?
hi, i am 28 years old ,my skin is too oily in summer and dry in winters.. it is sensitive actually… having lots of painful pimples..which leave scars .. tried evrything but still suffering with the same .. completely frustated.. if you have some magical treatement plzzzzzzzz suggest…
yes,,,so efective applying fresh lemon or lime,that was way back long time during my young age, i did and finally successful indeed pimple well controled,no frustrated and more become self confidence…thats my experience never forget….
fauzia shoaib says
the easiest n cheaper
result in 15 days to 1 month
just have PANEER FLOWERS(paneer ke phool)in
every night about 1tbsp and every morning
they are small balls covered with skin remove it and ea it u can also soak it in Littel water also.
U can get these paneer from any indian or pakistani grocery shop
Hi..Lemon intake will surely help you to get rid of acne…just put juice of 2 or 3 lemons(depending on size) in a 3 quarter glass of water you can put 1 tbs of honey in it…take it daily in morning 1 hr before having something to eat….actually i started to use it to melt my belly fat but surprisingly it did effect for my acne problem…am happy:)
Recently I got pimples I need solution for tht .i have pimples on face nd neck ..due to allegeric or infection