What are Whiteheads?
Whiteheads, one of the four forms of Acne Vulgaris are formed due to clogged hair follicles. Like Blackheads, Whiteheads are also caused because of excess sebum or natural oil produced by the sebaceous glands present in the skin. Whiteheads are also referred to as Closed Comedones in medical terms.
They usually appear on the sides of the nose as small white spots. They are formed when dead skin cells combine with excess sebum to form a hardened material or comedo that causes clogging in the hair follicles.
In case of Whiteheads, these comedones tend to stay below the skin whereas in case of Blackheads they become enlarge and pop out. Whiteheads are generally considered as the initial signs of Acne and Pimples.
Therefore, the treatment of Whiteheads can help reduce the risk of developing further Pimples.
In this regard, the natural treatment consisting of several tried and tested home remedies for Whiteheads have been in effect since time immemorial.
Causes and Symptoms of Whiteheads
Like Acne, Pimples and Blackheads, Whiteheads are also caused by overactive sebaceous glands. This usually happens naturally during puberty. Lack of proper hygiene, sun exposure, impurities within the blood and certain genetic factors can also be held responsible for causing this problem.
Use of cortisone medicines and certain hormonal changes may also contribute in causing this skin problem. Hard scrubbing or continual rubbing of the affected area may worsen the condition. Diet also plays an important role in controlling or aggravating this problem.
The most obvious symptom of Whiteheads is the presence of tiny bumps or white spots on the skin that last for about one to four weeks. The nose, cheeks, temples and forehead are the most common areas affected by this ailment.
More often than not, they are smaller and less ugly as compared to Blackheads. They are generally white or flesh colored. When the non-inflammatory Whiteheads become infected with bacteria, they become give rise to Acne.
Natural Home Remedies for Whiteheads
• Simply rubbing the face with lemon skin twice in a week is one of the simplest Whitehead home remedies.
• Prepare a paste by adding some vinegar in cornstarch. Apply it on the face and leave it for about 15 to 30 minutes. Then, wash it off with some warm water and washcloth. This is one of the most widely used natural home remedies for Whiteheads natural treatment.
• Add a pinch of salt and two teaspoons of lime juice in approximately 50 ml of raw milk and use this mixture as a homemade cleansing lotion. Application of this natural remedy helps to cure Whiteheads by cleaning deep pores in the skin.
• Lime juice can also be used in combination with groundnut oil to heal Whiteheads naturally. For this, take one tablespoon each of both the ingredients and apply the resultant mixture on the affected areas on a regular basis to get rid of this problem.
• Prepare a paste by adding some lime juice in roasted and powdered pomegranate skin. Applying this paste regularly on the affected areas serves as a highly beneficial Whitehead home remedy.
• Applying a paste of fenugreek leaves and water on the face overnight is one of the best natural home remedies for Whiteheads on nose. Regular application of this remdy helps to prevent as well as cure this ailment in a natural way.
• Grated potatoes can be applied as poultice to remove Whiteheads effectively.
• Facial steaming is one of the most popular home treatments for Whiteheads and Blackheads. Steam the face for about 10 minutes to open clogged hair follicles.
• Take sandalwood powder and add some rose water in it, just enough to form a paste. Applying this paste on the face for about 20 minutes or half an hour and then washing it off with the help of warm water is one of the safest Whiteheads home remedies.
Diet for Whiteheads
A healthy and well balanced diet consisting of nutritious fruits, vegetables, whole grains, sprouts, nuts and seeds is highly beneficial in dealing with Whiteheads, Blackheads and Acne. Foods rich in vitamin A, vitamin B2 and vitamin E are particularly useful in this regard.
Foods like milk, yogurt, pumpkin seeds, spinach, legumes, etc should be positively included in the diet. Moreover, drinking adequate amount of water and fruit and vegetable juices is also considered beneficial for skin.
In addition, certain restrictive measures can also prove to be helpful in reducing and eliminating Whiteheads to a great extent. They include restriction in the consumption of oily and fatty foods.
Animal fats like beef, lamb, red meat etc should also be avoided as far as possible. Besides, proper steps should be taken to maintain adequate hygiene and reduce stress.
mix rice powder ,milk .1 teaspoon of honey and rosewater. apply on the affected area.wash it off when it dries.apply it thrice a week
YES IT IS REALLY GOOD.I AM FAIR NOW THANK U VERY MUCH
i find it helpful with just ice
hi….will these above techniques really work bcoz i have whiteheads over my nose …if it does work how long will it take…..anyways thanks for tip……
How long does 1 take applying these remedies for positive signs 2 show
U can also use unflavored gelatin and milk (doesn’t matter if one or two percent) take one teaspoon if milk and one teaspoon of the unflavored gelatin and microwave in a microwavable cup for 10 seconds and take the cup out and make sure its a little cool enough to put on nose,chin etc. And put the homemade pore strips on your nose or whatever and wait five to ten minutes for it to dry and after that peel off the strip and VOILA!! The gunk in your pores is out:)
my acne and pimples is getting worse pls someone should come to my aid.The most annoying thing is dat am fair and its so obvious especially the whiteheads.thanks
When I got a white head I waited until it I could see clear white and not just a red piece of skin and then I picked it off. Then I immediately put E45 cream on it but kind of left a big lump over it and I didn’t have a whitehead the next day or again.