What is Skin Infections?
Skin Infections are the most common and irritating problems related to the skin. Depending on the type of infection, they are categorized as bacterial, fungal, viral or parasitic infections. Out of these, the bacterial and fungal Skin Infections are usually more common.
Bacterial Skin Infections include skin problems like Boils, Follicullitis, Furuncle, Carbuncles, Cellulitis, Ecthyma, Impetigo, Staphylococcal Scalded Skin Syndrome and other such diseases. Fungal Skin Infections include conditions like Candidiasis, Athletes Foot, Jock Itch, Ringworm, Nail Infections, Tinea Versicolor, Tinea Capitis, Tinea Corporis etc.
Skin Infections caused by viruses include problems like Shingles, Warts, Cold Sores, Molluscum Contagiosum and other such skin ailments. Problems like Scabies and Lice infestation fall under the category of Parasitic Skin Infections.
Different types of Skin Infections require different types of treatments. Individuals generally try to opt for numerous safe and inexpensive home remedies for Skin Infections natural treatment in order to cure Skin Problems so as to avoid the harmful side effects associated with conventional treatments.
Causes and Symptoms of Skin Infections
Skin Infections are generally caused due to spread and outgrowth of micro organisms such as bacteria, viruses, fungi and parasites on the skin. As the name suggests, most the Skin Infections are contagious in nature.
Factors like weak and suppressed immune system whether due to other diseases or intake of certain medicines increase the risk of developing these skin diseases. Proper personal hygiene plays an important role in preventing Skin Infections.
Given below are some diseases caused by Skin Infections and their symptoms:
Cellulitis: Cellulitis usually begins as a red, tender and swollen area that gradually enlarges getting deeper in the skin and causes other symptoms like swollen lymph nodes, fever and chills.
Follicullitis, Furuncle and Carbuncles: Follicullitis is a localized hair follicle Skin Infection. Furuncle and Carbuncle are consecutively more extensive forms of Follicullitis.
Candidiasis: The symptoms of Candidal infection depend on the site of infection. For instance, Candidiasis
Intertrigo, an infection of the skin folds causes symptoms like formation of reddened postules.
Oral Candidiasis (Thrush) results in the formation of thick and white non adherent plaques inside the mouth, mostly on the tongue.
Scabies and Lice Infestation: Both these conditions cause intense itching. In case of Scabies, the relentless itching tends to become worse at night.
Natural Home Remedies for Skin Infections
• Grind some fresh margosa leaves and add some water to form a fine paste. Applying this paste on the affected area of the skin is one of the most effective herbal home remedies for Skin Infections, especially Boils. Applying the juice of holy basil leaves is an equally effective Skin Infections home remedy.
• Applying tea tree oil on the affected area is a tried and tested Skin Infections natural remedy. Tea tree oil heals Skin Infections like Boils and Carbuncles with the help of its antiseptic and antifungal properties.
• Garlic and onion juices, due to their therapeutic antibacterial properties also make for excellent natural home remedies for Skin Infections caused by bacteria. Apply either of these juices on the infected area to heal the infection naturally at home.
• Drinking a glass of warm milk mixed with one teaspoon of turmeric powder works as an efficient Skin Infections home treatment, particularly for infections causing inflammation.
• Several types of compresses such as warm compresses, tea compresses, vegetable compresses etc make for successful Skin Infections home remedies. Vegetable compresses can be prepared with the help of vegetables like tomato, potato, cabbage leaves, mashed garlic, raw onion and other such vegetables.
• Yogurt and apple cider vinegar are some of the most popular Fungal Skin Infection home remedies. Simply apply either of these on the infected area as a natural cure for the infection.
• Prepare a mixture by adding one teaspoon water and one teaspoon lime juice in a tablespoon of powdered poppy seeds. Apply this mixture to relieve itching caused by such skin problems.
• Extract the juice the juice of about 500 grams drumstick leaves. Add an equal amount of sesame seed oil in it and boil the mixture till the water dries up. Cool the mixture and daily apply it to cure Scabies. Application of juice extracted from apricot leaves also serves as a simple and easy home remdy for Scabies.
• Decoctions prepared from herbs like echinacea, yarrow, thyme, calendula flowers and other such herbs are highly beneficial natural remedies for Skin Infections.
Diet for Skin Infections
Diet for dealing with Skin Infections should focus on the inclusion of nutritious foods containing a variety of essential vitamins and minerals. Organic foods rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E and zinc highly recommended for this purpose.
Moreover, regularly consume garlic, onion and yogurt in order to fight off infections internally. In addition, drink about eight to ten glasses of water per day at regular intervals. Avoid non nutritious and fatty processed and packaged foods as far as possible.