What is Toothache?
Toothache is a common problem and often, a warning of an underlying dental problem. It is perhaps one of the most excruciating pains as it occurs in the nerves connecting the tooth. It has been observed that the pain tends to increase in intensity in the presence of conditions like mental stress and anxiety.
The pain associated with Toothache can be constant or it can be triggered by conditions like heat, cold, consumption of a sweet food, brushing etc. The most common causes of Toothache are tooth decay, infection, cracked tooth, gum disease, infected dental pulp and a host of other similar causes. Heart problems and earaches may also involve Toothache as an important symptom of these conditions.
A number of natural home remedies for Toothache can be highly beneficial in dealing with this sort of pain. In most of the cases, the pain can be reduced and eliminated effectively after determining and analyzing the actual cause behind it. An important tip in this regard would be to avoid curing the pain with heat treatment as heat tends to worsen the pain caused by infection.
Causes and Symptoms of Toothache
Tooth decay and gum diseases are the most common causes of Toothache. These conditions are caused by the growth of bacteria and plaque. Most of the dental problems result in inflammation or damage to dental pulp. The dental pulp consists of a network of nerve ending. These nerve ending are the actual cause of pain as they are extremely sensitive to pain. This inflammation (Pulpitis) can be reversible or irreversible in nature.
The pain tends to disappear on its own in case of reversible Pulpitis but it may require rot canal treatment in case of irreversible Pulpitis. At times, an emerging wisdom tooth may cause infection and swelling of the tissues around the teeth and cause Toothache. An exposed tooth root can also be a source of great pain around the tooth. Generally, maintaining proper dental hygiene goes a long way in preventing oral cavities and decays thereby preventing Toothache.
The most obvious symptom of Toothache is pain around the tooth or jaw. The intensity of the pain may be mild or severe depending on the underlying cause. The condition may also be accompanied by symptoms like bad breath and gum inflammation and bleeding.
Natural Home Remedies for Toothache
• Clove oil, nutmeg oil and alcohol are some important natural home remedies for Toothache. Application of the remedies helps to relieve the pain.
• Applying a mixture of mustard oil and turmeric powder serves as an effective home treatment for tooth pain and infection.
• The application of a combination of a pinch of black pepper powder and some clove is a tried and tested Toothache home remedy. Pepper powder can also be mixed with a quarter teaspoon of salt and then applied on the affected area to reduce tooth problems and aches.
• Boil a cup of water mixed with a pinch of salt and five grams of peppermint. Drink this solution to reduce and cure Toothache naturally. Dried peppermint leaves can also be placed on the affected area for about 15 minutes several times in a day to ease Toothache.
• Prepare a decoction by boiling some water mixed with a two inch bark of margosa tree and five or six cloves. Store this therapeutic decoction in the refrigerator and keep applying it on the affected area from time to time to heal the pain. This remdy is considered as one of the most successful home remedies for Toothache.
• Take some asafetida, grind it along with some lemon juice and finally heat it. Soak some cotton in this mixture and place it on the aching area for quick relief from Toothache.
• Applying a paste prepared from vinegar and bay berry bark is useful in controlling tooth pain.
• Use juice extracted from wheatgrass as a natural mouthwash for avoiding bacterial infections in the mouth that cause a lot of tooth problems, especially Toothaches. Oregano oil also helps fight bacterial growth. It should be applied on the affected area to eliminate Toothache.
• Apply some real vanilla extract on the aching area for some time to get rid of Toothache immediately.
• Application of ice packs on the cheeks is one of the most popular and equally effective home remedies for toothache. It helps to numb the pain.
Diet for Toothache
While dealing with toothaches, it is very important to include vitamin C rich foods in the diet. It helps to strengthen the teeth and gums. Citrus juices are highly beneficial in this regard, especially lemon juice and orange juice. In the same way, pungent and bitter vegetables help to check bacterial growth in the mouth.
Chewing fresh leaves of spinach helps to strengthen the gums which, in turn helps to prevent Toothache. Similarly, chewing leaves of guava tree is also one of the most effective natural home remedies for Toothache. Onion is also a good natural remedy for such problems. Raw onion can be chewed for about five minutes to kill germs causing tooth decay and other tooth related ailments.
Apart from these measures, maintain proper oral hygiene by gargling after every meal. Warm saline solution is highly beneficial in this regard. Sweet and spicy foods should be avoided as far as possible.
Ron Frank says
Relative to toothache pain, the best and quickest remedy that I’ve found, being an inventor and self proclaimed experimenter, is too take a Q-tip, dip one end in bleach and massage the gums around the site. This may sound drastic, but wait. After about five minutes, rinse your mouth with hydrogen peroxide(H2O2). The bleach and H2O2 cancel each other out and you are left with salt water. When doing my white laundry, I put about a tablespoon of H2O2 in the fabric softener cup at the top of the agitator. The spin cycle sprays the H2O2, the whites don’t smell like chlorine and the cotton fiber don’t degrade as quickly.
I was suggested this website by means of my cousin. I am now not positive whether this submit is written by means of him as no one else realize such unique approximately my trouble. You’re amazing! Thank you!
ovarian cyst treatment says
I like the valuable info you supply in your articles. I’ll bookmark your weblog and check again here regularly. I’m slightly sure I will be told lots of new stuff proper right here! Best of luck for the next!