What are Sexual Disorders?
As the name suggests, Sexual Disorders are those disorders that cause problems or difficulties in any of the phases of sexual activity. Hence, these disorders can be classified as Sexual Desire Disorders, Sexual Arousal Disorders, Orgasm Disorders and Sexual Pain Disorders, depending on the phases they affect.
Sexual Desire Disorder or decreased libido is usually caused by hormonal or psychological problems. Sexual Arousal Disorders include problems like impotence, frigidity and other such problems that cause avoidance of sexual activity.
Sexual Pain Disorders include conditions like Vaginismus and Dyspareunia and are mostly caused in females. Orgasm Disorders, on the other hand, can take place in males as well as females. Other Sexual Dysfunctions and Disorders include Gender Identity Disorders, Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome, Paraphilias like, Gerontophiliac, Somnophilia, Urophilia and a host of other disorders.
Most of the Sexual Disorders are generally caused during early adulthood and postmenopause and perimenopause years occurring later in life. It has been observed that a number of natural home remedies for Sexual Disorders can be of great help in dealing with these problems.
Causes and Symptoms of Sexual Disorders
Sexual Desire Disorders mainly consist of two types of problems, namely aversion to sex and hypoactive sex. These could be caused by a simple disinterest in sexual activity or some previous sexual molestation. Other specific reasons include hormonal or physical factors like pregnancy, lethargy, psychological stress, increasing age, intake of certain antidepressants etc.
Sexual Arousal Disorders are generally caused by lack of vaginal lubrication, swelling of the external genitalia, male erectile disorders and other associated factors. More often than not, premature ejacuation causes orgasm related problems.
The use of antidepressants also contributes in delay or absence of orgasm. Dyspareunia is another important Sexual Disorder that causes pain during or after intercourse and is mostly chronic in nature. Vaginal dryness because of hormonal changes due to pregnancy, menopause etc or insufficient stimulation often leads to this problem.
Vaginismus is another pain related female Sexual Disorder due to involuntary spasmodic muscle contractions at vaginal entrance. Paraphilias is a condition characterized by sexual arousal due to unusual or abnormal scenarios or objects. Chronic diseases, infections, tumors, cancers, psychological problems, alcohol and drug abuse are the most common direct or indirect factors causing a variety of Sexual Disorders.
The symptoms of Sexual Disorders are associated with the type of disorder present. Sexual desire and arousal dysfunctions cause symptoms like lack of interest, inability to become aroused, aversion, apprehension, dissatisfaction, ejacuation problems etc.
Orgasm disorders are characterized by persistent delay or complete absence of orgasm after the arousal phase. Sexual Pain Disorders are characterized by genital pain during or after intercourse.
Natural Home Remedies for Sexual Disorders
• Soak ten almonds in water overnight. In the morning, remove the skin of the almonds and add a pinch of saffron, ginger, cardamom and a cup of warm milk (cow’s milk). Blend this mixture nicely and drink this homemade medicine regularly in the morning. This is one of the most effective natural home remedies for Sexual Disorders related to decreased libido.
• Boil some with some raisins mixed in it. Eat the raisins and drink the milk afterwards to reduce and cure Sexual Disorders.
• Consuming a mixture of milk and drumstick flowers is one of the most successful natural home remedies for Sexual Disorders. To prepare this home remedy, boil 250 ml milk mixed with 10 to 15 grams of drumstick flowers and drink the resultant mixture.
• Taking a combination of dried dates, almonds, quince seeds and pistachios grinded together serves as a therapeutic natural remedy for male sexual problems by improving libido. Simply eating 100 grams of dry dates on a regular basis is also beneficial in the healing sexual problems.
• Grind equal amounts of black gram, wheat, rice and long pepper. Fry the powdered mixture in clarified butter and boil it in boil. Have this mixture on a regular basis to get rid of Sexual Disorders related to decreased libido.
• Herbs like Lepidium Meyenii, Ginko Biloba, Arginine, Kava Kava, Chives, Turnera Diffusa, Damiana and Indian Ginseng are highly beneficial in the treatment of Sexual Disorders. The last two remdies are particularly helpful in reducing female sexual problems.
• Natural therapies such as full body massage, hot bath, and yoga are efficient home remedies for Sexual Disorders.
Diet for Sexual Disorders
Sexual Disorders are usually caused by underlying medical conditions and general fatigue. Therefore, it is essential to maintain a healthy physical as well as mental status. A balanced and healthy diet plays an important role in achieving this goal.
Moreover, onion, ginger and garlic act as excellent home remedies for Sexual Disorders, especially in men. Plus, avocados and alfalfa sprouts are highly beneficial in healing this problem, especially in females. Nuts, olive oil, salmon and other such foods that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids are also useful when dealing with sexual dysfunctions.
Individuals suffering from Sexual Disorders should definitely avoid red meat, caffeine and starchy foods like processed and packaged foods. Besides, cigarette smoking, tobacco abuse and consumption of alcohol are also to be excluded. Finally, eliminate mental stress and depression to eliminate sexual problems.