What are Prostate Disorders?
As the name suggests, Prostate Disorders are disorders arising in the chestnut-sized prostate gland present in men. The risk of developing Prostate disorders increases with age. Some common prostate problems include problems like inflammation, enlargement of the gland and even cancer.
In medical terms, Prostate Disorder causing enlargement of the gland is referred to as Hypertrophy. Prostatitis refers to inflammation of the prostate gland, usually caused by infection. Prostate Cancer is a very serious disease that is present without any relevant symptoms and hence remains undetected till it the advanced stages.
Prostatitis, on the other hand, can be classified as acute, chronic or asymptomatic. Several conventional medicines as well as natural home remedies for Prostate Disorders help to control such problems quite effectively. The treatment for Prostate Cancer may call for the removal of prostate gland altogether in order to prevent further damage.
Causes and Symptoms of Prostate disorders
Prostate Disorders like Prostatitis are usually caused by bacterial as well as non bacterial causes. Factors like sitting in one position for longer periods of time, over exposure to cold climates and infectious diseases have been associated with the incidence of Acute Prostatitis. Recurring bacterial infections in the prostate gland increase the risk of developing chronic Prostatitis.
A condition called Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) causes enlargement of the prostate gland which in turn narrows down the urethra and results in urine blockage. Generally, the prostate gland tends to enlarge with increasing age. Other factors like constipation and excessive sexual excitement also contribute in causing such disorders. The exact cause behind Prostate Cancer still remains unknown.
Frequent urination, pelvic and abdominal pain, incontinence and urinary tract infection are some common yet crucial symptoms of Prostate disorders. The pain tends to radiate to the lower back, hips, and legs as well. Usually, the patient experiences a burning sensation and pain during urination. At times, the bladder does not seem to have emptied even after urination. Plus, there could be a sudden inability to urinate. Prostatitis often causes less amount of pain.
Such disorders may also result in sexual malfunctioning. The disease is often accompanied by Hematuria (blood in urine) and Nocturia (frequent night time urination). Blood in urine may be indicative of Prostate Cancer. Prostate Cancer generally grows slowly without any serious and noticeable symptoms. Most of the symptoms are manifested only in the later stages.
Natural Home Remedies for Prostate Disorders
• Taking alternate hot and cold hip baths is one of the most effective home remedies for Prostate Disorders. This helps to reduce swelling and pain.
• Holy basil juice can be taken in combination with yogurt or honey to cure prostate problems and disorders. As yogurt has cooling properties, it can be taken in the summer season and it can be replaced by a similar amount of honey in the winter season. A dosage of one teaspoon of basil juice mixed with the same amount of yogurt or honey acts as a good Prostate Disorder home remedy that helps reduce such problems in a natural way.
• Regular consumption of approximately 50 grams of cooked or powdered pumpkin seeds is one of the most successful natural home remedies for Prostate Disorders. Alternatively, drinking a decoction prepared from pumpkin seeds is highly beneficial in the treatment of Prostate disorders. Continue this treatment for at least one month for encouraging results.
• Stinging nettle has been found to reduce and cure Prostate Disorders quite effectively.
• Vegetable juices, especially spinach juice and carrot juice are excellent natural home remedies for Prostate Disorders. This natural remedy requires a combination of 200 ml spinach juice and 300 ml carrot juice. Drink this therapeutic juice daily in the morning to heal prostate problems.
• Yoga is considered as a good home remdy for Prostate Disorders.
Diet for Prostate Disorders
While dealing with Prostate Disorders, it is essential to adopt a healthy diet with special emphasis on vitamin E and zinc. Consumption of fresh fruits, seeds, grains, green leafy vegetables and dairy products is highly beneficial in this regard.
Regular consumption of three or four cloves of garlic serves as one of the most valuable home remedies for Prostate Disorders. Taking fruits and vegetables like apples, pears, mangoes, oranges, melons, guavas, sweet lime, tomatoes, onions, green beans, carrots etc facilitates the process of healing.
Besides, restrict the consumption of fatty, spicy foods and the ones containing excess salt, condiments, and high seasoning. Plus, reduce the consumption of strong caffeinated and alcoholic beverages as they tend to aggravate such problems. Last but not the least, avoid constipation and increase the consumption of water to help cure Prostate Disorders.
Leave a Reply