What is Skin Peeling?
“The finest clothing made is a person’s skin, but of course, society demands something more than this.” according to Mark Twain, US, an author. The skin i.e. finest clothing made by god comprises of several layers, outermost being the epidermis, which periodically peels off naturally, to make you look young. But when the skin peeling process sets in, due to medical conditions or any kind of skin disorder, it becomes a minor botheration.
Thus, to put in simple words, skin peeling is the process of shedding of outer layer of skin, or coming out off in scales. “In general, peeling skin in and of itself is not a big problem and no harm comes of it,” comments Guy F. Webster, M.D., Ph.D., assistant professor of dermatology and director of the Center for Cutaneous Pharmacology at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia, provided that you understand its various root causes along with its proper treatment, including various effective natural home remedies for skin peeling.
Causes and Symptoms of Skin Peeling
Before coming onto various symptoms of skin peeling which includes skin peeling itself, it would be better to identify and comprehend the various causes of skin peeling. To do so, you need to understand the architecture of skin, which comprises of 3 layers, outermost-epidermis, and middle-dermis with innermost hypodermis. Each layer performs distinct functions, and is under state of constant change. As far as the outermost layer i.e. epidermis is concerned, it gets displaced over a period of twenty-eight (28) days regularly.
The 28 days period for replacement of outer skin, is liable to be influenced with multiple factors like level of hydration, sun exposure and many other issues. Thus, skin peeling is a temporary worriment, as the skin gets replaced as a result of natural skin peeling mechanism. However, in certain cases like infections, medications that trigger skin peeling and ancestry skin peeling syndrome, require extra attention in the form of an appointment with medical practitioner.
Few identified causes, responsible for skin peeling are:
• Abundant sweating as a result of wearing close-fitting boots or gloves
• A few blisters are known to found between the two layers of skin, and thus when they burst up, they exposes the underneath layer of skin for peeling
• Dried-up skin with extreme cold environmental conditions.
• Sunburn is very commonly identified as a prime mover of skin peeling among masses
• Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis i.e. TEN is a rare skin disease, which expresses itself in the form of blisters, enveloping the entire body, also causes skin peeling.
• Yet another exceptional root cause of skin peeling is ancestry skin peeling syndrome that causes the continuous skin peeling.
• Eczema, including the common rashes is also found to cause skin peeling.
• Psoriasis, a skin disease marked by red scaly patches, also results in inflammation of the skin, leading to ultimately skin peeling.
Although skin peeling is itself a symptom, hinting other skin disorders, yet it too has certain symptoms, which are if noticed on time, can help you to get rid of skin peeling timely. The various symptoms are Skin flaking, Cracked skin and other skin symptoms.
Natural Home Remedies For Skin Peeling
The use of natural herbs and material in the treatment of diseases is not new as the method dates back to the time of, some of the very old civilizations of the world including Egyptian, Chinese and Indian civilization. Thus, if you wan to make use of time tested natural home remedies for skin peeling, just continue reading further.
Aloe Vera a natural herb, whose most can be made by using it in the natural form or in the cream based on Aloe Vera, is one of an unmatched natural home remedies for skin peeling.
Grated cucumber can be further applied over the skin area affected by skin peeling, especially on face. It further prevents drying of skin as well.
Go for juice of fresh mint, and apply it over night, can go a long way in treating skin peeling. Additionally it’s one of those natural home remedies for skin peeling, which is also found to be effective on other skin disorders like eczema and dermatitis.
A mix of honey, clove oil, sandalwood and turmeric is found to be ample curative for skin peeling.
Taking a cool bath further helps you to overcome the ailment, as it will tend to soak away loose skin flakes, if any.
Diet For Skin Peeling
Dietary influence has now been recognized by the doctors, all over the world, as it has got to do with your overall health, i.e. physical and mental. Thus, you need to pay heed to your diet.
• As mentioned before hand, there is direct relation between your diet and health, thus prefer the balanced diet, which comprises of all the necessary proteins, carbohydrates, fats, essential fatty acids and all fundamental vitamins and minerals for healthy skin.
• Sometimes deficiency of vitamin A and B, Iodine and iron also trigger skin peeling. Hence, include the food rich in above mentioned parts like butter, eggs, milk, yeast, broccoli, almonds etc.
• Drink 10-12 glasses of water every day.
Leave a Reply