What is Skin Lightening?
Individuals troubled with sunburn, dark spots and dark pigmentation on skin often turn to natural home remedies for Skin Lightening to get rid of dark skin. This can also be achieved through a wide variety of cosmetic Skin Lightening treatments aimed at inhibiting melanin production in skin.
However, while adopting any of the treatments for lightening skin color, keep in mind that most of the natural cures are likely to give encouraging results when used for at least 4-5 weeks. Skin Lightening for dark pigmentation caused by serious burns or other medical conditions may require laser treatment, cryosurgery or other such procedures.
Causes and Symptoms of Dark Skin
Dark skin pigmentation is mostly a result of increased melanin, a substance responsible for skin pigmentation. It is a common phenomenon in African, Mediterranean, Arabian, Asian, Native American, Eastern European and other such regions in the world. It is often influenced by genetic factors. Excessive exposure to sun contributes in the same because dark skin has been found to tan easily.
Hormonal changes, too, may give rise to Hyper Pigmentation. Dark pigmentation on skin can also be caused by certain diseases and disorders such as Melasma, Hemochromatosis, Addison’s disease, Nelson’s disease etc. Dark skin is characterized by black or brown skin color or dark spots on skin.
Natural Home Remedies for Skin Lightening
• Rubbing a mixture of lemon juice and water taken in equal quantities is one of the simplest natural home remedies for Skin Lightening. Use it two to three times in a day. You can also add vinegar and rose water in this home remedy to make it more effective.
• Put some finely chopped fresh parsley in a cup of boiling water for half an hour. Strain the mixture and then apply on the skin to reduce dark pigmentation. This solution can be stored in the refrigerator for about a week.
• A mixture of oatmeal, curd, tomato juice and lime juice applied on skin is another highly beneficial Skin Lightening natural treatment. Apply it for about twenty minutes and then wash it off with cold water to heal the problem of dark pigmentation.
• Applying a combination of three parts of milk and one part of pure rubbing alcohol is one of the most effective natural home remedies for Skin Lightening. Use this mixture at night before going to sleep and wash it off in the morning.
• Simply applying a mixture of turmeric powder and lime juice works as an efficient homemade bleach to lighten skin color. It is helpful in curing Sunburn as well. You can also add cucumber juice in the mixture.
• Using a mixture of tomato pulp and 2-3 drops of lime juice on skin for twenty minutes serves as a good natural remedy for Skin Lightening home treatment. Follow this therapy two times in a day for at least half a month.
• Soak four almonds in water overnight. In the morning, remove their skin, grind them and add a little milk to make a thick paste. Finally apply this paste on your face and wash it off after half an hour when it dries. Follow this natural cure for Skin Lightening.
• Applying a combination of half a teaspoon of almond oil mixed with one teaspoon each of honey, lemon juice and milk powder for 15 minutes is one of the most valuable Skin Lightening home remedies.
• Put a teaspoon of dried fennel in a cup of boiling water and leave it for about an hour. Next, add some buttermilk and apply on skin. Finally, wash it off after twenty minutes.
• Another easy natural Skin Lightening cure would be to apply a face mask prepared from sandalwood powder, tomato juice, lemon juice and cucumber juice. Rinse the face with cold water when the mixture dries.
• Prepare a paste by adding 2-3 drops of lime juice and two teaspoons of raw milk in a tablespoon of gram flour. Apply it on skin for fifteen minutes and then wash it off. Follow this Skin Lightening home remedy for at least four weeks.
• Regularly applying a mixture of dried orange peels and yogurt for fifteen is a highly beneficial cure for lightening skin pigmentation.
• You can also use a paste of strawberry or papaya pulp mixed with yogurt to lighten for improving skin pigmentation. Fruit and vegetable masks prepared from apricot, cucumber, red current, sour cream masks etc are also beneficial in lightening skin tone.
• To facilitate Skin Lightening treatment at home, it is better to exfoliate at least once in a week using a coarse mixture of oatmeal, milk and brown sugar. Moreover, wear sunscreen cream or lotion when about 20 minutes before going out in sun.
Diet for Skin Lightening
Use the above mentioned natural home remedies for Skin Lightening regularly and have a balanced nutritious diet to make your skin healthy, glowing and attractive. In terms of diet, try to include more vitamin C and vitamin E rich foods in the diet.
For instance, eat strawberries, oranges, pomegranates, lemons, apricots, tomatoes, green onions, black currants, red currants, soy foods etc. Healthy diet adequate consumption of water can help a great deal in improving the condition of skin as well as removing toxins.