What are Rashes?
Appearance of random rashes on skin, whether face, neck or other parts of the body is quite a common problem that can be done away with by using easy natural home remedies for Rashes natural treatment.
There are different types of Rashes characterized by small bumps on skin or abnormal change in skin color and texture. They can be caused by numerous skin conditions. Rashes caused by viral, bacterial or fungal infections can be itchy and contagious in nature.
Causes and Symptoms of Rashes
Skin Rashes are mostly caused by conditions like Eczema, Psoriasis, Scabies, Insect Bites, Rosacea, Impetigo, Ringworm, Lyme disease, Chicken Pox, Measles and several other types of diseases and infections. Herpes is one of the most common viral infections giving rise to this problem. Factors like dry skin, emotional stress, anxiety and genetic predisposition, too, can trigger or aggravate skin rashes.
Besides, Rashes are caused by immune system disorders and allergic reactions like Allergic Dermatitis, Hives, Poison Ivy, Poison Oak etc. Skin irritation due to harsh chemicals present in soaps, detergents, household cleaning products, lotions, perfumes and so on may also lead to development of Rashes on skin.
In addition, Prickly Heat or Heat Rashes are caused by hot and humid environments. Children tend to develop Diaper Rash due to the use of wet diapers.
More often than not, Rashes are caused by common problems and are hence not considered dangerous, unless triggered by serious conditions such as cancer, liver problem, kidney disease, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, Staphylococcal Scalded Skin Syndrome, Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis etc. Therefore, Rashes can be cured with the help of some simple natural remedies.
Some common symptoms of Rashes are swelling, redness and the presence of ugly blisters on skin. They can also give rise to skin peeling and scaling as well. Rashes may appear on face, neck, torso, scalp and other parts of the body. Infectious Rashes tend to cause itching or burning sensation.
Natural Home Remedies for Rashes
• Applying cool compresses on the affected areas is one of the best natural home remedies for Rashes. This helps relieve itching, pain and swelling.
• Take one tablespoon of olive oil, two garlic cloves, 10-15 basil leaves and some salt and pepper. Crush these ingredients together to form a mixture. Finally, apply the resultant mixture on the affected areas to heal Rashes on skin.
• Oatmeal bath is considered as a highly beneficial natural remedy for Rashes home treatment. Simply put a cup of uncooked oatmeal in your bath water and soak in it for about 15-20 minutes to reduce rashes related itching and inflammation. Cornstarch can also be used to get rid of Rashes.
• Prepare a mixture by crushing a tablespoon of poppy seeds and adding one teaspoon each of water and lime juice in it. Finally, apply it on the affected area to help heal your Rashes naturally at home.
• Washing the affected area with chamomile tea prepared by boiling dried chamomile flowers in water is a valuable natural cure for Rashes on skin. Do not use this Rashes home remedy if you are sensitive to daisy, ragweed, marigold and other such herbs.
• Cod liver oil, olive oil, vitamin E oil, calendula oil, wheat germ oil, burdock root oil and tea tree oil serve as excellent natural home remedies for Rashes. Tea tree oil, in particular, is very useful but it should be used in dilute form by mixing it with water. Besides, it also helps cure Athlete’s Foot, Nail Fungus, Plantar Wart and other such ailments.
• Soaking in bath water prepared by adding three cups of ground oatmeal, three cups of dried chamomile flowers, two cups of buttermilk, a cup of baking soda and almost 30 drops of tea tree oil can help a great deal in soothing and relieving Rashes.
• Using a combination of two drops of yarrow oil, three drops of lavender oil and four drops of chamomile oil in 25 ml of sweet almond oil is a beneficial in getting rid of Rashes. Follow this therapy two times in a day.
• Applying aloe vera gel or pulp is one of the easiest and effective Rashes home remedies for skin and face. You can also immerse the affected area in cold milk to reduce Skin Irritation.
• As mint has antiseptic, anti inflammatory and cooling properties, mint poultice can be used for curing Rashes in a natural way. The poultice can be prepared by using leaves of peppermint, spearmint or other such mint leaves soaked in lukewarm water. You can also drink mint tea and apply tea bags on the affected area to make this Rash treatment more effective.
Diet for Rashes
Diet for healing Rashes on face, neck and other parts of the body primarily focuses on the inclusion of vitamin C rich foods that are rich in antioxidants. Zinc also facilitates the process of healing. Therefore, positively include walnuts, avocados, flaxseed oil etc in the normal healthy diet. In addition, have tomatoes, cucumbers, buttermilk and other such foods with cooling properties. Besides, avoid spicy foods and pickles.
So, when dealing with Skin Rashes, follow the dietary suggestions, apply natural home remedies for Rashes, avoid exposure to direct sunlight or extremely hot water, leave scope for ventilation while covering the rash with bandage and do not scratch the affected area as far as possible.