Home remedies for Psoriasis of the scalp consisting of natural and herbal cures are useful in healing Psoriasis Scalp characterized by red and itchy scalp covered by silvery white scales. When suffering from this condition, you are also likely to have mild Psoriasis on your hands or feet as well.
Psoriasis of scalp generally causes itching, burning sensation and dandruff-like flaking. Scratching the scalp persistently may lead to bleeding and temporary hair loss. Symptoms tend to worsen during winters. It is not a contagious disease.
The exact cause of this problem is still not known. However, it is considered to be a hereditary disease. Immune system plays a vital role in causing Psoriasis of the scalp when it sends faulty signals and starts attacking healthy skin cells, thereby forcing the body to quickly produce new cells.
Natural Home Remedies for Psoriasis of the Scalp
• Rinsing the hair with apple cider vinegar mixed with equal amount of water is an extremely popular natural cure for Psoriasis of the scalp. This therapeutic Psoriasis Scalp home treatment helps reduce the infection and inflammation.
• Applying a combination of lavender oil, neem oil and eucalyptus oil is an effective natural home remedy for Psoriasis of scalp. It is useful in controlling scalp itching. These essential oils also promote hair growth.
• Warm olive oil, coconut oil, wheat germ oil, avocado oil, tea tree oil and emu oil also serve as excellent natural home remedies for Psoriasis of the scalp.
• Using a mild shampoo containing sea salts is another valuable tip to reduce Psoriasis Scalp. Alternatively, you can simply mix three tablespoons of sea salts in your shampoo and then use it. Opting for coal tar shampoos and scalp creams is also suggested.
• Applying oatmeal paste on the scalp serves as an efficient natural remedy for Psoriasis on scalp as it helps to soften the thick red patches. You can also add some rosemary oil and lavender oil in the paste to increase its soothing properties.
• Rinsing the scalp with cool chamomile tea is useful in providing relief from this debilitating condition. Plus, it is recommended that you do not use extremely hot water to wash your hair. Instead, use cold or lukewarm water.
• Massaging the scalp with a mixture of jojoba oil and aloe vera gel and then leaving it on the scalp overnight is one of the simplest natural home remedies for Psoriasis of the scalp. A mixture of olive oil and a few drops of calendula oil and oregano oil can also be used for this purpose.
• Drinking a cup of bitter gourd juice mixed with one teaspoon each of honey and lime juice helps a great deal in controlling Psoriasis of the Scalp. Try to have this solution 4-5 times in a day on empty stomach.
• Natural treatment for Psoriasis Scalp also includes application of homemade hair masks. For instance, you can prepare a hair mask by mixing a mashed over ripe avocado and one tablespoon each of honey and olive oil. Finally, apply it on the scalp and then wash it off after an hour.
• Herbal supplements like that of yellow dock, milk thistle, sarsaparilla, red clover, burdock etc are considered beneficial in controlling Psoriasis. Consult a naturopath before going ahead with this therapy. Besides, include vitamin and antioxidant rich foods in the diet, for instance, peaches, avocadoes, carrots, flaxseed, nuts and citrus fruits.
Apart from following the natural home remedies for Psoriasis of the scalp, you should use medicated organic shampoos when dealing with this persistent problem. In addition, apply some essential oil on the scalp and cover your head with a shower cap overnight.