What is Skin Irritation?
Skin Irritation is a common ailment encountered in the normal day-to-day life due to a variety of factors ranging from skin and food allergies to razor burns and even hormonal fluctuations. Whatever be the source of irritation, Mother Nature holds an array of home remedies for Skin Irritation natural treatment to get rid of this problem in easiest possible manner.
Individuals with sensitive skin are more susceptible to this problem, especially on using skin care products containing strong agents like alpha-hydroxy acids or alcohol. At times, certain essential oils like that of cinnamon, red thyme, cassia, ginger etc may also give rise to skin problems.
More often than not, the inflammation, redness and tenderness caused by Skin Irritation are frustrating but temporary. You can avoid Skin Irritations considerably by understanding your skin better and identifying those particular items that do not suit your skin.
Causes and Symptoms of Skin Irritation
As already mentioned, Skin Irritation can be caused by numerous factors, numero uno being Dry Skin. Other common causes of Skin Irritation include skin allergies, infections, eczema, psoriasis, heat rash, sunburn, prolonged exposure to extremely hot or cold weather, pet dander, mosquito bites, skin irritation due to nickel belt buckles, heavy metal jewellery and so on.
Certain chemicals present in detergents, soaps, housecleaning products, hair dyes etc may also cause the same. Besides, plants like poison oak, poison ivy and other poison plants tend to cause adverse reactions on skin. Moreover, factors like stress, hormonal fluctuations and use of certain drugs can increase the risk of developing this problem.
Itching, burning or stinging sensation, redness, tenderness, swelling, peeling, change in skin texture and development of small blisters on skin are some of the most common symptoms that are manifested during Skin Irritation. Most of the skin problems affect the skin on face, neck, arms, and palms.
Natural Home Remedies for Skin Irritation
• Applying aloe vera gel on the affected area is one of the most effective natural home remedies for Skin Irritation. The herb’s soothing properties help alleviate the symptoms remarkably.
It also serves as an excellent natural moisturizer. Extra virgin olive oil, cod liver oil, chamomile essential oil and lavender essential oil are also beneficial.
• Prepare a mixture by adding two tablespoon of lemon juice in six tablespoons of vitamin E oil. Applying this combination on the affected area for about 15 minutes and washing it off is a simple natural cure for Skin Irritation.
• Vitamin E oil (half teaspoon) can also be used in combination with two teaspoons of cold milk to heal Skin Irritation caused by hair removal procedures like threading and shaving.
• In case the irritation is caused by allergies then a combination of one tablespoon crushed poppy seeds or sandalwood powder, one teaspoon limejuice and one teaspoon water can applied on skin to reduce Skin Irritation.
• Having a warm water bath by mixing a can of evaporated milk in lukewarm bath water is a highly beneficial natural remedy for Skin Irritation home treatment. To increase the effectiveness of this home remedy you can also add oatmeal, cornstarch and baking powder in water.
• Herbal home remedies for Skin Irritation include taking a bath in bath water mixed with some yellow dock or peppermint oil to reduce itching. Soaking in bath water mixed with about two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar is useful in reducing irritation on skin.
• Applying cold compresses on the affected area is useful in relieving Skin Irritation related itching. Green tea bags can also be used to soothe irritated skin.
• The application of burdock root oil, stinging nettle oil, chickweed poultice, plantain poultice, etc are considered as therapeutic Skin Irritation home remedies. Plantain poultice, in particular, is beneficial in healing skin problems caused by insect bites. However, be careful while using these herbs as they may cause side effects in certain individuals, especially pregnant and lactating women.
Diet for Skin Irritation
A balanced diet consisting of foods rich in essential vitamins and minerals, particularly vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E and zinc is highly beneficial when dealing with Skin Irritation. Thus, consume a variety of fresh fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
Besides, intake of milk, yogurt and nuts is considered good for skin. Yogurt can also be applied on skin for about 15 minutes and then washed off with lukewarm water to ease facial Skin Irritation. Moreover, it serves a natural skin cleaner and moisturizer. In addition, keep the skin healthy by drinking sufficient water and avoiding cigarette smoking as it tends to dry and irritate the skin.
Therefore, adopt the diet and natural home remedies for Skin Irritation, apply gentle moisturizers serving as protective barriers against potential irritation-causing substances, avoid frequent water exposure, use organic skin care products and avoid contact with skin irritants as far as possible to prevent and cure this problem considerably.