What are Womens Health Issues?
As the name suggests, Womens Health Issues are those health issues that are more commonly found in women. Some such health issues are Osteoporosis, Vaginal Infections, Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, Endometriosis, Fibroids, Breast Cancer, Menstrual Problems, Pregnancy related issues, Heart Diseases, Libido, Depression, Alzheimer’s Disease etc.
So, Women’s Health Issues can be caused by physical, mental or emotional factors. Some of these health problems are increasing in number because of the changing lifestyle and increasing pressure. Therefore, it is essential for women to take care of themselves and try to avoid these problems by adopting proper lifestyle and dietary measures.
Besides, like other diseases, Mother Nature holds some important and highly beneficial cures specifically useful for improving women’s health. These natural home remedies for Womens Health Issues have been in effect since time immemorial. People are now turning towards these natural remedies to avoid the harmful side effects of costly conventional medicines.
Causes of Womens Health Issues
Some of the most common causes of Women’s Health Issues like heart diseases are diabetes, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, smoking, alcoholism, obesity, increasing age and sedentary lifestyle. Hereditary factors can also be held responsible for causing a number of Womens Health Issues.
Unhealthy diet also plays an important role in causing Women’s Health Issues due to vitamin and mineral deficiencies. Other factors include hormonal imbalances, the genetic makeup, inadequate personal hygiene, intake of contraceptive pills and other related factors.
It has been observed that women with early onset of menstruation and menopause are more at risk of developing Breast Cancer. Women are also prone to Eating Disorders and Psychological Disorders due to societal pressures.
Symptoms of Womens Health Issues
Symptoms of Women’s Health Issues largely depend on the type of disease causing the problem. For instance, heart diseases are characterized by chest pain, unexplained excess fatigue, sweating, and heart attack.
Unusual vaginal discharge is one of the most common symptoms of Vaginal Infections. Moreover, Menstrual Problems are characterized by a number of symptoms like heavy bleeding, menstrual cramps, irregular menstruation and other similar symptoms.
More often than not, Menopause related issues are accompanied by hot flushes, vaginal dryness, anxiety, depression etc. Nipple, tenderness, nipple discharge, formation of a lump in the breast or near it and other serious symptoms may indicate the presence of Breast Cancer, Tumors or Cysts.
Pregnancy related complications may lead to symptoms like brownish vaginal bleeding, nausea, vomiting, fever, dizziness, sudden increase in thirst with little or no urination, pelvic pain etc.
Natural Home Remedies for Womens Health Issues
• Herbs like yarrow, plantain witch hazel bark, motherwort, white oat bark and other such herbs are excellent natural home remedies for Women’s Health Issues, specifically the ones related to unusual vaginal discharge.
• Chamomile, parsley, mugwort, lemon balm and other similar herbs serve as effective Womens Health home remedies. These herbs are useful in the treatment of womens health problems like menstrual cramps. Blue and black cohosh, lobelia and valerian herbs also highly beneficial natural remedies, but they should be taken in small doses and in severe cases only.
• Decoction prepared from chamomile flowers is the most trusted natural remedy for Women’s Health Problems like Premenstrual Syndrome.
• Decoctions and infusions prepared from cinnamon, raspberry, bayberry bark, and ova ursi herbs help to cure Womens Health Issues related to heavy menstrual bleeding.
• Regular consumption of red raspberry is a simple and widely used home remedy used to reduce Pregnancy related labor pains. Infusion prepared from the leaves of this plant help to heal and relieve contraction pains.
• Peppermint, peach leaves, cloves, spearmint, anise, sweet balm and alfalfa are the most successful natural home remedies for Womens Health Issues associated with Pregnancy and Morning Sickness.
• Herbal teas prepared from huckleberry leaves, parsley leaves and cinnamon serve as efficient natural home remedies for Womens Health Issues related to excessive lactation. On the other hand, alfalfa, barley water, baneberry leaves, comfrey etc are useful in increasing lactation.
• Yogurt is the best remdy for reducing vaginal yeast infections.
Diet for Womens Health Issues
Certain Women’s Health Issues like Menstrual Problems, Premenstrual Syndrome, Pregnancy-related issues and other such problems can be relieved with a balanced and healthy diet aimed at eliminating vitamin and mineral deficiencies. Therefore, women should take particular care of their diet by including a variety of fresh fruits, green leafy vegetables, whole grains, nuts and seeds in the diet.
Omega-3 fatty acids found in seafood and oils extracted from flaxseed, hemp seeds and linseeds are highly beneficial in curing PMS related health issues. Plus, the home treatment should also be supported by an active lifestyle with adequate amount of physical activities. Yoga is highly beneficial in this regard. Needless to add, harmful junk and fatty foods with empty calories should be avoided as much as possible.