Most common type of psoriasis among others is Scalp Psoriasis; half of the patients suffering from psoriasis are also dealing with Scalp Psoriasis.
After every 25-30 days new cells are formed in our body which is a natural process replacing the dead and worn out cells. But in Scalp Psoriasis patient these cells are formed within a week’s span.
With such an increased pace of the formation of new skin cells, the body is unable to neither shed the older cells nor to accommodate the new ones thereby causing red lesions covered with scale(raised patches of dead cells) on the skin surface.
Scalp Psoriasis is a chronic and irritating skin disorder characterized by red flaky patches which are itchy and sometimes painful too, on the scalp.
The changing modern day lifestyle that includes blow-dryers and styling products contributes a lot to drying and worsening of psoriasis.
Although Scalp Psoriasis is often camouflaged by the hair but it can be a cause of social embarrassment sometimes due to skin flakes and severe dandruff.
Causes of Scalp Psoriasis
The exact cause of Scalp Psoriasis is still unknown but there can be a combination of factors like genetic predisposition and environmental factors. Here immune system also plays a vital role.
Even after the continuous research on Scalp Psoriasis for more than 30 years the main reason which causes this problem to occur still remains a mystery.
What Does Psoriasis Look Like And What Are Its Symptoms?
Characteristically psoriasis can have different appearances like
- • Small flattened bumps
- • Large thick plaques of raised skin
- • Red patches
- • Pink patches
- • Mildly dry skin
- • Big flakes of dry skin that flake off
This video shows what tips a dermatologist is giving to a 13 year old girl who is suffering from Scalp Psoriasis.
Natural Home Remedies for Scalp Psoriasis
- • Known for its enormous healing powers throughout Asia, turmeric is very beneficial in reducing skin lesions and stopping any bleeding on the scalp.
- • Avocado is a terrific herb for curing Scalp Psoriasis. Rubbing a part of the food of the plant on the affected area leads to soothing and cooling of skin.
- • One can not overlook the benefits of aloe vera as one of the most effective Scalp Psoriasis home remedies. With the use of its gel, 90% people have shown improvement in their case.
- • One of the best herbal remedies for Scalp Psoriasis natural treatment is the use of ointment containing barberry extract.
- • European researchers have found out that bishop’s weed is also a works as a good home medicine for Scalp Psoriasis.
- • Mix equal parts of aloe vera and jojoba oil and massage your scalp with this solution and let it soak overnight to get rid of burning sensation. This mixture also acts as a good conditioner for your scalp as well as hair.
- • In psoriasis cleansing of the scalp is very important so rinse your hair everyday with a product that contains Dead Sea salt.
- • Include flaxseed in your diet.
- • It is a well-known fact that positive thinking is a useful therapy in this case also.
- • Massaging the scalp with chamomile oil, lavender oil or eucalyptus oil serves as one of the best natural home remedies for Scalp Psoriasis. It provides instant relief from the burning sensation and soreness.
- • Avoid food grilled on charcoal or fried foods.
- • Intake of foods rich in antioxidants is also an easy home remedy for Scalp Psoriasis.
- • Cantaloupe, sweet potatoes, carrots, peaches, citrus fruits, nuts, avocados and wheat germ also help in reducing the irritation caused due to Scalp Psoriasis.
Whatever the reason is, these natural home remedies for Scalp Psoriasis will help you get relief from the symptoms and control flare ups too. A strong will power is a must to fight a disease.
Researchers have found that in many cases after some time this disease of Scalp Psoriasis falls down itself. No further flare ups were observed in them. Generally Scalp Psoriasis does not take too much time to get cured, unless the person does not take any treatment.
ive been suffering with lichen planopilaris for five years at least have you got any good solution for my problems i will really appriciate if you can help me many thanks
no i don t thing so never a reply was given im really in bad state with this condition thank again