Toothache natural treatment consisting of a number of home remedies for Toothache relief is extremely useful in dealing with this debilitating problem. It can be chronic or mild, depending on the underlying condition that is causing pain.
The most common problems giving rise to tooth pain are dental cavity, cracked tooth and gum disease. Issues like exposed tooth root, damaged filling, traumatic tooth injury, habit of teeth grinding etc also cause Toothache. The sharp and throbbing pain may be accompanied by swelling around the affected tooth.
In case of infection, there may be discharge around the tooth or gums. Toothache is a common problem but it should not be ignored if it is accompanied by fever or earache. Consult your dentist in case the pain is too severe or lasts for more than a couple of days.
Natural Home Remedies for Toothache Relief
• Clove oil has been used as an effective natural remedy for Toothache relief since time immemorial. It has antibacterial properties and works as a natural pain reliever. As the oil is quite strong, you can dilute it with olive oil or any other carrier oil and then apply on the affected area.
Alternatively, you can place one or two cloves in your mouth to ease the pain. Besides, garlic oil and oregano oil can also be used as valuable home remedies for Toothache relief during pregnancy.
• Application of clove oil mixed with a pinch of black pepper powder is highly beneficial in the home treatment for Toothache pain. A pinch of pepper powder can also be used in combination with a quarter teaspoon of common salt to relieve tooth pain and prevent cavities. Follow this therapy on a regular basis.
• Take a garlic clove, put some rock salt on it and then place it inside the mouth on the affected area to cure Toothache naturally. Simply chewing garlic regularly also serves as one of the best home remedies for Toothache relief. If you are worried about the unpleasant smell of garlic then you can chew some parsley afterwards to ward off bad breath.
• Chewing onion or placing onion slice on the aching area is another valuable natural cure for Toothache relief. You can also place a piece of peeled ginger in mouth.
• Putting a little bit of asafoetida powder mixed with lime juice on the affected tooth is a therapeutic Toothache home remedy that provides immediate relief from the pain. Heat the mixture and apply it with the help of a cotton ball.
• Applying pure vanilla, almond extract or peppermint extract can help reduce the pain surely but temporarily.
• Popular herbal cures for Toothache involve the use of raw crushed plantain leaves mixed with salt, applying a paste of powdered bay berry bark and vinegar, or using tea tree oil diluted in water as mouthwash to stop the pain.
• Alcoholic beverages like whisky and brandy can also be used to get rid of Toothache pain. You can either use a cotton ball soaked in the liquid or swish it around the affected area. Liquor has a numbing effect on tooth pain. Do not use this Toothache relief home remedy during pregnancy.
• Rinsing the mouth with saline solution is one of the oldest natural home remedies for Toothache relief. You can prepare this solution simply by adding a teaspoon of salt in a glass of warm water.
• Apply three to four drops of mustard oil mixed with a pinch of turmeric powder is highly beneficial in relieving Toothache pain.
• Chewing wheatgrass or using its juice for rinsing the mouth helps heal Toothache caused by tooth decay or gum infection.
• Gargling with a solution of 4-5 leaves boiled in water is helpful in getting rid of tooth pain. It also helps cure bleeding gums and mouth sores. Follow this remedy several times in a day. Another natural way to heal Toothache with guava leaves is to simply chew the leaves.
• Placing ice packs, warm moist tea bags and chewing ice cubes are some other common natural cures for Toothache pain. In addition, have more citrus fruits to reduce the pain, restrict the consumption of highly sugary foods and regularly maintain good oral hygiene.
If you have any further suggestions or natural home remedies for Toothache relief then feel free to share them with us.