Scalp Ringworm is a form of fungal infection that is more common in children than adults. Being a common ailment, it can be cured by adopting some useful natural home remedies for Ringworm on scalp. Microorganisms that cause Ringworm are mostly present in tissues of skin, hair and nails.
Ringworm on scalp, also known as Tinea Capitis, is a contagious disease. It is characterized by red, crusty and scaly scalp. You may notice dandruff-like flakes as well.
Additional symptoms like intense itching, loss of hair, swollen lymph nodes around neck etc. Besides children aged 4-12, individuals suffering from low immunity are quite vulnerable to this fungal infection.
It persists longer than Ringworm of skin and usually lasts for a few weeks. Thus, it is important to control the infection and take relevant steps to get rid of Ringworm on scalp in the beginning itself before it aggravates. Given below are some therapeutic home remedies for Ringworm on Scalp natural treatment.
Natural Home Remedies for Ringworm on Scalp
• Coconut oil, lavender oil and castor oil are highly beneficial in Scalp Ringworm home treatment. Regularly apply either of these oils on the scalp to facilitate the process of healing and relieve itching. You can also mix carrier oils like almond oil or jojoba oil in any of these oils.
• Rubbing slices of unripe papaya on the affected area is one of the simplest natural home remedies for Ringworm on scalp. Follow this about therapy two times in a day.
• Applying fresh cut garlic cloves on Ringworm patches two times in a day helps a great deal in healing Ringworm on scalp. Continue using this Scalp Ringworm natural remedy for at least two weeks.
• Rinsing the scalp with apple cider vinegar diluted in water is another valuable natural cure for Ringworm on scalp. You can also apply lavender oil after the apple cider vinegar procedure. Continue this Scalp Ringworm natural treatment for at least ten days to reduce the problem and get rid of itchy scalp.
• Applying a paste prepared from ground butea seeds or mustard seeds mixed with lime juice and a little bit of water is a highly beneficial herbal treatment for Ringworm on scalp. Follow this herbal remedy at least two times in a day for at least 7-10 days.
• Tea tree oil, lemongrass oil, oregano oil and grapefruit seed extract are excellent natural remedies for Ringworm on scalp. Tea tree oil, in particular, is also useful in treating other contagious conditions like Psoriasis, Athlete’s foot, Head Lice etc. You can add a few drops of any of these oils in your shampoo to make it antifungal.
• Another easy Scalp Ringworm home remedy is to apply turmeric juice on the affected area three times in a day. In addition, you can consume a combination of one teaspoon each of turmeric juice and honey.
• Applying a paste prepared from crushed cassia leaves and basil leaves is one of the most efficient natural remedies for Ringworm on scalp.
• Using a combination of basil oil and some lemon juice on the affected area is helpful in getting rid of Ringworm on scalp. Follow this procedure three times in a day for at least 15 days.
• As the problem mostly affects those with weak immune system, it is suggested to take a healthy, balanced diet and consume adequate amount nutritious raw vegetable juices. Combination of carrot juice and spinach juice is particularly useful. Moreover, reduce the consumption of processed and highly flavored foods.
When dealing with Ringworm on scalp, make sure you maintain adequate personal hygiene and avoid coming in contact with dermatophyte contaminated items such as unclean belongings such hair brushes, pillows, clothing etc of an infected individual.
Pets can also tend to carry the fungal organisms causing this problem. So, stay away from infected pets, especially the ones with bald patches.
Apart from this, resist the urge to scratch persistently as it increases the risk of spreading the infection. By following these precautionary steps and using the natural home remedies for Ringworm on scalp, you can help you combat this problem effectively.