Occurrence of Yeast Infections in moms-to-be is quite a troublesome but usually not serious problem. Thankfully, there are some home remedies for Yeast Infection during pregnancy that you can use along with antifungal treatments to eliminate the ailment.
The problem is more common during the second trimester of pregnancy because of hormonal changes leading to higher levels of estrogen. The condition is also referred to as Vaginal Candidiasis because it is mostly caused by Candida albicans fungi.
Moreover, taking antibiotic medications for a long time tends to increase the risk of developing Yeast Infections. Although antibiotics destroy harmful bacteria, but these medicines also eliminate protective bacteria present in the vagina.
During pregnancy, Yeast Infection is characterized by itching, redness, irritation in the vagina. The affected area may also become swollen.
Additional symptoms include burning sensation during urination and presence of white, creamy vaginal discharge. The problem can become complicated in case the lower digestive tract also gets affected.
To get rid of this problem, you can adopt some natural home remedies for Yeast Infection during pregnancy. In addition, use a good quality antifungal cream recommended by your doctor. Choose over-the-counter antifungal creams containing clotrimazole over the ones containing nystatin.
Natural Home Remedies for Yeast Infection During Pregnancy
• Applying plain yogurt on the affected area is a popular natural treatment for Yeast Infection during pregnancy. Apart form healing the problem, it helps relieve the itching and irritation by providing a cooling effect.
• Consumption of probiotic foods like yogurt serves as a good Yeast Infection during pregnancy home remedy because it helps restore the balance of good bacteria that fight harmful micro organisms. Eating garlic is also beneficial in getting rid of Yeast Infection. Garlic clove can also be placed in the vagina during night time.
• Providing ventilation in the vaginal area by taking off panty when going to bed is one of most effective natural remedies for Yeast Infection during pregnancy. Moreover, opt for cotton panties rather than synthetic or nylon ones. Use plain, unscented toilet paper. Needless to add, avoid wearing tight-fitting clothing.
• Use a bleach solution or steam iron to sterilize infected undergarments.
• Soaking in cool bath water for about 10-15 minutes is one of the best natural home remedies for Yeast Infection during pregnancy because it helps relieve pain and discomfort considerably.
• Applying honey for about 15-20 minutes and then washing it off completely works as a good Yeast Infection home treatment.
• Using dilute tea tree oil on the affected area is considered as a valuable natural cure for Yeast Infection during pregnancy. Taking a sitz bath in a tub of water mixed with a cup of apple cider vinegar to heal Yeast Infection naturally. It is suggested that you consult your doctor before going ahead with any of these fungal infection home treatments.
• Take a well balanced, healthy diet and avoid smoking cigarette and drinking alcohol in order to improve immunity. Restrict the intake of highly sugary foods because yeast thrives on sugars.
Follow the above mentioned safe yet successful natural home remedies for Yeast Infection during pregnancy, keep the genital area dry and clean, and avoid taking oral antifungal drugs.
Excellent post. I was checking continuously this blog and I’m impressed! Very useful information specifically the closing section 🙂 I maintain such information much. I was looking for this particular info for a very long time. Thanks and good luck.
I have found out a thing new on a number of weblogs day-to-day. It is usually stimulating to find out written content of other authors and learn a little some thing from their site. Appreciate your giving.
Yeast Infection Home Treatment says
It is dangerous if you have an infection while you are pregnant. But you can avoid it by following these article.